It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just one more banana peel for President Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

One more thought. The real question that all of us here could be focusing on is how the right and the left seem to be yelling the same things about the ''other'' at each other? That might make a good thread but I am not up to composing it as I seem unable to author threads of substance. Want to give it a try?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

President Turnp just made a mistake.

It's not that yuuge of a deal, even tremendously young people can suffer bigly from dementia.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

How true, how true. Yet the number of communications errors he seems prone to make should be called to question. I know that if I had made even a percentage of the simple mistakes he seems to make I would not have lasted long in my job. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

As petty a post as I would expect.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well then maybe you might be able to suggest to me how that reply could be considered anything but petty itself. Two days after the OP you come and leave a one line insult. Do you see THAT as petty? Do you think that that would be engaging?

Me, I offered a video clip of the President of the United States forgetting the name of the town he had come to visit. A town that had burned to the ground with scores of people dead and more missing. Everybody knows about Paradise now. Everybody knows it's name.

Trump could not remember it correctly. Mr. I'm the only one, the best of the best, could not remember the name of the town he had come to eulogies. ''Im' sorry Mrs. Lincoln, what was your husbands name again?''

It would be petty if it were a one of. A random here or there slip. But this was not a one of. This fits a perceivable pattern of miss statements he continues to make that can be considered tell tale warning signs of mental deficiency. And when I say perceivable that is a crucial point. This is perceivable to some and not perceivable to others.

To some it is perceived as Trump Derangement Syndrome. Those who supposedly suffer from this malady interpret everything about Trump in a negative light. But there are as well, those who perceive these things about Trump as just isolated incidents that are being framed to look bad by TDS sufferers.

Petty would be making a big deal over Trump having paper stuck to his heel as he ascends to Air Force One. That was petty. Forgetting the name of the town he came to eulogise was not. It was shameful and disrespectful at the same time. Ant that fits easily into a framework that many of us clearly see about this potus.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: chr0naut

How true, how true. Yet the number of communications errors he seems prone to make should be called to question. I know that if I had made even a percentage of the simple mistakes he seems to make I would not have lasted long in my job. Just saying.

Are you saying he's unfit for the job due to Dementia? What qualifications do you have to make that call? Is Pelosi as sick, or sicker?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wonder at how you arrived at that understanding of the post you quoted. I can only infer that you are suggesting that I am incapable of assessing his mental health because I am not a mental health expert, though even then were I to be there would be the next argument that I had not sat down with him personally to gather such a diagnosis.

So no, I am not a mental health expert nor did I suggest that he is suffering from dementia. Though one might suppose that you not being a mental health expert do likewise not have the expertise to believe that he does not have dementia. But that is besides the point of your question.

I said simply that comparing the number of incorrect things that come out of his mouth and almost immediately need correcting to the number of errors I would have been allowed in my career would have landed me in the street looking for another job.

And why do you ask me about Pelosi? Are you one of those that believe that if a person does not like Trump that automatically they must like Pelosi? Is your world view that simple? I have no fond words for her either, and I hope that the struggle within the Dem party removes her from Speaker so that she will just be another Congresswoman who will finally get the message that her day is done and never run for Congress again.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Petty would be making a big deal over Trump having paper stuck to his heel as he ascends to Air Force One. That was petty. Forgetting the name of the town he came to eulogise was not. It was shameful and disrespectful at the same time. Ant that fits easily into a framework that many of us clearly see about this potus.

See, what you are doing is pretending that Trump purposefully misspoke the name of the town--then and only then would it be an act of disrespect. But, instead, it was obviously a simple mistake, and the fact that you read into it more deeply than you should based on (from what I gather from your history of comments) ideological bias is...what's the word? Oh, yeah--it's rather petty.

When Obama made his 57-states gaff, I defended him because it was a simple mistake from a guy obviously tired from the job of campaigning. When he spent 8 more years (the first four of which I voted for him to be president) making mistake after mistake and making claims that were wrong--especially when he was a constitutional-law professor--does that mean that he has a mental deficiency, or was that different because...well, ideology?

What about Joe Biden? What about Dubya Bush? They all make mistakes when speaking, because in their jobs, their minds are moving a mile a minute. To pretend that this is necessarily indicative of a mental deficiency is rather silly, especially when one is not a practicing medical doctor who specializes in "mental deficiencies." Out of curiosity, is that your profession?

And for the record, pettiness is not an attractive trait...see how ugly the following pettiness makes me seem as a person?

Well then maybe you might be able to suggest to me how that reply could be considered anything but petty itself. Two days after the OP you come and leave a one line insult. Do you see THAT as petty? Do you think that that would be engaging?
It's called fighting fire with fire.

