It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something happening in Haiti...NSFW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Tony Rodham’s involvement with the mine, which has become a source of controversy in Haiti because of concern about potential environmental damage and the belief that the project will primarily benefit foreign investors, was first revealed in publicity about an upcoming book on the Clintons by author Peter Schweiza reply to: jadedANDcynical

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Watch the documentary, Poverty, Inc for more about what the Haitians think of the Clintons.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: seeker1963
I often wonder what the heck is so special about Haiti that the financial powers of France and USA need to keep their nation in squalor? I mean for what, to bleed a handful of billion or maybe hundreds of millions from their impoverished society?

They generate that in mere seconds from the global electronic transaction fees of which the equivalent of 2.5 quadrillion is exchanged annually generating trillions of dollars in fees. SO wtf do they need keep raping Haiti for??? I just don't get it.

Haiti sure did draw the short straw when it came to things, didn't it?

Just when you think things can't get any bleaker for the them, they manage to dig their graves just a little bit deeper. Yes, I understand it's not all their fault and many other people and nations have screwed them.

It would be nice for them to catch a good break, just once.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Amid these Twitter posts are also claims of billionaires homes being destroyed or ransacked along with massive civil unrest.

see look, when you think you live on an island eventually your chickens come home to roost. hopefully American's who continue to ignore the plight of over half of the country see that even if they think they are on an island and untouchable that eventually they will realize they can't do it on their own

if you live in Haiti you are already in the apocalypse

It goes deeper than that even though you are correct in context.

Haiti has been in a disastrous state ever since the earthquake that wrecked the countries infrastructure caused a governmental and social collapse.

Many Countries donated and contributed to its relief fund, but most of that money was pocketed by corrupt foundations such as the HILLARY Foundation...

See as far as donations go a charity only has to meet the max percentage of usage in those funds to meet criteria as legitimately operating... that max is 30% of the donated amount, the rest being allocated to paying the salaries of its employees.

how do you think Chelsea Clintons Millions of Dollars a Year Salary is funded? by that 70% of donation money...

THe reason they burned the Clinton Buildings there is one you would have to research as that DID HAPPEN FOR A REASON... since Haiti has a HUGE gold MINE, during relief efforts and while HRC was Secretary of State she appointed her own Family member Tony Rodham to a key influencing position over its HIGHEST VALUED RESOURCE using the CLINTON GLOBAL INITIATIVE -an offshoot org of the Clinton Foundation.

Clinton Global Initiative — an offshoot of the Clinton Foundation that critics have long alleged invites a blurring of its charitable mission with the business interests of Bill and Hillary Clinton and their corporate donors.

Rodham said he has not been involved in any other deals through connections made at CGI. He said that he has never spoken to his sister or her husband about the Haiti project and that he does not think VCS chief executive and president Angelo Viard, a Democratic donor, approached him because of his family ties. Rodham declined to say who introduced him to Viard; Viard said he could not ­remember.

on that last quote its interesting that both refused or denied obtusely any connection yet either claimed memory loss or refused altogether to name who did hook them up.

the book "Clinton Cash" describes in detail how this deal was unprecedented as no one in 50 years has secured such a deal

this SOURCE describes exactly why Representatives and groups in Haiti suffering there are pissed off.

Clinton's brother, Tony Rodham, was a board member of a North Carolina mining company that enjoyed prime access to Haitian gold deposits in the wake of post-earthquake relief work organized in part by former president Bill Clinton through the Clinton Foundation.

Another board member of the firm, VCS Mining, was former Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive, who co-chaired the charitable Interim Haiti Recovery Commission with Mr. Clinton.

Clinton's brother, Tony Rodham, was a board member of a North Carolina mining company that enjoyed prime access to Haitian gold deposits in the wake of post-earthquake relief work organized in part by former president Bill Clinton through the Clinton Foundation.

Another board member of the firm, VCS Mining, was former Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive, who co-chaired the charitable Interim Haiti Recovery Commission with Mr. Clinton.
The revelation, smacking of cronyism and back-room government dealing,insider trading' habits of members of Congress caused national outrage in 2011 even though the practice was legal.

During relief efforts the MAIN WATER SUPPLY for those living wth broken INFRASTRUCTURE was Contaminated due to United Nations Relief Groups by dumping their waste into the water which has caused a MASSIVE CHOLERA EPIDEMIC.

