It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIBERALS - Need Your Help!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I can't believe I just wrote that title...but I'm actually serious. Very.

About now you're likely thinking I should have put a title like this in Mud Pit, but it's not a fight. It's not mud slinging, it's actually serious.

Okay, here's something I think we can all get around a true "bi-partisan" effort. Calling all democrats, all liberals, all ANTIFA, all independents, all conservatives, all republicans, all extremists (of whatever flavor you choose)...EVERY-ONE!

How many have flown on a plane lately, like very lately?

Was it comfortable, jammed in that middle seat which was 16" wide, with your knees jammed into the seat in front of you just 21" away (in the upright position), with two sweaty giants on either side of you? Could you even get your tray table down without contorting yourself?

How many have tried to use the lavatory on the new 737-Max and other next generation aircraft? Could you do it? I can't even fit inside one let alone turn around and close the door!

Did you enjoy having cram your laptop under the seat in front of you because there was no space left in the overhead bins? (taking up what little legroom you had left?

You know, sardines are packed in a sardine can pretty tightly, but modern fliers are packed in these new aircraft even tighter than that!

It's ridiculous! What's next? Standing up? (and I'm not just kidding either, someone has already come up with how they'll do it!)

Can we all agree to band together, people of all political persuasions, and rally together? Let's all team up and tell the airlines..."ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!"

Flying in the current age is now downright miserable. It's a miserable horrible experience!

Can we all agree to stand up to the airlines and tell them we're not going to take it anymore??

Now, I write this today, Sunday, four days before the single largest travel week in North America, Thanks Giving. Millions upon millions of people will fly to see their families and loved ones. Pay extra close attention to how uncomfortable of an experience it is...and then COMPLAIN! Write them a comment, tell them how awful your experience was! Let them know they made 4-5 hours of your day a completely awful experience and that you'll never fly on their airline again because of it. TELL THEM!! Maybe if enough people do this they'll start getting the message that we're sick of this!

And yes, it is a Conspiracy, a conspiracy to sacrifice even the most basic common sense comforts just to make one extra dollar...on everything!

Hey, if there's one thing we're all GOOD at it's complaining, right?

So let's do what we're best at!

I'll leave you with a article which explains a good deal of what is going on.

It's a Struggle

COMPLAIN WELL, COMPLAIN LOUD...and COMPLAIN OFTEN!!

Cheers, safe travels...and Happy Thanks Giving!

FCD
edit on 11/18/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
As a Green Party member, first I want to say I appreciate you reaching across the aisle, we need to do this more often because there are a lot of issues where we can all find common ground.

However, planes are so bad for the environment, I suggest let them fail. Be serious in your commitment to not be a sardine, and choose other forms of travel, like car trips (my favorite), the train, cruise ships, etc. Save flying for emergencies.
edit on 18-11-2018 by anotheramethyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I would bring back;
High prices
Smoking sections
Leg room
Big bathrooms

Lets DO THIS!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

I can support that.

If you can support TELLING them you're not going to be a sardine/2.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LET'S DO THIS!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Also....
Bring back groovy flight attendants.

before my time, but still.... : )

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Capitalism Disk. The bottom line of producing profit for share holders comes first.
The bottom line was NEVER benefit of the purchaser. That was and always will be secondary. The benefit to the purchaser is in ratio to the cost of production and the need to support shareholders desire for returns.

When, as in the case of air flight, the consumer comes in third in a three way race for importance. If scrimping and cutting is needed, guess who will pay. The consumer.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm one of those sweaty giants sitting next to people too!

I honestly feel sorry for people have to sit next to me! I'm not particularly fat, but my shoulders are 1.5x wider than the seat. I only wear a size 42 pant, but I can't fit my butt between the damn armrests even. These new 16" seats are just pure pain, and there's literally not enough room to stand up straight between the seats without grabbing the seat in front of you. You can barely even turn around!

