It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Fired in States for not getting thumbscan done for work.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy

Originally posted by skippytjc
I am actually not againt demanding a thumbscan. With all the office shooting and violence now days how can we afford not to be more secure? And a thumb scanner is a super secure way of making sure the right people are in the building.

And I need to point out: What is the guy hiding if he isnt willing to positivly ID himself to the company he has been working at for all those years? Mmmm...

Hiding?? Its a matter of personal privacy and freedom. If you came home one day and your family asked you for ID how would you feel?

How can we afford not to be more secure? Please, stop watching all that CNN, the US is a lot more frightening with their propaganda and molding their citizens.

This is absolutely ridiculous. "Freedom". Just what is freedom these days? WHen one has to thumbscan every door he/she walks into, perhaps retina scan for more secure places? Data on every American (soon to be world) so that the government can hold ridiculous things against anyone they please and to have officers harass citizens who are "out of line" ?

No thanks, that is not "Freedom". And despite what you are being told so amny times a day, you are not "free"...for long anyways.

First up, his place of employment is PRIVATE PROPERTY. The owner has the right to ID as they see fit.

Second: positively ID'ing somebody IS NOT A VIOLATION of any rights. Believe it or not. A thumb scan is just a more accurate way of doing it.

I will repeat: Always be suspicious of people who have an issue proving who they are. Always.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
well of course a thumbscan is more accurate, that doesn't mean that it is right. With the accuracy comes many cons. Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
no one has answered my question.

How is asking for ID from a thumb print ANY different than asking for a drivers license?

Is the NWO after you when the woman at the Pizza place asked to see your ID before she cashes your check?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

First up, his place of employment is PRIVATE PROPERTY. The owner has the right to ID as they see fit.

Second: positively ID'ing somebody IS NOT A VIOLATION of any rights. Believe it or not. A thumb scan is just a more accurate way of doing it.

I will repeat: Always be suspicious of people who have an issue proving who they are. Always.

Welll actually in this case it is a violation when the mans dismissal violated the EOE on the religion basis and also , there is another policy that unreasonable invasion of privacy or obtaining info that may be percieved a threat to identity or person may not be enforced in such a way that it deprives a person of employment , and in this case that is actually applicable this man worked there for over 10 to 15 years right if they thought they had enough info to keep him that long and further more made him management then the demand and subsequent firing of this man violates the unreasonable information part as well. It wasnt required before there for it was not reasonable before is the way I look at it personally

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
no one has answered my question.

How is asking for ID from a thumb print ANY different than asking for a drivers license?

Is the NWO after you when the woman at the Pizza place asked to see your ID before she cashes your check?

yes I did amuk

I said because a drivers license and thumb print are two differnt things you can chose not to get a license because a license is a privalage not a right or obligation a thumb print for employment is unreasonable because they know you have to have a job to eat and have a place to live therefore you are being force into providing the print which is a violation of EOE standards when it interferes with the employment of people who wish not give a print, its a religious reason in this case it could easily be a race issue next time if you let them get by with this religious objection violation then they will get away with the race thing next.

Or better yet the violation of age guidelines child labor is cheap and often abused you going to let that one get by , IM not but if they break one rule they will break others.

Man there goes my future hopes of getting praise for my posts again from mods but I really see a violation here sorry to have to disagree with you amuk

[edit on 25/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
I said because a drivers license and thumb print are two differnt things you can chose not to get a license because a license is a privalage not a right or obligation a thumb print for employment is unreasonable because they know you have to have a job to eat and have a place to live therefore you are being force into providing the print which is a violation of EOE standards when it interferes with the employment of people who wish not give a print, its a religious reason in this case it could easily be a race issue next time if you let them get by with this religious objection violation then they will get away with the race thing next.

Really? Try getting a job without a form of ID. Try getting one without a SS card.

Whats the difference?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Man there goes my future hopes of getting praise for my posts again from mods but I really see a violation here sorry to have to disagree with you amuk

What are you talking about?

A violation for disagreeing with me?????

or a violation for me disagreeing with you?

either way you have got to be kidding

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Really? Try getting a job without a form of ID. Try getting one without a SS card.

Whats the difference?