In recent years, cholera has afflicted at least 770,000 Haitians and claimed over 9,200 lives. The Haitian epidemic alone resulted in an 85 percent increase in the number of cholera cases worldwide. The UN has not explicitly said it caused the cholera outbreak; however, the Secretary-General's office says peacekeepers who arrived in Haiti after the earthquake may have helped trigger the epidemic.

they blamed it on the Nepal group but they werent the only ones involved with dumping their waste into their river

Cholera spreads through drinking water or food contaminated by the bacterium Vibrio cholerae; large epidemics often stem from water supplies contaminated by fecal matter. The Haitian outbreak is believed to have started near a UN camp hosting peacekeepers from Nepal who were in Haiti for relief efforts. Situated alongside the Meille River, the camp discharged its waste directly into the river. At the time, Nepal was suffering a cholera outbreak, and the peacekeepers are suspected to have transmitted the disease through their waste. The river was a primary source of water for thousands of people, and lacking sanitation options, the water may have been consumed without proper treatment.

also sourced this about corruption and US backing UN Impunity with Justice for the negligence of the many groups responsible.

you should visit source to get a transcript of the Attorney interview who represents the Claimants for the severe consequences to their Illegal Dumping.

UN Waste Dumping in Haiti and US Support of Impunity A leaked UN report shows that a month after the cholera epidemic erupted in Haiti, the UN was told about unsanitary practices across its bases: Over 10% of bases were dumping sewage into the local environment and 70% were dumping gray water (shower and kitchen water) that could also cause infections. Despite this strong evidence that peacekeepers brought cholera to Haiti, the UN continued denying it and to this day, has never formally acknowledged its culpability. Our case against the UN for failing to provide the cholera victims access to justice is currently in the appeals process, with US government attorneys arguing the UN’s case in court. As the largest contributor to the UN, the US government could do so much to push the UN on justice and accountability. Instead, it is supporting UN impunity.

During the failure of relief efforts and the subsequent giving up by the world and the UN to further do anything useful other than install a Puppet Regime by a Clinton and Obama backed Dictatorship

and dont get me started on the Armed rape gangs against the innocent

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: seeker1963
I often wonder what the heck is so special about Haiti that the financial powers of France and USA need to keep their nation in squalor? I mean for what, to bleed a handful of billion or maybe hundreds of millions from their impoverished society?

you want Motive?

Have you ever heard of the Golden Rule?

Also see my above post in this page for more in depth explanation. . they have a Large and mostly Untapped gold MINE

Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and its economy contracted by more than 5% following the devastating 2010 earthquake. However, there is an estimated potential worth of $20 billion in precious metals, including gold, located in the North of the country

The people are fighting and attempting an Uprising because the puppet regime installed after 2010 by the U.S. has exploited them horrifically.

They deserve our support in their fight for Liberty and Justice not only to remove the false ones ruling them but so they can prosper
edit on 20-11-2018 by ConspiracyofRavens because: (no reason given)

under their Puppet President whos biggest accomplishment when elected was having a popular music video the Rape Gangs have moved throughout the country unopposed and Unstoppable

Most survivors do not hav access or possession of firearms, while these gangs and Regime Backed Military move around shooting anyone who gets between them and their next conquest of not just Women, but Children.

"Now she doesn't eat, she has no appetite," Lajeunesse said, wiping tears as the girl stared ahead vacantly. "Each night you hear the cries of the rapes, almost every night." When dark settles over the camp, women dare not venture to the toilets alone, using small buckets instead.

But apparently feminists groups worldwide turn a blind eye to this because you know, Hating conservatives and American males is so much more important apparently....
edit on 20-11-2018 by ConspiracyofRavens because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2018 by ConspiracyofRavens because: better context

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ConspiracyofRavens

ohhh I did not know about the gold. Yea, well that would explain it. Gold mines are a very legit reason the IMF would continue to rape Haiti. Make sense now.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world
where CNN would put 10% of its anti-Trump coverage resources on something like this

or if Sixty Minutes did a story on this

even Reuters doesn't seem interested.

how bout a single NY Times or Wa Post reporter working on this? no?
journalism today is horrible.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

WaPo is busy making sure it's described as a, "protest:"

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — Haiti faced a third day of protests and violence on Tuesday as anger grew over allegations of government corruption.

An Associated Press journalist saw a man who had been fatally shot in the head near the National Palace. It wasn’t clear who shot him.

