It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels tells Theresa May - delaying Brexit will cost UK £10bn

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree that we shouldn't perpetuate past hatreds....but here on ATS that's certainly more applicable to those who express anti-English bigotry and hatred, something that seems to be perfectly acceptable.

I do wonder why this appears to be acceptable, particularly to the left. Is this not racism, pure and simple? Which is surely a "Bad Thing"?

And here we go again. Laughable.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Solo is a well known and, despite his rabid bigotry, well liked member round these parts and we've crossed swords on numerous occasions.
Regardless of the topic under discussion its usually just a matter of time until he reveals his continued hatred of and racism towards English people.

Predictable as he is he also makes me laugh and I enjoy our exchanges.

One day we will have him drinking crap warm beer, wearing an England football top and singing Jerusalem.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Aye its just puzzling, we want out of the EU , because they ultimately determine our budget etc,
so we want independence from EU , and So its fine for us to have control of our spending
but not individually , how is that democracy for the people ? We want self control from EU , but wont give self control to each individual nation within the United Kingdom.

( also while we are at it , the United Kingdom, needs to change its name, as its no longer a Kingdom!)
lets do away with all references to monarchy

I was referring to the Whole of Europe , UK included , when speaking of European exceptionalism
the British were not the only ones demonised , have you seen how much hate the Spanish Europeans still get to this day from indigenous peoples of America .
Im not using the standards of today to judge the actions of the past, what Im saying is , why the # is anyone still happy to call themselves british when the "british empire" committed crimes against humanity!

the British empire is no more , so why people still associate themselves with an empire fond of domination , imperialism and state sanctioned murder / genocide is beyond me !
Its supporting an now defunct empire , it no longer exists !
The whole empire and governments after built on the extortion and abuse of other nations!

Thats my problem !

I never said once that im blaming people today for actions of the past, that is ridiculous
I also pointed out that there were huge benefits from the empire to Scotland , many merchants profited from that abuse !

Scottish opium merchants

Glasgow also benefited hugely from sugar , tobacco and slavery !

I dont hate the English , the Welsh, the Irish , or anyone else in the UK , I just dislike people supporting the Idea of being "British" because simply put none of us are "British"

the king is dead , empire is dead!
we are British no more !

If we are to look forward to the future, why are so many south of the border still holding onto the Idea of being British?
and its mostly only rangers fans up here who hold onto their British Identity!
and a few others loyalists etc !
Yes lets not forget our roots, where we came from , how we managed to get such a nice society , its because we pillaged and plundered every other nation going and brought that stolen wealth back from the furthest fringes of the empire
so those at home could benefit .

So just to recap , Im not holding anyone to blame for the acts carried out by the British empire, but I dont see why so many still want to be "British" when no such thing exists !

So I will be anti British all I like !

You are either English, Irish , Welsh , or Scottish , but not British in any sense of the word !
and my anti Britishness is not Anti English!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

continued hatred of and racism towards English people.

How can a Scottish be racist towards his own kind, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

A strong stance against nationalism isn't exactly racist by nature, you folks just keep pulling that out of your arse in order to avoid the issues he brought to the table. That's a cheap shot at the messenger, and we both know that.

Are the people from Gibraltar/ Ireland/ Scotland racist for their vote to remain in the EU?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I agree that we shouldn't perpetuate past hatreds....but here on ATS that's certainly more applicable to those who express anti-English bigotry and hatred, something that seems to be perfectly acceptable.

I do wonder why this appears to be acceptable, particularly to the left. Is this not racism, pure and simple? Which is surely a "Bad Thing"?

And here we go again. Laughable.

Care to explain what it is about that that makes you laugh?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

How can a Scottish be racist towards his own kind, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

A strong stance against nationalism isn't exactly racist by nature, you folks just keep pulling that out of your arse in order to avoid the issues he brought to the table. That's a cheap shot at the messenger, and we both know that.

Are the people from Gibraltar/ Ireland/ Scotland racist for their vote to remain in the EU?

NO

However like everyone they had a democratic vote and the vote to leave greater.

Across the boards two things stand out ....

# 1 ... The remainers are the ones who constantly berate the leavers as being

ignorant, stupid and racist. Leavers most often respond with logic.

# 2 ... It seems to be from the posts/threads I have read it is the Scots who

havea problem with every thing English/British, which the Welsh and Irish

dont appear to have.