A social security card dont require a thumb print yet and some labor jobs only require that so jobs can be found , its all in where you look the last fast food place I worked for didnt even look at my ssc just asked me my number so jobs can be found with out a finger print but , thats not the point Im trying to make though.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

A violation for disagreeing with me?????

or a violation for me disagreeing with you?

either way you have got to be kidding

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Amuk]

a joke means dont bite the hand that feeds you ie mods.... would like my bar to atleast look orange before im fifty........hehehe

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

jobs can be found with out a finger print but , thats not the point Im trying to make though.

Then what is the point?

A private company asked for a form of Id that it required much like every other place in America.

When I had my Cabinet Shop I asked for a SS card and Drivers license before I hired a person. If I had have handled a lot of money (I wished) or needed a higher security than that I would not have hesatated to ask for a fingerprint.

Are you saying a privite company doesnt have a right to know who is working for them? Would you want your children being cared for someone who refused to ID themselves?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

a joke means dont bite the hand that feeds you ie mods.... would like my bar to atleast look orange before im fifty........hehehe

OK

you better hurry to bite this hand all my fingers are almost gone.....LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

OK

you better hurry to bite this hand all my fingers are almost gone.....LOL

sounds like me I cant keep from cutting mine off,, hey wait a minute why are you in favior of thumb prints anyway if you dont many fingure you dont have anything to worry about seems to me you knuckle head hehehehe (there I go again biting the hand im such a dummy) haha

at least I wasnt as bad as the person who saw you picture and said they liked the picture of you grandpa when it was you they where seeing supposedly

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murundi
I just love people trying to be funny about something so devistating.

Its a companies security measure, not the end of the world. Literally.

When you can only get food, water, or anything for that matter by scanning your thumbprint, thats when its all over.

That has not happened. It also has not happened that bar codes brought about the apocalypse. It also has not happened that being issued a social security number brought about the end of the world. Or people using credit cards.

But its comming right? Its imminent right? The end is near, right?

This is just the first account, Alex was just talking about a K-Mart near him that has nothing but the self service checkout counters, where you can only use debit, credit cards and thumbscans to buy your goods. NO CASH. NO CASHIERS.

I doubt that that is true.

drbryankkruta
The goverment is to shady to give them this much info and to allow them to track us

You do realize that you are getting paranoid over a situation that only exists as a hypothetical right? THe government is not collecting DNA from everyone, and collecting it from rapists certainly makes sense. The rapists obviously aren't too concerned with who has their DNA since they release it into their victims on purpose.

Are you saying that you would quit your job if they used thumbscanners rather than swipe cards for security? You will move out of your apartment if it replaces its doorman with a thumbscan lock, hypothetically of course?

Welll actually in this case it is a violation when the mans dismissal violated the EOE on the religion basis

In reality tho thats a situation for a court to determine. I strongly suspect that they will reject any claim that its a violation of the man's religion.

I said because a drivers license and thumb print are two differnt things you can chose not to get a license because a license is a privalage not a right or obligation a thumb print for employment is unreasonable

That arguement does not hold. The print is not required for all employement, its required for a single job. If they fired him for not wearing his company name tag, then it would be the same thing as this, iow, perfectly legal, regardless of his fear of being cast into some lake of fire.

Man there goes my future hopes of getting praise for my posts again from mods

What are you kidding? I think i insulted amuks heritage, culture and ancestry by making some unsavoury remarks about the confederacy, and I saw no reprisals for it. Hell the guy acted proper throughout and restrained himself even tho he was, undersandably, incensed. So this claim of yours is downright silly.

Hell, who cares if you don't get 'applause' anyway?

so jobs can be found with out a finger print but , thats not the point Im trying to make though.

Veerily, you should not make that point since it refutes your basic contention.

skippytjc
What is the guy hiding if he isnt willing to positivly ID himself to the company he has been working at for all those years?

He's probably not hiding anything, he's apparently a paranoid religious nut. Being afriad of vague things that can be interpreted as 'the mark of the beast' is not a religion, certainly not a recognized one. As far as I understand it, he has no basis for a discrimination claim, but of course I am not a lawyer.

