It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones and Jim Acosta Walk Into The Press Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Came across this in an aggregator, thought it was funny, and an idea whose time has actually maybe come. Right next to Acosta! The WWE of the First Amendment!

GIVE ALEX JONES A PRESS PASS’: CONSERVATIVES CALL OUT FREE SPEECH HYPOCRISY IN WAKE OF CNN-ACOSTA RULING

edit on 17-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Oh yes, please do that!
It will be the best reality show ever. I mean Trump, Alex Jones and Acosta in the same room with freedom of speech?
I'd pay to see that!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

How exciting would "pass the mic" time be then?

I say it would go to the floor until secret service broke it up with tasers.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

OK, to be honest?

I'd buy front row seats to that!!!

Failing that, I'd pay for the PPV stream.

Make sure there is a referee seated between them and the chairs are NOT bolted to the floor...

You know, since the press conferences are nothing now but a reality show anyways, why not take it to the next level!!!

If it happened, maybe CNN will get enough ratings to finally take down the Food Channel!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Why not?

If you wanna invite pundits and conspiracy theorists instead of just journalists, then how about also Hannity? And Tucker? Maddow and Olberman?

Or should we just stick with journalists?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

Well are we including Acosta or not? He's a loud-ass bloviating opinion hit job. No better than Alex at the very least.

I say it's reasonable. First Amendment all the way baby!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

InfoWars: Alex Jones Interviews Donald Trump - December 2, 2015

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Why not?

If you wanna invite pundits and conspiracy theorists instead of just journalists, then how about also Hannity? And Tucker? Maddow and Olberman?

Name one “journalist” that goes to the White House that is a real journalist.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

That would turn into must see TV.

Ratings would go through the roof.

Careers made and destroyed.

I need to call my agent.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Give AJ his white house pass ya #ing NAZIS!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
AJ is looking a bit like Grizzly Adams these days.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Came across this in an aggregator, thought it was funny, and an idea whose time has actually maybe come. Right next to Acosta! The WWE of the First Amendment!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Why not?

This is actually a pretty good piece on what the crux of this issue is. I’m all for the first amendment so these guys should definitely get a shot. I think we’ll see the Whitehouse open up the rolls a bit.

It’s pointed out here just how disruptive Acosta has been during diplomatically important events. That’s not journalism.

On Wednesday, Fox News decided to join or defend CNN and their lawsuit against the White House removing reporter Jim Acosta’s permanent press pass. If you have been monitoring social media, you will find that common sense thinking individuals understand that press credentials are not a right they are a privilege.

OAN took a huge step out from the shadows of Fox News on Thursday declaring it was siding against the mega-drama networks in support of the White House and their ability to pull a credential anytime they wish, for just cause. Their decision is correct, and Fox News knows this, but they are trying to cover their ass in case a Democrat is ever elected president.

Link

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I know this is in the joke forum but I am serious when I say that any one of us should have the same "right" or "privilege" to ask the POTUS or Staff Member questions in person as Jim Acosta. Including Alex Jones and since he has been censored by corporate platforms it would be a pretty sweet form of justice. What the hell makes Jim Accost Lass so special that he has this permanent unrevokable privilege?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yeah I almost started this thread with, "It sounds like a joke, but..."

I bet we have some interesting happenings. More I mean. More folk deserve a chance more-so than Acosta, so it would be nice to see the press pool widen.

And the pressers to go in a more structured and reasonable way. P-Trump might turn this into a win for the first amendment. Let them OAN boys in for one, Sir.

Heck, we have bloggers doing real journalism and the MSM doing fake news. Time to widen them gates for a true free press!!

I smell winning. Just a hunch, so we'll see.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I guess the idea has taken off. There's now an official petition. If there is any justice or karma in the cosmos this must happen.

CNN reporter Jim Acosta and Infowars publisher Alex Jones could both lob questions at President Trump’s press secretary if petitioners succeed in an effort pending on the White House website.

A publicly-created petition recently posted on the “We the People” section of the official White House site calls on the Trump administration to grant press credentials to the right-wing Infowars publisher and assign him a seat him alongside CNN’s chief White House correspondent.

“Alex Jones‘ first amendment rights are being violated everyday he does not have White House press credentials,” wrote the petition’s creator. “Let Alex Jones have press credentials and a permanent seat next to Jim Acosta!”

Created on Nov. 17, the petition has been digitally signed over 34,000 times within a week of going live, placing it on path toward possibly triggering an official response.

The White House provides an official update to petitions that have been signed at least 100,000 times within 30 days of their creation, giving the petition roughly three weeks to garner the remaining signatures required for a reply.

Seat Alex Jones next to Jim Acosta in Brady briefing room

new topics

top topics

join