It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIBERALS - Need Your Help!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I agree the standards for airlines has dropped bigly since the 1950's. Back when people were thin and seating was large, now people are large and can't fit into a seat.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I agree with ya on every aspect.
But I try not to fly anymore.....they got this list that my stupidity for always wanting to troll landed me on.

Let’s just say they are VERY serious when they say to not say “bomb” when in flight.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

Well, yeah, people got larger, but the seats also got WAY smaller too!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That's what I meant

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm large.

So large that I had to use Google Earth for my drivers license photo.

Plus I like to fly nude and wax my privates when I fly. It takes the edge off when I can't possibly get any more intoxicated.

So I tend to fly first class just so I have room for my oxygen tanks and poking stick.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, truth be known; most of the travel I do anymore (which is a lot) is International and then I fly Business or First. So there's plenty of room and lots of storage, and the lavatories aren't tiny. And I do have the phat gold card expense account, and it does all get turned in as expenses. And I am a big guy (6'-4" and 265'ish), and no, I can't fit in those coach lavs, or their seats.

I actually wrote this OP for all the people who don't have this luxury. Because it sucks, it's not fair and I wouldn't do it myself...and I don't, just because of what I wrote in the OP. I refuse. And I when I did, I did complain. I'm just trying to get a groundswell of people to do the same.

People shouldn't be treated this way, especially when they pay good money for it. It's just wrong.

In the meantime, I'll drive instead.
edit on 11/18/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: I care

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
America has gotten fatter and fatter (a lot faster than seats got smaller). That too. I say just pay by weight. Cause all these huge people with their rolls spilling over into my seat and spreading their legs out into neighboring seats should be paying for the extra room they take up. Fair is fair. Besides, I have no interest in smelling the nasty junk that they bring on the plane either... that is just gonna make them bigger. Plus the sweating, plus the snoring, plus the mouth breathing, plus the trash falling down that they can't even reach down and pick up cause too much skin is in the way. Personal responsibility and all.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I would fly a lot until about 10 years ago. Swore off it completely. Don’t like the irradiation and grope at the terminal. And the seats are tiny and the fellow passengers are generally very rude.

So if I can’t get there via my pickup I just don’t go.

Even have about 100,000 miles on two different airlines but I’m not using them for flying.

Flying now a days is a joke.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just don't fly. Do you really need to be flying in the first place, is it a need or a want?

I don't need to fly anywhere if I do not WANT to.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

So because I was born tall, I should just pay more?

So because I worked hard and became muscular as a result, I should pay more?

I should pay more, to be more uncomortable?

Really?

I"m going to remember you!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Really?

I agree with Okrian completely

But only you should have to pay more! No one else.....ever.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
My wife and I travel long distances irregularly. We do Amtrak.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Really?

Born tall? You know that isn't what I'm talking about. And muscle doesn't spill over into other seats... unless you are a total jarhead.

Ha! Ok. Let's all remember each other. That sounds fun.

But ya, if you need to rent more space anywhere else, you pay more.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I believe in Capitalism and tipping if the Steward serving me my beverage was dressed like in the post above yours.

It may be sexist but provides for a great flight. My wife next to me would laugh at my old age
but keep a tight hand on my wallet. (LOL)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I like to tip as well. Always cash. At this point I don't think it matters whether or not we believe in capitalism. It is what it is and as economic systems go the others have lost the race and over throwing it is a lost cause. What we can do though is understand it better and learn how to make it more responsible to all of our needs.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

hahahaha - you would have guns pointed at you or tazer'd by marshalls. "endangering an aircraft" through "deliberate noxious fumes assault" on the air con system of the plane. Last time we flew its was a late model, still get a cricked neck going to the toilet and I'm only 5'8".

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

hmm...there really isn't much left to understand. We're currently living under a corporate fascist State. There is no level playing field. Taxation is used to enrich the Corporatocracy. The whole system is corrupt. Whats to understand?

Once the next depression hits it''ll take over 50 years for the Joe Average to recover.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

hmm...there really isn't much left to understand. We're currently living under a corporate fascist State. There is no level playing field. Taxation is used to enrich the Corporatocracy. The whole system is corrupt. Whats to understand?

Once the next depression hits it''ll take over 50 years for the Joe Average to recover.

Well there you go Construk. That's pretty much, no, not pretty much, that is the whole of the grim truth,.
I just have to have some hope, I'm one of those. And I guess that you are as well, maybe to a lesser degree if you can even consider that the average Joe will EVER recover.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I "pray" that it gets kicked down the road for a few more years till after I'm gone. It'd break my heart seeing the suffering inflicted on my children & their generation.

Yeah but I do have some hope and my wife keeps me grounded - oh did I mention we will be growing more of our own food...hahaha...We have to more self sufficient.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join