And it's "one-line insult"--hyphens matter

#pettyFTW

As for your two-day comment, you don't get to put time limits on when someone responds to your comment, as you can tell by my response today.

Me, I offered a video clip of the President of the United States forgetting the name of the town he had come to visit. A town that had burned to the ground with scores of people dead and more missing. Everybody knows about Paradise now. Everybody knows it's name.

Right, so what you're saying is that you are petty because you refuse to allow someone to make a simple mistake. Hell, I sometimes call my kids by the other's name--I must be a horrible person with your logic. (I've done it more than once...)

#pettyFTW

Trump could not remember it correctly. Mr. I'm the only one, the best of the best, could not remember the name of the town he had come to eulogies. ''Im' sorry Mrs. Lincoln, what was your husbands name again?''

Yeah, I know...he's such a terrible person for being human and having a brain fart.

And it's "eulogize" and "I'm" and "husband's."

#pettyFTW

It would be petty if it were a one of.

Or even a "one off."

#pettyFTW

But this was not a one of.

Please see above. Maybe a governor-elect should have corrected you, since you made that error twice?

#pettyFTW

This fits a perceivable pattern of miss statements he continues to make that can be considered tell tale warning signs of mental deficiency. And when I say perceivable that is a crucial point. This is perceivable to some and not perceivable to others.

It's actually "misstatement" and "telltale (or tell-tale) warning." (And presumably unqualified, online, subjective perceptions don't mean much)

#pettyFTW

See, that's not fun to be nitpicked in a petty way, is it? Do all of your repetitive mistakes deem you mentally incompetent to communicate via the written word? Should we all be concerned about your mental fitness?

#SixDayHiatusBeforeRespondingFTW

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You know, you are correct. He was not disrespectful. My bad. He demonstrated a ''lack of respect''.

The whole point of a potus going to visit a ravished area like this where scores of people died and towns destroyed is merely for one purpose, to demonstrate solidarity. To show that we care, that he cares. This is the tradition of that aspect of his office. Forgetting the name of the town fails in that effort. The why of it, either he just goofed and we forget it, or it was one more example of his not caring at all and was only there for his own photo op is up for grabs. Some of us see it one way and others just justify it.

As to the petty bit, well, you are right again. I was petty in calling you petty. It was a disappointment to me as I have appreciated a number of other posts and threads authored by you but this one came on the tail end of a thread that had already been thoroughly trashed by the gang. When you came along, after two days with a one liner, it seemed to be nothing more than like when a gang beats someone up and the last guy to leave, the smallest hanger-on who missed out on the major thrashing gives a kick in the ribs to the corpse and says, '' and me too'' just to prove he is one of the gang.

And as to the rest of my ''petty'' mistakes all I can say again is you are right. But then I'm not Potus who should not be making petty mistakes like this all the time.

So thanks for the extended reply Monkey, it gives me stuff to reflect upon.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The whole point of a potus going to visit a ravished area like this where scores of people died and towns destroyed is merely for one purpose, to demonstrate solidarity. To show that we care, that he cares. This is the tradition of that aspect of his office. Forgetting the name of the town fails in that effort. The why of it, either he just goofed and we forget it, or it was one more example of his not caring at all and was only there for his own photo op is up for grabs. Some of us see it one way and others just justify it.

Actually, you are only about 1/3 correct--the MAIN reason that a POTUS visits victims of "acts of god" is to see the devastation for himself and talk with people and town/county/state leaders in order to determine what, if any, federal aid will be provided, both in money and services.

That is my opinion, I suppose, but that really is the majority of the reasoning for a president putting his dress shoes on the ground--otherwise, I've heard that just typing "thoughts and prayers" on Twitter proves that someone cares.

When you came along, after two days with a one liner, it seemed to be nothing more than like when a gang beats someone up and the last guy to leave, the smallest hanger-on who missed out on the major thrashing gives a kick in the ribs to the corpse and says, '' and me too'' just to prove he is one of the gang.

The problem with that analogy is that I didn't read anything in the thread before making my comment, so I don't really care about "a gang," nor did I know that they had already beaten you down.

I'll admit that one-liners are petty, but like I said, I was just fighting fire with fire concerning the OP. Hopefully you know that, if a comment of yours has teeth and substance, I'm always willing to discuss with both substance and respect (even if I'm very direct and some people take that the wrong way at times).

Regardless, I think that we're kicking this dead horse in the ribs at this point--we can discuss the next mistake that he makes, because we both know that it will happen in abundance.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You summed up that conversation succinctly Slap and we will converse again. I only reply now so as to get in the last word. Nyahhhh.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join