Jiffy
WHen one has to thumbscan every door he/she walks into

These are not limitations of freedom. He is not forced to work at this office, and the office has the freedom to pick and choose how their employees gain access. A fingerprint is not a limitation of freedom, especially considering that background checks and the like are already allowed anyway. People leave their fingerprints all over the place too, they can't claim that having it matched in a door lock is some how intolerable.

With the accuracy comes many cons

So you agree that there is nothing inherently wrong with the thumblock correct? If its abused, and crimes are commited, then that shoudl be addressed, but the thumblock itself is not criminal then no?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh. the luxury of leaving a job because they want your thumbprint!
What religion is it that won't allow you to be fingerprinted? I can't think of any.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A driver's license may be a privilege, but it is also ID. It is an acceptable form of ID. No one who takes it to cash a check or whatever doesn't care if you even drive. A state ID card is issed also to those who cannot drive.
Driving is the privilage, not the license itself.

When my state told me I HAD to give them my SS number, I wasn't happy, but what are you gonna do? Huh? I think I would have preferred giving them my thumprint!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murundi
I just love people trying to be funny about something so devistating. When you can only get food, water, or anything for that matter by scanning your thumbprint, thats when its all over. This is just the first account, Alex was just talking about a K-Mart near him that has nothing but the self service checkout counters, where you can only use debit, credit cards and thumbscans to buy your goods. NO CASH. NO CASHIERS. how just wonderful. Just have to love this new freedom Americans are living under. I am so glad I am not in America.

You don't even live here? And you're complaining? Need a little more to do at home? Hmmmm ......

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It doesnt seem to be an issue of privacy to me more like just another example of Corporate America forcing its employees to jump through hoops for its amusement. This guy just refused to jump when ordered to, thats all. So his company fired him when he began exhibiting evidence of an independant thought process thats all. The fact that people here see nothing wrong with that is sad.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
It doesnt seem to be an issue of privacy to me more like just another example of Corporate America forcing its employees to jump through hoops for its amusement. This guy just refused to jump when ordered to, thats all. So his company fired him when he began exhibiting evidence of an independant thought process thats all. The fact that people here see nothing wrong with that is sad.

I can see it now.

Memo

To all employees.

Due to recent security problems, we have decided to implement new security procedures requiring the use of thumbprint identification.
However due to our willingness to allow everyone to think independantly this will be totally voluntary. We realize that some of you will opt not to participate and this will render the millions of dollars we put into the new system obsolete, but that is okay since you get to think for yourself still.

Since we have decide to allow these enormous holes in our security, we just ask that you are very careful with sensitive corporate data, since we all know that if it gets into the hands of our competitors , we will all be out of our jobs.

Have a lovely day,
Management

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I still don't get it... you leave your fingerprints probably thousands of different places everyday... Why NOT have them catalogued if you have nothing to hide? If you're suspected of anything it'd be ridiculously easy for a gov't agency to gain them if they needed to. I am not going to get prosecuted in a star chamber for speeding or unpaid parking tickets... probably not even if I killed or raped someone!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Skibum

Thanks for the chuckle and for putting this issue into proper perspective.

You have voted Skibum for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So your saying they're going to create a system with no back up in the case of malfunction?
Its just going to be a thumbscan with no other means of verification? No keypad or ID card reader?
What happens when the thumbplate malfunctions what are you going to do hang around for a few hours waiting for tech support to show up to fix the malfunctioning gadget?

Because thats what it is a gadget a "gee whiz this looks cool lets order it from the catalog and impress the boss" gadget. Its not going to make the workplace any safer or secure. Its not going to keep hackers out of your servers or stop corporate espionage (Odds are the guy planning on selling you out already has access to your data because he works there anyway) All its going to do is run up costs (maintenance and tech support) and decrease efficiency ( time wasted while waiting for techsupport to fix the gadget).

I dont agree with the man refusing to use the device. Frankly I think he was being silly and I would have used the device without issue myself. However I dont think a twelve year employee should be fired because of a whimsical change in corporate policy. I hate the pat answer of if you dont like it work someplace else because if you dont stand up against stupid policies like this sooner or later they get put in place everywhere. Where you going to work then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join