It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left has officially lost its mind…and Democratic lawmaker Eric Swalwell is living proof.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Using the military to subvert the population would never work in my opinion. The first problem is the people would come together and the military would fracture. The military only works when they work as a unit and that can’t work if the military can’t trust their own soldiers. Most would turn on their leaders before turning on their families and friends.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Right, and not likely to happen unless the Military was infiltrated by an enemy force, like jihadi anti American alien plants. Even that would take a few generations being unnoticed. It just Wouldn't happen.
edit on 19-11-2018 by MrPopularity because: hap

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPopularity
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I didn't realize that, but real; fake it was said, that's the problem. That it was said at all. Poking a bear with an iron rod is never a good idea, which he knew would provoke and insult people.

Check the context of the exchange... the whole thing is shown in a series of screen-caps on Snopes

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: MrPopularity

There's already a thread on this clown and his nuclear statement, as was pointed out in the other thread it was likely meant as a point that citizens with their AR's are no match for the government and their arsenal of weaponry, if a rogue government wanted you dead they could do it and easily without a fight. To think he meant it literally is a little hyperbole if I ever saw it.

He may have been a little stupid ...

But it is an interesting look into the mind, if you can call it that, of the left.

By Any Means Necessary, right?

To be blunt, it's my opinion that anyone who plays for team left or team right have lost it, you know the lights are on but nobody's home.

It's my opinion at this point that if you are not on a team, you are in denial.

There is a very real geosocialpolitical war going on right now in America.

I seriously doubt that it will ever escalate to another civil war.

However, there are only two other endings, economically.

One, we continue to slide left, bankrupt everything, settle into the Greatest Depression and have to move forward.

Two, we can fix the system we have and move forward.

Neither of those two alternatives end with the left in charge.

It's just math.

I realize you are stuck in this " us verses them " reality, you think there is only one way this can be fixed, there are more options than right or left you just have to be willing to see them.

Ummm...okay genius...please list all these other wonderful options to solving...the human condition...

For us po country folk natch...cause we’s too redneck to rub enough brain cells together to figur it out...

Use really small words...the more single syllable words the better...and no Kumbaya...

K...?

YouSir

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Dear Mr Popularity (ironic much?)

We (the left) are always left aghast at it how some members like to think that we one the left have some kind of collective hive mind so when one liberal goes a bit nuts they like to pretend that "The Left has officially lost its mind". As if we are all one entity.

No the left has not lost its mind because its a fallacy to believe that the left is all of one mind. Much like it would be stupid to claim that the entire of the the political right has lost their mind because Alex Jones said that they are putting chemicals in the water to make the fricken frogs gay.

Many of us identify as leaning to the left but we disagree with each other on a whole load of issues that some would call "leftist". Its called a political spectrum for that very reason. Just like some of you lot on the right might disagree with each other on various issues (ie. gay pond life).

At best, Eric Swalwell has lost his mind but until you find a qualified medical practitioner to confirm that its still just a opinion.

We know to some of you that might sound a little pedantic but it really does annoy us when some members talk about the left as if we are some kind of collective consciousness. If you take this to a extreme then its like saying that a conservative's have lost their mind because Neo-nazis want to slaughter all the jews or whatever is the new issue for the far right (again homosexual tadpoles)

Its not only offensive and ignorant but its also lazy.

Please stop it.

Sincerely, the left (all of us because that seems to make it easier for the OP's lazy arguments)
edit on 19-11-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

It was real but it was in a tweet attempting to quickly rebut the notion that should the military turn on our citizens, the weapons we have will not be enough to fight them off, which, has long been one of the more staunch defenses against gun control. Yes it was a poor analogy, but that is what is was. A symbolic statement on the over all superiority of our military.

Lol you guys forget that quickly?

The russian invasion of afghanistan?

Or the 10 year war you had, right after 9/11.

Why didnt your army just finish that up in a few weeks?