And the lavs?? OMG! I seriously cannot fit inside one! I try not to ever get up to use one, but I swear; there's gonna' be a time and when that time comes...all HELL is going to break loose!! Because I'm gonna' drop my britches out in the aisle and let my bare ass hang out, open the door, back into the stall and just leave the door open for the whole world to see! I have no choice. I might as well try to climb into the overhead bin, it's about the same thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Flying ain't what it used to be.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I would bring back;
High prices
Smoking sections
Leg room
Big bathrooms

Lets DO THIS!

Though you may be joking here DC (and with you, who knows anymore) as I see it that is the only real solution to the problem. If people, the masses of people just get fed up with flying all the time, the airlines will need to consolidate their industry. OH, we see that already.

But from what I can see, they can only push so far. Making flight more comfortable and all the things you ask for is luxury. And that is how the industry began, for those rich enough to afford the luxury.

Airflight does not lend itself well at all to the cattle car nature of most capitalist ventures. So as more and more people begin to rebel against flying in these cattle cars, the industry will re-adjust to it's original clientele. Those who can afford to pay those much higher prices without wincing.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I like your idea disk...and that you are trying to bring us together..I haven't been on a plane in about 6 years and doesn't look like anytime in the near future...but if I do I will complain if I have really bad experience
edit on 18-11-2018 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm one of those sweaty giants sitting next to people too!

I honestly feel sorry for people have to sit next to me! I'm not particularly fat, but my shoulders are 1.5x wider than the seat. I only wear a size 42 pant, but I can't fit my butt between the damn armrests even. These new 16" seats are just pure pain, and there's literally not enough room to stand up straight between the seats without grabbing the seat in front of you. You can barely even turn around!

Geez louise. I wear size 34. If you're that fat, buy two seats or fly first class. Nobody said flying has to be "affordable." You can always be like Jack Reacher: Walk.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
31 inch seat throw????? You're in luxury man. In Europe the average seat throw is 28 inches. I'm 6.6 inches and I always have to pay extra for the "leg room" seats. The last time I travelled the narrow seats on Ryanair I had to have physiotherapy when I got home. I too dread having to use the toilets, with my size I'm doubled up.
The trouble is all the power is with the airlines and it's about time the governments intervened and forced them to provide certain standards. But that won't happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
31 in seat ... hahaha i couldent fit in that when i was 12

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk This bleeding heart liberal is with you 100%. Why pay several hundred dollars for misery on an airplane? Last time I flew abroad, KLM was luxurious and comfortable. Delta was miserable. If my destination is less than 18 hours away, I'd rather drive.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Get the airlines to guarantee that some arrogant, semi-brain-dead quasi-life-form with delusions of godhood won't grab a redneck by the gonads while simultaneously insulting him, and I might actually try a commercial flight. As it is right now, I don't even know what the inside of a commercial plane looks like; never had a morning where I woke up and thought "Today is a good day to have some idiot in a uniform pick a fight with me that I can't win."

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry, all I can suggest is to get a gig where they give you a sweet expense account and a gold card.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
HELL YES!

...and let's get CNN out of the concourses !!!

ARE YA WITH ME???....RAAARRRRAGH!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Honestly, I've no idea how a big dude could even physically fly on an commercial air plane.

I'm only like 5' 5" and weigh like 60 kilo, but still find it absolutely brutal to fly... you seriously feel like a sardine in a can.

Anyone taller or bigger than me who gets on a plane, must literally have rocks in the head... That's just been my thought process, every time I've ever flown on a commercial air plane.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You would love to fly with me, i can not speak, and the flight attendants are not sure if i am scared or dangerous (i am both)

Can`t say anything about the toilets, legs refuse to take me there,

There was a magazine in front of me, in the cover there was an Asian looking person, smiling, it was very helpful..

Always want to spot ufo`s, but not a chance i could stare out the window, just a quick glimpse is enough for me to know that

!!WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join