It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many homes burnt in the fires were "under water" in debt vs those not burnt?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

You have a very poor grasp of how mortgages function, a fire that destroys your home does not alleviate you from having to make your monthly payment.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

looks like typical CONSPIRACY THEORIST nonsense.

FTFY

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I can see someone underwater in debt not cleaning up brush on a property or not turning sprinklers on or watering down a property before a fire comes or even putting their family in a paid off vehicle & leaving the 2nd vehicle they owe money on at home. Any person with an IQ above 85 would do this if they're underwater in debt. I don't believe this is fraud. Its ultimately the owners of these properties (banks) responsibility to enact counter-measures to secure their property from natural disasters & for insurance companies to insist on counter-measures to secure property which they insure. They do this by having separate insurance policies for each type of disaster (fire, flood, wind, personal liability, etc.). Also, I believe in divine intervention, which may be another reason why some houses remain standing while others around them burn, or maybe they're just made out of concrete and have concrete or metal roofs instead of being made from flammable materials like wood. I would also not rule out Direct Energy Weapons. All this disaster is going to do is make it more expensive to live in California. Insurance costs and energy costs will increase dramatically because of these fires.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

How does allowing your home to burn down get you out of the mortgage?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly now you owe the bank and you don't even have a house.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Not sure there are many who are underwater in California.

managecasa.com...

In case they can't click on your link this paragraph spells it out pretty clearly.

Zillow gives California an improved 9.6 out of 10 rating and a revised forecast of 8.3% price growth. California has less owners with negative equity and fewer delinquent mortgages

Of course that doesn't say there are none but it deflates the theory that the fires are a way to get out of debt. Unless you're really over insured I don't see a profit or benefit to burning your house down. Maybe replace an old house with a newer structure???

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

yes you STILL have to pay the mortgage...and in southern ca they have the "santa ana winds" they are unique I suggest you look it up......embers get blown around...winds suddenly change.....the fire gets put out there will be homes next to the last house burnt that will not be touched

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I didnt say the mortgage didnt have to be paid. I agree that a loan is a loan and it doesnt matter if the item is destroyed or not you still have to pay the loan.
why do you suggest that I look up the Santa Ana winds? I have seen the news covering it for years. I know what they are and what they do.
I am not one saying that the fires are unnatural. I think you got confused a step or two back.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here is a Vidio of Fox News admitting that the Govt have and are using DEW`s. Not on this fire but they do have the weapon. Coincidence that it was shown a week prior to the start of this fire. I also saw another Vidio of a helicopter helping to spread the fires. I was unable to share it as it was on a social media site. How many home owners can afford a helicopter to help burn down their own house? As I said before the fires are on the proposed new high speed route.

www.youtube.com... This is the Fox news clip.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Tell me why didn't these fires happen in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or Cali when they had the same or worse temp's and drought for prolonged periods (many years),

I guess they got lucky and a powerline did not cause a fire.
WE ARE IN DROUGHT!

Climate change sets the world on fire In 2017, parts of Europe, Canada and the US were ravaged by wildfires on an unprecedented scale. In 2018, new records are being set around the world as hot, dry temperatures and fires become the new normal.
www.dw.com...

Have you looked for other fires and what they have done in the world in recent years? There has been either flood or drought all over the world and people are facing multitudes of disaster!

Arizona :Tinder Fire: 41 structures damaged or destroyed; 2018
Texas: AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - A massive wildfire east of the Texas state capital of Austin has destroyed 476 homes since Sunday and is still burning out of control, state officials said on Monday. 2011

New Mexico: LOVELAND, Colo. — Hundreds of evacuees in southern New Mexico on Wednesday still weren't sure whether their homes were among the 224 destroyed by a wildfire near the town of Ruidoso.

Australia: Australia bushfire destroys 69 houses, forces residents to flee 2018

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
I can see someone underwater in debt not cleaning up brush on a property or not turning sprinklers on or watering down a property before a fire comes or even putting their family in a paid off vehicle & leaving the 2nd vehicle they owe money on at home. Any person with an IQ above 85 would do this if they're underwater in debt. I don't believe this is fraud. Its ultimately the owners of these properties (banks) responsibility to enact counter-measures to secure their property from natural disasters & for insurance companies to insist on counter-measures to secure property which they insure. They do this by having separate insurance policies for each type of disaster (fire, flood, wind, personal liability, etc.). Also, I believe in divine intervention, which may be another reason why some houses remain standing while others around them burn, or maybe they're just made out of concrete and have concrete or metal roofs instead of being made from flammable materials like wood. I would also not rule out Direct Energy Weapons. All this disaster is going to do is make it more expensive to live in California. Insurance costs and energy costs will increase dramatically because of these fires.

Paradise like most areas that are dry in summer and have water shortages REQUIRE the properties to be cleared of brush and many do not allow trees within certain ft of homes. They DO enforce these laws as I have Family all over the state and they have had to pay for the clearing. They also had to remove any dead or dying or diseased trees.

Wind causes the fires to move in odd ways and it has been windy.

Most people are underinsured like we are, if our home burns we will not be able to rebuild and have our things replaced.

www.californiachaparral.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I suspect there will always be people who will take advantage of situations like these to get out of other bad situations, but given the video of these fires, I'd actually be surprised if there were many of these.

Despite the plethora of conspiracy theories on this (I think the weirdest one has to be the laser mounted ray gun), I strongly believe this was a natural occurrence from a blown transformer and nothing more nefarious than that.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

These Fires were MAN MADE . The Destruction , or Lack Of tells the Tale ........(

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
just a heads up for the economy interested folks:

the great house-fires & lawn-fires from the larger Forest Fires Crisis...has some hidden 'dots' that need added to the formula so a proper calculation can be deduced/arrived at...

see my personal notes:

usawatchdog.com...

link to Interview with catherine austin fitts…

exposes a hidden nugget about the Old-Mortgage-Debt & Disaster Relief,
how the mortgage debt (paperwork) gets written off & the bank$/Fed pro$per as a re$ult...

the interview is 52 minutes long but the important section (i point to) is right @ the 46:00 minute mark.....
Listen & get enlightened that the multi-Trillion MERS paperwork on mortgages that began the Great Recession is being magically paid off & the Fed & central banks will end up owning just about ALL Real-Estate in the USA

now thats something to research/look-into

edit on th30154318424725172018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join