It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief look back at the blue wave mid-terms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I plan on doing a very in-depth analysis of the election once the results are finalized. However, I am going to give a sneak peek into that analysis today.

Senate Race

Many people here and in Republican circles pointed to the Senate as a sign that a blue wave didn't occur. However, what they don't tell you is that of the 35 seats that were up for election in 2018, 26 of them were already held by Democrats. As it stands today Democrats won 25 of the 35 Senate elections and the Republicans won 10. So in the Senate, the Democrats won 71% of the Senate races. Plus, the 9 seats that the Republicans were defending were mostly in Republican strongholds that Democrats had little chance of winning. Only one of those states were won by Clinton in 2016. Additionally, the Democrats were defending 10 seats in states that Trump won in 2016. So a total of 19 seats of the 35 were in Republican states and yet the Democrats still won 25 of those elections.

House Race

All 435 House seats were up for re-election in 2018. Going into the day the Republicans had 235 seats to the Democrats 193. As it stands today the Democrats have picked up 36 seats and still have a chance to get to 40 seats. So that means the new makeup of the House is Democrats 229, Republicans 199. Republicans did worse this year in 346 districts compared to how they did in 2016. That means Democrats performed better in 80% of all House races than they did in 2016.

As of today, Democrats won the overall popular vote with a margin of 58,537,334 to 50,076,157 or by 7.7%. That is the third best popular vote margin since 1992 behind Democrats in 2006 and 2008.

Also, all of this is even more impressive when you consider Trump had a good economy on his side.

Yes, It Was A Blue Wave. No, It Doesn’t Matter For 2020.
2016 National Popular Vote Tracker
2018 House Popular Vote Tracker

edit on 18-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well, they didn't cheat to lose...

Did we find anymore ballots today?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Who cares. Six in one half a dozen the other. Both parties have worked in tandem as a uni party in DC to serve the military industrial complex, central banks and big pharma.

So why does it even matter?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
“Once the results are finalized” ie as soon as the left is done rigging and suing their way into offices they don’t know what to do with... 🤨

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So dismiss any republican gains as republican strongholds so irrelevant but hold up everything that happened in Democrat strongholds as this is the way the real America thinks if the republicans and old people would just die already.

That is your idea of an in depth analysis...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There absolutely was a blue wave, to say otherwise... lol.

37 flipped seats in the House. Only +1 in Senate for Republicans, looks like, with Dems having twice as many seats up for re-election. 7 States flipped in Governor races.

Don't pay attention to what the alt-right says, they have to make themselves feel better or they'll flip out because the world is not the way ATS tells them it is. It's hard to accept being a minority in America. And that's even with heavily gerrymandered districts in their favor. Imagine if they weren't, imagine if it were fair game.

Actually, I do appreciate reading your work here, but I'm really starting to wonder... why keep trying? Why do the 5 or 6 left leaning posters keep posting here? It's ridiculed, posters are bashed and called names. You have to be 10 times more intelligent and work ten times harder for your work to be barely noticed compared to some opinionated drivel.

Just let them be. Let them hit rock bottom, and then there is only one way out.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Putting lipstick on the pig again I see.

I am assuming you are adding in your calculations the over 1,000 federal, state and local seats Democrats lost since 2010, as well as taking into account the shrinking of the Democratic base in the last 16 years.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany There absolutely was a blue wave, to say otherwise... lol. 37 flipped seats in the House. Only +1 in Senate for Republicans, looks like, with Dems having twice as many seats up for re-election. 7 States flipped in Governor races. Don't pay attention to what the alt-right says, they have to make themselves feel better or they'll flip out because the world is not the way ATS tells them it is. It's hard to accept being a minority in America. And that's even with heavily gerrymandered districts in their favor. Imagine if they weren't, imagine if it were fair game. Actually, I do appreciate reading your work here, but I'm really starting to wonder... why keep trying? Why do the 5 or 6 left leaning posters keep posting here? It's ridiculed, posters are bashed and called names. You have to be 10 times more intelligent and work ten times harder for your work to be barely noticed compared to some opinionated drivel. Just let them be. Let them hit rock bottom, and then there is only one way out.

