It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian "Herbivore" Men in Japan and China, 70% of the male population

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalsek
a reply to: subfab
It is ok to date absolutely, we are men and need sex. Marrying on the other wnd or entering a relationship under the same roof is pure insanity atm given the current female imperative.

Everything to lose and nothing to gain

no argument with you here.
i experienced this first hand. it was a devastating experience. one that i hope to never experience again.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

No need for wives, they have holograms!
www.mirror.co.uk...

Japanese man spends £14,000 to marry a hologram in bizarre ceremony

For many years, if not centuries Asian countries have been completely a Misogynistic society. In the past women just put up with it because to put it quite plainly, they could not survive without men or the money they made. Well, well well, times a' changin. Women now can now easily make a life for themselves, so no need to put up with a lot of the crap. Of course i'm using generalization, so simmer down I know it's not everybody!

In many Asian countries if you marry a man you are basically signing up to be a slave to his parents too. It just the social norms there. No thanks! It's not just the men, a lot of women just don't want to get married.

In additional to social issues, population is dropping in most developed nations, while it is skyrocketing in undeveloped nations. I basically don't see it as a problem, because for everyone that isn't pro-creating, there are three others doing ten times the job.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalsek

This.

After 26ish a woman is on her way out to pasture if she ain't married. That's how it works and has worked in China for many 1000s of years.

I met my wife when I was 41 and she 35. I was single by choice on/off for the 6 years in China before that. And even then I could score almost at will.

Plenty of action for motivated dudes.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've read it's 60% of women as well so something is seriously wrong in Japan and in many western nations but especially Japan

our social structures are actually totally collapsing in many countries including the USA

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

The Uk is the same , if you are not married by 20 you are treated like a freak by older people

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

The Uk is the same , if you are not married by 20 you are treated like a freak by older people

By 20!!!!! In the US if you are married at that age, everyone will say you are making a big mistake!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

By 20!!!!! In the US if you are married at that age, everyone will say you are making a big mistake!

When i was young in the north of Scotland if you were not married or in a regular relationship by 20 , the older folk looked down on you and thought there was something wrong with you and said so

Now young girls churn out kids in 1 parent families and the kids are just a status symbol like a handbag to them but we have a way to go to catch up with some , as this old dyslexic would hate to read the phone book here in 20 years

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

< snorts >

I got married at 21, and everyone chastised me for making a poor choice marrying that young, and to someone older by a decade+. Marrying young in the US is seen as a fool's move in most places, unless you're marrying into money. Gold diggers are looked at objectively as garbage, but people still have no problem supporting immediate family chasing wealthy folks around. It's pretty messed up, IMO.

There are exceptions to that one about marrying young, such as where I live now in MI. If you don't get married right out of high school, they look at you funny. I got looked at funny for "waiting so long". There's a cultural influence here from the Dutch, Germans, Polish, etc lineages that they still cling to regarding marrying young.

We're doing fine 12 years later either way. Society be damned, they don't know best, nor everything.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yip i have figured out before that age was just a number
been at toyboy for 4 years and had girlfriends younger

Many people forget the biblical story of Mary in the bible she being 12 and Joseph at 60 !

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Many people forget the biblical story of Mary in the bible she being 12 and Joseph at 60 !

So that's why priests like them young...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Maybe if the cost of living wasnt so damn high more people would have kids. Lower the cost of living.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I agree with you

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

i can see that as well. And the waking up to it is one thing. Developing an ability to realize free will is an even greater challenge.
Me, I don't think we were ''given'' free will but rather that is the prize of existence. We need to develop it ourselves, for ourselves. It ain't easy but that is how I see it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I've read about this being an issue in Japan for a while now. They don't have a problem with men acting out, but most men simply aren't interested in the whole family thing.

Their government is very concerned about this, their population demographics are looking very bad, and they're only going to get worse as they age and there starts to be more older folks who are retired and not working, with only a few working people to support them.

There's been a lot of reasons thrown around, but I think the most likely one is economic. Japans economy has essentially flatlined for 2 decades now, and their work culture is toxic. The current younger generation, which has unprecedented access to information has decided that that's just not what they want for themselves.

Worth pointing out, while Japan is one of the worst for this as far as demographics go, all western nations have seen a decline in birth rates, such a decline in fact that the only way any developed nations are continuing to increase their populations is through immigration.

The exact reasons why seem to vary from nation to nation, but it's a trend that all have in common.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
That's no longer the case in the US, and there's a reason why people are getting frustrated.

Japan's take on that is nothing is ever good enough, therefore, KEEP SLAVING, WORTHLESS SLAVE. That's why they're stagnating. This is the mentality we're adopting stateside, and it's not going to bode well for us in the long-term.

It's definitely getting worse in the US. Work asks me frequently to put in unpaid overtime. My boss and his boss do it too, it's simply expected that they work 16 hours a day 7 days a week, but only get paid for an 8x5. For the good of the company.

Japan makes that look like childs play. In Japan, if you're a subordinate to someone, you never leave the office before they do, under any circumstances. You also arrive first. You put your company before everything. You take zero vacation, you don't take days off. Your employer is your family.

The one big, big, big difference between Japan and the US though, is that companies in Japan are actually loyal to their employees, they recriprocate on that relationship. In the US, if you work yourself sick, your company will fire you (and you'll lose your health care as a result) because it's easier to replace you than wait for you to come back. In the US, it's all parties for themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I don't think your 50% is quite accurate. You do realize now that both husband and wife HAVE to work to make ends meet. And yet at the end of the month after all bills are paid, they may have only saved one dollar even if that in the bank.

No they don't. Work a better job.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Sounds like Japan might want to start importing middle east and north Africa migrants.

One one side you have men not wanting to engage in sex, then on the other you need to teach them that groping women is wrong. Rape is bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Japan is far too xenophobic to ever consider immigration.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Artificial insemination ? The future is pretty bleak either ways in terms of the old nuclear family standard.
edit on 19-11-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Bloodworth

Japan is far too xenophobic to ever consider immigration.

Xenophobic or highly intelligent?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join