Schools, businesses and government offices remained closed while scattered protests were reported across the country.

Haiti hit with more violence amid third day of protests - WaPo

Meanwhile, elsewhere:

The Bahamas government Tuesday said that its embassy in Haiti would remain closed “until further notice” as it joined other countries in shutting down their diplomatic buildings as unrest continues in the French-speaking Caribbean Community (CARICOM) country.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the decision to close down the embassy followed consultations with the country’s ambassador to security personnel in Haiti.

“Due to continuing unrest in Haiti, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to advise members of the public that the Embassy of The Bahamas in Port au Prince will be closed until further notice,” the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said, adding that “security directives have been issued by the United Nations (UN) Mission in Haiti – MINUJUSTH, implementing a curfew from 2200 hours to 0500 hours until further notice.

Bahamas closes embassy in Haiti as unrest continues in French speaking country - Antigua Observer

This gives us a better insight as well as much more of a feeling that things are a little more dangerous than would be implied if it were merely, "protests," that were taking place.

Oh, btw:

Canada has also closed its embassy as a result of the situation.

If we were to merely read the Washington Post's story, we would not think there was much happening in the way of civil unrest.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Not to play the devil's advocate, but....

Just thinking back, wasn't there a big issue about lack of media coverage on the Haiti earthquake? I seem to recall there was, and that was the reason Klinton Inc. got involved in Haiti to begin with.

**can't believe I'm typing this, but chalk one up to objectivity**

I say this because, back in the early 80's my father traveled to Haiti on a business venture. I distinctly remember him describing his trip there saying it was the S# hole of S# hole's and the corruption was absolutely unbelievable. He talked about how the poverty and treatment of the people was sub-human. Now, this was during the Duvalier rule (his son actually).

He had gone to Haiti on a humanitarian mission of sorts to investigate the possibilities of building a packing crate factory. At the time, Haiti still had a viable agricultural export crop (bananas, etc.), but no way to ship their products because they allegedly had no means to import materials for packing and shipping their exports. They product they were looking to provide Haiti a means to produce what was called OSSB (Oriented Structural Straw Board, a derivative of the OSB used in construction we know today which is made with wood).

The mission ultimately failed because all the government officials wanted to know was how much money was in it for them. They blocked every effort until they could skim 75-80% right off the top, and weren't even afraid to be completely open about it. They were absolutely oblivious to the plight of their people, only interested in their own enrichment.

So what does all this have to do with media coverage now? Well, when he traveled there they had to travel into Haiti from the Dominican Republic. In order to even get inside Haiti they had to pay huge sums of bribe money to even get visas (again to the corruption), and even then had to wait weeks to get approval. He told me he worried at the time that if anything ever happened to them no one would ever know because the country was almost completely devoid of outside world media coverage.
edit on 11/21/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
great post disk
I feel like copying it and sending it to a bunch of MSM outlets

oh look, ABC did a story

abcnews.go.com...

Police spokesman Gary Derosier told the AP that the officer was riding in a motorcycle taxi that was stopped at a roadblock run by a street gang, who fatally shot him and burned his body in an alley.

Schools were closed and most other activities around the country were stopped Monday, a day after six died in clashes between protesters and police.

Demonstrators were calling for the president to resign for not investigating allegations of corruption in the previous government over a Venezuelan subsidized energy program, Petrocaribe.

SO thankful to live in the USA

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
2 Of my nephews were in the US Army down there after the earthquake. Tried to help but the government insisted their army was first. After a few months they were pulled out. Left the food tents and kitchen stuff behind with food and everything. As they were leaving one end all the stuff was stolen and hauled out the other. They people trained to cook and feed just ran for their lives.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Very disturbing to read those comments on twitter. These people (and others I presume) are working themselves up into a frenzy blaming this on the Clintons. Will these asinine conspiracy theories never end?

It serves nothing except to spread lies and hatred, which is miserably displaced and dangerous.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Very disturbing to read those comments on twitter. These people (and others I presume) are working themselves up into a frenzy blaming this on the Clintons. Will these asinine conspiracy theories never end?

It serves nothing except to spread lies and hatred, which is miserably displaced and dangerous.

OK, you obviously know nothing about this subject. After the big earthquake, the Clinton Foundation was made the primary conduit for Haitian relief funds. They embezzled part of it, and gave the rest to corrupt Haitian officials who also embezzled the funds. Almost nothing actually reached the people in need.