The democrat party has already hit rock bottom on the morality scale. Now they are planning and researching new ways to descend even further into the hell they are creating. For them, there is no way out and they will not find it in the direction they are going.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I am assuming you are adding in your calculations the over 1,000 federal, state and local seats Democrats lost since 2010, as well as taking into account the shrinking of the Democratic base in the last 16 years.

See what I mean? Opinionated drivel. They have to make themselves feel better no matter what.

This one had to go back 16 years in order to not accept reality.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ah this is a good thing!
if the SHTF I can blame it on the Democrats. : )

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

See what I mean? Opinionated drivel. They have to make themselves feel better no matter what.

All I am pointing out is that the Democratic party, to get where they were but 10 years ago, is going to have to do it despite the economy.

Doing that with more and more alt-left candidates and a shrinking base.

You call it opinionated drivel.

I call it math.

Who is the delusional one again?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

All I am pointing out is that the Democratic party, to get where they were but 10 years ago, is going to have to do it despite the economy.

Doing that with more and more alt-left candidates and a shrinking base.

You call it opinionated drivel.

I call it math.

Who is the delusional one again?

Shrinking base... lol.

Who is the delusional one?

You, dear. You are.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany
If you limit yourself to just a 2 year window any "in depth" analysis is going to be horribly skewed.

He deserves to be mocked and you do as well for ignoring the simple fact the democrats in 2010 got taken behind the wood shed (an actual wave of support), this mid term was actually pretty standard if you look at the trends which takes a larger sample size than 2 years.

when you add in that the republicans have done pretty much NOTHING in these 2 years and all the gains democrats made were just a fairly standard mid term shift you should be asking what is wrong with the democrats.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
He deserves to be mocked and you do as well...

Thank you for illustrating my point. I'm just saying we should leave you alt-right guys, and a couple of gals, to your alt-right forum. You've created a nest here that you all enjoy, your voices echo just the way you want them to. I feel like we're just ruining a good thing here, bringing reason into the convo.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I want the democrats to be a good party that actually represents the American people again, not this identity politics sewage spewing abortion of a party its become.

If they had taken control of both the house and the senate it would be a blue wave, this is business as usual with congress nothing more.

ETA: the longer the DNC refuses to look at itself and ask how have we reached a point where the big cities are pretty much the only place that votes for us but the rest of the country votes republican en mass. leaves the nation having to choose between chicken snit and the white spec on top of chicken snit.

edit on 18-11-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As long as trump indites hillary, like he promised during his campaign...it's all good for the GOP. And kissing up to Pelosi...winning!!

oh wait...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As long as trump indites hillary, like he promised during his campaign...it's all good for the GOP. And kissing up to Pelosi...winning!!

oh wait...

It's looking that way. She has to answer questions and plus, Comey and Lynch are going to be questioned.

So yeah, promises take time.

No, not kissing up to Pelosi, he knows she is easy and we all know she'll roll over. Helping her helps him in a Dim controlled house. You're a fool to think otherwise, though I don't expect you to think beyond your own echo chamber 😌

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Time will tell, no?

Until then, please remember... I don't really care what you think about the subject, because your hopes and dreams don't effect this thing called reality.

But whatever lets you get through your day, I guess...

On that note, you make sure to clean up that bubble you live in, star the few people on ATS that think like you do and have a happy day!

edit on 18-11-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This mid-term was strife with voter fraud and served as a testbed for 2020.

All Repubs who lost their leads all resulted one week later. This cannot be and before you scream mail in, blame the post offices 😌 either or, I suspect legislation to pass that'll set a hard date, even at the cost of repub votes.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Just post a meme. The OP won't be able to decipher it if you catch my drift.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join