It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elusive British Cryptids - Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Elusive British Cryptids - Documentary

Here's one of the latest Bigfoot documentaries.

What many people don't know is that Britain has it's very own monster legends, known traditionally as the Wodewose or Wildman, it is described by believers as being between six and eight feet tall with a large forehead and pronounced brow, like a cave man’s, and a rounded, crested head like a gorilla’s. Britain's most famous 'monster' is the Werewolf, known world wide as Wolfmen or Dogmen, this creature has it's roots here in Britain and throughout Europe.

Description snippet.

New Bigfoot Documentary 2018 the Most Elusive Creature on Earth Has Been Caught on Camera

The filmmaker spent two years on this documentary traveling Great Britain to find about the local cryptids especially the elusive bigfoot. Notably the film shares personal bigfoot encounters. At 28:52 they discuss video analysis and share footage-which also has to do with the Youtube video title of "Been Caught on Camera". I can see the faint outline of the back of the said creature on the footage, and I agree it appears to be like a gorilla.

Interesting as I'm not familiar with the British Bigfoot. I like that the topic of bones not being found is addressed. I didn't use the Youtube video title but rather the original documentary's title.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Interesting testimonies.

The image the one woman in the UK in the video had drawn to show what she saw is pretty close to the "Sykesville monster" in the USA, Pennsylvania state.
Image she described for artist rendition:

Image artist rendition of Sykesville monster:

Strikingly similar, but witnesses state it is what they both respectively looked like.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Nice, thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Interesting post thanks. I dont know whats scarier though......Bigfoot..or British Teeth!!

Flippen Heck....what is it with their teeth?? Dont they know what a toothbrush and toothpaste is?

Its weird, but all the British Migrants and their children in Oz and Yankyland all seem to have good teeth.....its only the ones left back 'ome, in the ol Dart.

Anyway, from a land that has Sprites, Elves, Goblins, Ogres, Pixies, witches, warlocks, Griffins, Hippogrifs, Dragons, Unicorns, Triffids
etc etc.......I guess its no surprise that they have a wooly man legend too. Why Not.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
FFS - though i disagree with kester and others on a lot of thier british ABC threads - thier claims always have logic - and there are certainly some brit ACBs - just not the scope claimed by kester and associates

but brittish giant primates ????????????? - give me strength - utterly delusional wank-puffins

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Wow! I enjoyed watching it all the way through.

I don't believe in squatches or bigfoot at all and still believe people sometimes see them. The word 'panic' derives from the woodland god, Pan, and describes the terror felt by people who met the hairy fella in the wilderness. This tells us that the experience of crossing paths with something unusual in the woods is an ancient one.

Who knows what causes these sightings? Is it perhaps something to do with standing waves of infasound? A fugue state induced by a lack of familiarity with the forest environment? Brain farts? Whatever the heck it is, people in Britain have been reporting little people, trolls and powerful hairy men for centuries. They mention 'dog men' in the video and they've been reported across the world for at least 3000 years.

This is what interests me. There's a bit of cultural difference at work which explains why Japanese mythical critters are so different to British ones. Despite this, there's still a limited pool of familiar beasties and beings like hairy men, little faery folk and squat little trollish characters. Some argue the idea that we all draw from the same mythological pool and it appeals to me. On the other hand, claimants rarely describe a psychological apparition or say they imagined an encounter. They almost always describe something substantially 'flesh n blood' which physically interacts with the environment. It's very curious stuff!

Nick Redfern is the British guru of these reports. He posted an account last year about a family car breaking down one night and a dwarfish, hairy dude walking out of the woods beside them:

Things became very hazy indeed, says Barry: “We both know from memory that they came forwards, towards us, very slowly to us, and I’ve thought since that they were interested in us or wanted to know who we were. They came very slowly, and it was a bit like we were being hunted, to me. Elaine was hysterical; and with the kids with us, I wasn’t far-off, either.