Haiti is also one of the worst-hit countries for child trafficking. Many kids have been sent oversees without the permission of their parents. Even supposedly-reputable charities have been caught doing this.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
Wow! Did I not say just that very thing as a possible explanation as to why and who those soldiers could have been firing at? For this very kind of behavior that I could post videos right now of these types of crimes in Haiti and Dominican Republic as well?
a reply to: angeldoll
ROFL, the country barely has its own functioning press institutions, and you somehow believe they are being peddled conspiracy theories to? No, they know first hand by experiencing it, and point out the culprits involved.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

As someone in history said; those who have no interest in politics will always be ruled by those who have.

And those whose only interest in politics is learning enough from it in order to effectively live without it, will never be ruled by those who rule over the uneducated.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

ROFL

I suggest you get up off the floor. It's chilly this morning. You might catch a cold.
Happy thanksgiving.

ps: Knowing, and "knowing" can sometimes be two different things. Like you're sure you Know, then you think you "know", then you're taken aback by certain events and facts, and then it turns out you neither know nor "know" what you think you knew. It's a trap.
edit on 11/22/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: angeldoll

OK, you obviously know nothing about this subject. After the big earthquake, the Clinton Foundation was made the primary conduit for Haitian relief funds. They embezzled part of it, and gave the rest to corrupt Haitian officials who also embezzled the funds. Almost nothing actually reached the people in need.

Haiti is also one of the worst-hit countries for child trafficking. Many kids have been sent oversees without the permission of their parents. Even supposedly-reputable charities have been caught doing this.

Wow.

I will refer you back to my post to which you responded. It stands confirmed.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
Clearly you know better than the Haitians themselves who have suffered and endured the systematic corruption. Good for you. Send them a video to let them know you have corrected the record and to not believe in the conspiracy theories being spread by... Well them I guess ....
edit on 11-22-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
From the AP @ Yahoo News:

Port-au-Prince (AFP) - A general strike shut down most of Haiti Wednesday as tension and uncertainty gripped the Caribbean country following deadly protests over the weekend and the president's unexplained absence from public.

Moise has said nothing since Sunday's protests.

He was supposed to speak to the nation Tuesday in a televised address but it was dropped several hours after being announced, with no explanation given.

"We had technical failures," Emmanuel Jean-Francois, an advisor to the president, said Wednesday after being reached by telephone.

"We are taking all measures to broadcast it this morning," he added, declining to give a time or say what it would be about.

So the Haitian president has been incommunicado for more than half the week while his country undergoes rampant chaos.

The protests were part of a sporadic movement that began during the summer over a scandal at the heart of a Venezuelan aid program known as Petrocaribe.

Through Petrocaribe, Venezuela for years supplied Haiti and other Caribbean and Central American countries with oil at cut-rate prices and on easy credit terms.

But investigations by the Haitian Senate in 2016 and 2017 concluded that nearly $2 billion from the program were misused.

A dozen of Haiti's former cabinet ministers -- all members of the current ruling party -- have been implicated but no legal proceedings have followed, sparking public anger.

Moise is seen as blocking any court action over the scandal.

Haiti gripped by tension as president stays out of sight

The people of Haiti have no redress for grievances and their officials are not responding to the needs of their people.

Going back a bit further to when president Moise was elected, we see the following:

PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - President-elect Jovenel Moise has pledged to stamp out corruption and strengthen Haiti’s legal institutions, but even before taking office on Feb. 7, he faces a government allegation of money laundering.
The Central Unit of Financial Intelligence (UCREF), a government institution, concluded in a report there were indications Moise had laundered money through a personal account he held with his wife.
UCREF received its first tip against Moise in 2013, under the Martelly presidency. The information in the report came directly from Haiti’s financial institutions, UCREF’s head Sonel Jean-Francois told journalists.

The case resurfaced in January after police arrested Moise ally and senator-elect Guy Philippe, who was extradited to the United States to face charges of money laundering and drug trafficking.
The leaked report said there had been more than $5 million in suspicious transfers made through a personal account at the National Credit Bank between January 2012 and April 2013.

Haiti's president-elect hit with money laundering allegation

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

originally posted by: Azureblue

As someone in history said; those who have no interest in politics will always be ruled by those who have.

And those whose only interest in politics is learning enough from it in order to effectively live without it, will never be ruled by those who rule over the uneducated.

Sounds like a good observation to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join