It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Private Prisons Influencing Black Democratic Politicians ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think its very interesting that there is a group of Americans that are currently trying to get prison reform done.
And it is well documented that black people in America are disproportionally affected by this current prison system.
Rand Paul recently made an interesting statement he said if a white kid is doing drugs in the basement of his parents 500K suburban home he isn't going to get caught because police aren't really around there. But if a black kid is doing the same thing around a burning barrel in some back ally in Chicago the police have 99% higher chance on him getting busted. Same crime different result because of location and it isn't really fair.

These for profit jails have no desire for prison reform they are making money off peoples mistakes.

Why then did these black democrats all vote against prison reform:
I can only think of 2 reasons.
1)Because Trump will go for it and it will make him look good.
2)The for profit prisons are influencing them.

Kelly Paul and Jerad Kushner are both involved in getting this done too.

This topic should have bi-partisan support yet look what is happening, maybe Candice Owens is right.
Either way those Democratic black politicians should be ashamed of themselves for not trying to help.
At this point Kim Kardashin and Kayne West are doing more to help than these guys, what sad state that is.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's amazing what political religion and hate does. And it isn't coming from Trump.

Democrats are true garbage and this is why.
edit on 18 11 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Its anazing what political religion and hate does. And it isnt coming from Trump.

I blame a hole Republicans more than Democrats:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sadly, it's just another example that the biggest threat to black people continues to be other black people.

Which is why it's even more laughable when this new wave kkk narrative is continually pushed.

It's all basic control through false narrative.
edit on 18-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Politicians do want to actually DO ANYTHING.

Because if they did, they'd have fewer things to run against and justify their existence.

How could they complain about prison reform if Trump worked towards solving it?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Why then did these black democrats all vote against prison reform:
I can only think of 2 reasons.
1)Because Trump will go for it and it will make him look good.
2)The for profit prisons are influencing them.

Obviously, corruption.

I heard an interesting fact about American prisons: Although white and black people use drugs about the same amounts, a black person is 10 times more likely to go to jail for a drug offense than a white person.

We need to make marijuana legal to stop organized crime running the prison's from making so much profit!

edit on 18-11-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

☝️☝️☝️☝️

The Democrat Prison Coalition Exposed 💥🚬💥

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Fun facts about US prisons:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
There appears to be a disproportionate amount of young african american kids in prison. There appears to be a disproportionate amount of african american unemployment in the US. There appears to be an appropriate amount of hope and desire in african americans in general.
I believe and I can say this honestly, president Trump is the first US president in many years who is trying to address that. Seriously, people are getting jobs for god's sake.

edit on 18-11-2018 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

if a white kid is doing drugs in the basement of his parents 500K suburban home he isn't going to get caught because police aren't really around there. But if a black kid is doing the same thing around a burning barrel in some back ally in Chicago the police have 99% higher chance on him getting busted.

One is outside the other is inside. Yes. It is going to be a 99% higher chance of the outside person getting arrested regardless of color.

And you are correct about the fact that if Trump will be for something the anti Trumpers will be against it.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

The point is still kind of valid, the example wasn't the best.

The reason why has more to do with areas being policed heavier than others.

That's another thing many want to ignore. Policing isnt proactive, its reactive. The areas that are policed heavier is because of higher crime. It's a cultural problem that nobody wants to seriously discuss, cause racism.
edit on 18-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Many people plead guilty to crimes they do not commit everyday:

Organized crime is running the government. Shaking down the po people!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: projectvxn
Its anazing what political religion and hate does. And it isnt coming from Trump.

I blame a hole Republicans more than Democrats:

Oliver is a twat.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
There appears to be a disproportionate amount of young african american kids in prison. There appears to be a disproportionate amount of african american unemployment in the US. There appears to be an appropriate amount of hope and desire in african americans in general.
I believe and I can say this honestly, president Trump is the first US president in many years who is trying to address that. Seriously, people are getting jobs for god's sake.

Hard to change culture when you see your life at a very young age of making the fast buck and spending 1/2 your life in jail as a normal part of your existence while seeing 30 as old age...
edit on 18-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

If it is a cultural problem that would explain why the percentage difference between blacks and whites in prison is so great.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Hard to change culture when you see your life at a very young age of making the fast buck and spending 1/2 your life in jail as a norm part of your existence while seeing 30 as old age...

Even harder when its "your culture" where even successful role models who became actors and rappers lived the hardcore banger lifestyle.

It's so self destructive and counterintuitive its unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

a black person is 10 times more likely to go to jail for a drug offense than a white person.

Yes then all these democratic politicians should be against the equivalent of 21st century slavery of black people via the current prison system.
They don't seems to care because they have moved on status wise, they only care about power and winning.

How sad for that community.
edit on 18-11-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You need to look at this video - it's about the newly elected judges in 'Houston, where they have the highest amount of incarcerated blacks in the nation (total amount and per capita I believe) This video will blow your mind!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Even harder when its "your culture" where even successful role models who became actors and rappers lived the hardcore banger lifestyle.

Where true success is viewed as Uncle Toms..
edit on 18-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Where true success is viewed as Uncle Toms..

Apparently, I always thought personal success and perseverance was an American accomplishment.

In many areas its "being white" and ridiculed. That's a perfect example of the toxicity of "African american" culture in many areas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join