And the English/British dont have a problem with the Scots except from the

constant berating of some of the militant Scots members, against ALL things

English

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes. And you can bet that when the England football team is playing that most of Scotland will be cheering for the other team. It was ever thus.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Im a Remainer. Who do i call thick or stupid? I seriously also dispute the Leavers responding with logic. In actuality, most Leavers responses amount to "it will be okay" - they cannot demonstrate how. A simple example being when i mentionned the No Deal issue with Trauma Packs and your response was "transport planes" - that completely misses the point and is illogical. I aren't having a go at you here either, i actually like you here on ATS.

As to point 2, don't disagree there. Love the Scots but love to wind them up even more!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

May is doing a grand job really under immense pressure,....

Wow.
You must be the only person on planet earth who believes that.

Oh really? I bet you were one of those "easiest deals ever" types back in the day while gazing over at your wall picture of a Spitfire

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Id be inclined to disagree , I dont like the Idea of Britishness or being British
because to me it means nothing but oppression !

Sorry

But you ARE British.................... British Isles dweller
Scottishism is just made up just just Israeli, Africcaaners, English, French, German.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Id be happy with a new Union once we secure our rights and ensure our government put people and planet before profit
then id be happy in a union !

but not now anymore in this failure

You really believe your better doing it alone than in union with a partner?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If scottish is made up then how do you explain the people called the Scots who came to ALBA and conquered it thus renaming it Scotland !

The Britons are no more , British is made up to by your logic

Stop wae your nonsense , the British Empire is dead , Britain is just a name used on maps !
No one is British any more (but just keep clinging onto that past , can you explain what is actually unique about being british which isnt covered by humans all over the planet, in short there is # all we do differently )

And yes going it alone so we can establish a new constitution for the people of Scotland which is free from Anyone else's decision making, especially unelected lords of religious persuasion and those who are born with silver spoons , once we get that sorted, then Aye we can form a new Union
which is fair for everyone in that Union , but this current Union has been proven time and time again not to work
yet we still keep supporting it in blind faith it will somehow work out ok!

So thats what being british means, just hoping things work out ok , even though we dont have a #ing clue whats going on , just soldier on is it !
thats just #ing daft ! No thanks

edit on 21-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

aye thats all just sport though int it !

nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition
its only football , not serious

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Solo and a very small minority of Scots despise everything and everyone English.
They blame the English for all of Scotland's alleged problems.

Its my experience that there's good and bad everywhere.

However, even though I support a Scottish football team I absolutely love it when Scotland get beat at any sport, be it football or tiddly winks.

And I love taking the piss out of them.

And I love it that they feel exactly the same about us....its how it should be.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

scots have a problem with everything British unless you are a loyalist or a rangers fan!

irish dont have a problem with British , are you mad , I cant really comment on the welsh I dont know that many welshmen but the ones I do know dont particularly like the idea of being British either !

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

the best hing aboot it , is the fact we can take a joke and know full well we can take the piss out of ourselves without it getting into serious discussions!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

but, staying in will not be ok.
as i write the foreign and commonwealth office is pressing forward with its intergration of all branches of our armed services into the european army due to be complete by the end of next year.
the army will start intergrating with the police as is already happening and central command and control will be in brussels.
we will then cease to be a sovereign state with no independant forces.
the party whips are silencing m.p.s on both sides of the house and this is why May must hang on to see this through for her financial masters.
an actual act of treason, by that fifth column the pro europe civil service.
this also implies the queen has betrayed her parlimentry oaths to act in the best interests of her subjects, a de facto declaration of war on the british people through the crown corporation.
the implications of this are clear to anyone who remembers the soviet.
stasi anyone?
spread the word because it appears we are to be silenced until we are signed over next year.

www.ukcolumn.org...
www.ukcolumn.org...
edit on 21-11-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

we have a huge long list of scots being racist towards their own kind, we have been selling ourselves out to the highest bidder for a very long time !

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

we have a huge long list of scots being racist towards their own kind, we have been selling ourselves out to the highest bidder for a very long time !

It's because you're all stuck in the distant past from a cultural invasion 2500 years ago (ish). Whereas we Anglos are far more modern, forward thinking types, what with being stuck a mere 1500 years in the past.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

stuck in the past aye ? that stuck in the past Scots invented half of the modern world !

if that isnt forward thinking I dont know what is

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join