Give me a brake

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I get his point about fire superiority.. but being a veteran I know firsthand...someone has to use all that firepower and it's the men and women who signed up to defend American freedoms that do so.

Besides, fire superiority doesn't always win out...as evidenced by our own history starting in 1775...

A2D

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Banging my head against a wall would be far more productive than attempting to discuss ideas with you, it's not because you're dumb but because you've already made up your mind.
edit on 19-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It was real but it was in a tweet attempting to quickly rebut the notion that should the military turn on our citizens, the weapons we have will not be enough to fight them off, which, has long been one of the more staunch defenses against gun control. Yes it was a poor analogy, but that is what is was. A symbolic statement on the over all superiority of our military.

I am always amazed folks assume the military will instantaneously default to turning on the citizenry should the government throw out the Constitution and institute tyranny.

The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers are as follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
(Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."
(DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

Lol you guys forget that quickly?

The russian invasion of afghanistan?

Or the 10 year war you had, right after 9/11.

Why didnt your army just finish that up in a few weeks?

Give me a brake

Well, yes, There is that ain't there. That and Vietnam as well.
I can't answer to those drawn out conflicts. My only supposition would be that those were offensive conflicts where we were the antagonist in foreign land but only wanted to appear to be the benevolent savior.

Were it to come down to homeland insurrection where the military would be on the defensive against home grown rebels the equation might change. Other than that I just don't know.

But none of that is relevant to the issue of this guy making the comparison, be it a valid comparison or not, he was not suggesting that a liberal nuclear battle against gun owners would even be considered.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I am always amazed folks assume the military will instantaneously default to turning on the citizenry should the government throw out the Constitution and institute tyranny.

Not me Lab and I doubt that this guy thinks that either and I don't know anyone who does. It was a brief and contracted comment on twitter and that's all. It was blown completely out of proportion

Edit to add I also do not believe that should Trump order it so that the military would jump to and turn on our fellow citizens either. For that I am grateful.
edit on 30America/ChicagoMon, 19 Nov 2018 15:00:40 -0600Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:00:40 -060018112018-11-19T15:00:40-06:00300000000 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yeah i see what your saying, how can one have the gall to say something like that. Nuking the country you live in
Isnt that like burning your house down because of a rodent problem?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Apparently not on either side because I remember the outrage when Trump asked a question about the use of nukes.

I guess though it's no big deal when a Democrat does it?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Swalwell seems to be out of the us v. them mentality. He figures we can just nuke 'em all and let whatever deity they pray to sort 'em out. He likely thinks that depopulation is a good idea too, so the ones who aren't gun owners can be hailed as martyrs to the green cause.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I don't know about most, but enough likely would.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You know it's funny, but this is the same disease the left has with the right.

If one goes, well we've all gone nuts.

Face it. We don't like collectivism because we don't want to be part of the Borg.

You guys don't like us because you need us to be part of your collectives. If we stay out, you can't realize what you believe to be Utopia. It's collective salvation - you can't be saved unless we're all saved, and much like the missionaries of old, you're going to save us whether or not we want to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There's seemingly no shortage of nutcases in government...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

There's already a thread on this clown and his nuclear statement, as was pointed out in the other thread it was likely meant as a point that citizens with their AR's are no match for the government and their arsenal of weaponry, if a rogue government wanted you dead they could do it and easily without a fight.

Greetings from the rice fields of Vietnam, and the mountains of Afghanistan.
edit on 19-11-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: MrPopularity

I didn't realize that, but real; fake it was said, that's the problem. That it was said at all. Poking a bear with an iron rod is never a good idea, which he knew would provoke and insult people.

Check the context of the exchange... the whole thing is shown in a series of screen-caps on Snopes

We just can't trust Snopes if we ever could but certainly not now.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Apples and oranges. This guy was using a symbolic comparison comparing nukes to shotguns. Trumps talk about nukes was to resume the cold war stockpiling of nukes by increasing our stockpile to ten times what it is now. This from the link you offered. I can see a bigi difference here, can you not?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join