“But that’s all we remember. The next, it’s all gone; nothing. Neither of us remembers seeing them go, and the next thing it was about two o’clock and the car started fine, then. It felt like something had happened to us, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on, you know what I mean? But the memory thing is the biggest problem, even now. What was it? I did have a dream later about them surrounding the car, but that’s it, really. But they were there and we did see them, right up by the Stone Housemysteriousuniverse.org...

It's just one example of the continued frequency of very odd experiences. A very sensible colleague of mine says he saw a 'big black cat' in Staffordshire. He was with his elderly mum at some coach park and they both saw it walk between two coaches on the edge of woodland. It's hard for him to believe and he said neither of them can make sense of it as they think big black cats aren't real.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You haven't seen me with my shirt off ha.

NoCorruptionAllowed that is extremely similar, the only difference is the US version seems to have a thinner neck but that is of course also down to how both the artist and the witness shaped these images.
Superb addition to this thread though.

Dreamingawake - supernatural is a definite possibility (the lock ness monster may even be a projection or ghost since the lock is over a natural geological fault zone and some supernatural investigators have posited this as a potential explanation so either a ghost or projection of some kind or even a dimensional or time doorway) but of course there are vast tract's of uninhabited Scotland though in truth there is probably no part of mainland UK that has not been touched by human's, the bulk of our population though live in city's, town's or very close to them.
Of course there is a Chinese Proverb - the most cunning animal is the one no man has yet seen?.

Sorry I can't resist this -

Gort51 as a full member of the Dwayne Dibbly Appreciation society I am very offended at that, there is nothing wrong with my teeth - just wish those bloody new age druid's would stop using my gob as a temple.

Dreamingawake some very powerful testimonies here and I for one do not believe that lady Deborah is faking, in fact I believe she really saw something.
Account's of Woodwose go right back as long as we have had history, it would be interesting to see if these line up with areas that have high concentrations of natural caverns such as Derbyshire, the lake's and the highland's.
This thread which is about Disappearances and has some tale's that suggest these are both intelligent and in some cases at least highly malevolent interdimensional being's is also worth looking at.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Interesting testimonies.

The image the one woman in the UK in the video had drawn to show what she saw is pretty close to the "Sykesville monster" in the USA, Pennsylvania state.
Image she described for artist rendition:

Image artist rendition of Sykesville monster:

Strikingly similar, but witnesses state it is what they both respectively looked like.

It's not "strikingly similar"; it's the same image with some adjustments, mostly to the hair. There are lots of elements that were clearly introduced by the artist to give it a sense of realism (look at the smaller details used to flesh out the image, like the shading and the size and placement of folds, furrows, and wrinkles in the skin) that simply wouldn't appear in both images if they were entirely independent.

Who ever created the second image, did so by taking the first image, altering the ratio to squeeze the face (slightly shorter and wider), and adding more hair.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Both witnesses independently confirmed the appearance of what they saw matched the images.

Both images are only artist recreations of what witnesses described, so whether or not the images are "the same" is totally irrelevant.

What the witnesses described were strikingly similar. That was the point.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Wow! Crazy....I have just watched this while surfing YouTube this morning 🤔

I remember over 20yrs back of hearing about a Bigfoot sighting in north east England...I was always under the impression that Bigfoot can only exist in large countries...USA, Russia ect.

So i didn’t give this one case I had heard much credence....but this documentary has made me sit up and listen more closely....truly fascinating.

The DVD is out on the 7th December 👍....it’s well put together.

Great post...S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: EvillerBob

Both witnesses independently confirmed the appearance of what they saw matched the images.

Both images are only artist recreations of what witnesses described, so whether or not the images are "the same" is totally irrelevant.

What the witnesses described were strikingly similar. That was the point.

The second image has no real probative value and, by using an existing image as the base for the second "image", it's seriously undermined the credibility of the second witness.

Which is a shame. It would have been great if they independently came up with an image that shared key characteristics.

top topics

join