It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fires - act of terrorism or war? Fires set by insurgent agents from other countries or entities?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
REREAD the title again with punctuation

I don't think I've seen this discussed but in the past wars there have been many times when fire was used in wars as a means of burning cities (Dresden and Tokyo come to mind). While setting fire to American cities might be a little more difficult than setting fire to the country side, burning the country side is certainly a way to terrorize the populace and create death, destruction and panic.

There are many ways this can be done. A car, truck, van, RV, etc driving through back roads could launch incendiaries from the vehicle as they drive along - programmed to ignite at a certain time or immediately.

Think about the machines that launch baseball's or tennis balls or the machine that throws/launches clay pigeons. Incendiary materials can be heated, melted and poured into shape and formed/molded into the proper shape with the ignition mechanism embedded. Aircrafts could be used as well, helicopters, airplanes or drones - to drop these in areas not reachable by the roads.

While I don't like to think this is even a possibility something like this would explain how the fire can jump a mile from the front of the fire in seconds especially when the entire area goes up as fast as what has been reported. People keep saying "falling embers" and sure, that can contribute, but that has never happened as it has in the fires in the past 2-3 years in Cali - and global warming is not the cause - which is a ridiculous assumption to even make. There have been hotter and dryer periods in Cali and other states in decades/centuries past for longer periods of time, creating an even dryer tinderbox. A 1 degree warming doesn't even begin to explain what we are seeing and saying the two are related is insulting to anyone you speak to. Why have we never seen this type of fire in the past when there were worse heat waves and droughts (like southern Cali, AZ, Texas, etc) and we never saw this magic jump of fire, nore these spectacularly burnt houses.

The treat of starting fires like this by people inside our country working for enemy nations or entities like drug cartels is something that should be considered on top of the other explanations for the fires. IDK the likelyhood of these being the actual reasons for the fires, it is a means I could see being used in varying manners either in the past, present or future, and again, we need to admit that the behavior of most/all the Cali fires of the past 2-3 years have been extremely unusual (AND GW DOESN'T ACCOUNT FOR IT!!!) and all possible reasons should be examined.

edit on 11 18 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm seeing lot's of talk about this sort of thing from multiple channels. (Non msm) Could the "caravan" thing be related? The 15k troops being sent to the border with TANKS? (Those aren't used on "migrants"). Hearing
about thousands of "red star" tanks that have been and are being manufactured in Mexico. China making deals with Mexico, and Russia doing the same. Maybe NK as well.

Maybe bs. But it's being talked about for sure. S&F. Personally it's all a bit strange.
edit on 18-11-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Maybe bs. But it's being talked about for sure. S&F. Personally it's all a bit strange.

Is there anything that hasn't been a bit strange these days? I'm convinced if things ever do go back to (somewhat) normal people will look back on this period (say from 2000 to whenever this stops) as some kind of bizarre chapter where everyone basically went crazy, lots of weird things happened and no one has any idea why.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Everyone thinks the times they live in are the most important, strange, hardest...whatever. Really, what we experience IS the new ‘normal’.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
the red coats are coming. ok everyone settle down. run...the red coats are coming

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Everyone thinks the times they live in are the most important, strange, hardest...whatever. Really, what we experience IS the new ‘normal’.

I agree to a point. But then again there's never been over 7 billion people on this planet at once. (So we've been told). But I digress.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Oh no. I'm old enough to have been through what used to be strange. These past 20 years or so have been off the charts strange. But it has gotten much worse over the past few years especially.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
I don´t think russia is planing to attack the US with tanks from mexico... but strategically, the following is actually not a stupid idea.

Let the neighbor country manufacture your tanks and other equipment so you already have them in place. No need to ship, no time-delay, less suspicious movement... I´m sure the military and other agencies have that situation in their scopes, but it eliminates the vulnerable shipping through international waters.

edit on 18-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I'm not saying I buy the whole theory either. In any case, I have complete confidence in the U.S military in that type of situation. I'm just saying that people are talking about it as a real possibility.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

If you are from the US and you actually do what to find the truth of these fires, i'd suggest you not discount parts of your own govt.

A year or so when ever it was, ago, there were fires in california that did not make sense.

people of served green beams coming down from the air and trees burnt in temperatures that did not make sense. The middle of green trees were burning ferociously and they had holes in them were you could see the inside of the tree could been burning like it was tinder.

Every house bounded by a set of streets was nothing but a pile of stones and bricks on the ground.

Someone later overlaid a plastic sheet showing these same streets but the source of that plastic overlay was from a local Agenda 21 organisation.

People from the local agenda 21 organisaton were parked in nearby streets waiting for the home owners to return to see the damage. As the home owners drove up, these people got out of their cars and gave them home sales contracts to sign.

check it out you owe it your self

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I know you were not saying that and I´m also confident that the U.S military has such scenarios on their watch. They might even do the same thing, somewhere, right now..

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

No,
We have all kinds of tanks, APCs, jets, helicopters and everything else floating around on ships and barges waiting to be sent wherever needed. In addition to tons of stuff stashed in caves in Norway. And that's not counting 3 Marine Expeditionary Units floating around at all times ready for something to happen. No need to build stuff in say poland for an attack on Russia.

While it's possible I guess, for someone to build an army of tanks and whatnot in Mexico, they wouldn't have the logistics chain in place to sustain it.

Sounds like a cool idea on the surface, but if you dig into it, it's just not feasible.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I’d love to see some verifiable sources for this tall tale.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

the difference in this times: the internet.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Bat Bombs!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

In my opinion, that stuff is a distraction for something else. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Holy crap. I agree with you about something. I think it's certainly possible these fires were deliberately set... They cause massive damage to property, economy, life peace of mind.

I can't imagine how extremely terrifying the situation must be to any Californian.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I posted a thread last week with the theory of it being china to set the stages for an invasion because if they just invaded without first purging the flamables they would all burn the first day they hit our shores. It would be impossible for china to invade if these fires do not happen so it is either them or coincidentally helping them for a future war.

The one spot they are eligable for infultration is being devoured by controversal fires when there are plenty of hot spot that can flame easily in the u.s. There is more & more evidence suggesting a foreign sabotage whoch would benifit china the best.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I certainly do not doubt the possibility, especially given world war three rages hard across the globe.
But what I believe is more likely is a lack of natural wildfires allowed to burn for extended periods of time.

In Florida, wildfires have historically been a natural pRlart of the ecology. As it became more populated, well humans do not like fires bur ing in woods near their homes, so they are prevented or stopped asap. The problem with that is that certain ecosystems require that as part of a natural growth and reproduction cycle. As well, it leaves combustible material to accumulate over time which becomes a bigger hazard as time progresses. Eventually a fire occurs in one of these hazards and it spreads farther and wider than it ever would have had smaller natural fires been allowed to occur.

The solution to this problem are now controlled burns which attempt at best to limit the chance of raging huge fires by providing what has historically been the natural cycle when unimpeded by human intervention.

This could be the problem in California, but I can start a wildfire with a magnifying glass so the op is in fact a possibility.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: Metallicus

the difference in this times: the internet.

Plus a lot more people living in places that used to burn with no one caring. And, 24x7 news channels that need something to fill the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join