It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Endorses Nancy Pelosi for Speaker of the House. He Will Even Help Her Secure Votes.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ms. Pelosi will be a terrible speaker of the house, but really, Trump will be wanting the worst possible speaker to compete against; so, she is a perfect choice for him.

I don't see any surprises here.

Also, Trump was a democrat before he was a republican.

Probably Trump is the most moderate US president that we have had in modern times -- at least so during my lifetime.

This is a pragmatic move. Good tactics / strategy from the chief executive, IMHO

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
OP starts off saying that Trump is "working together" with Democrats, as in reaching across the aisle. Thread devolves into people saying he's sabotaging Democrats by endorsing her.

How exactly is that "reaching across the aisle"? Sounds like sabotage plain and simple. As if the Democrats would need sabotaging, they do it to themselves every day.
edit on 11/17/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I love it.
He's giving her the kiss of death to ensure she gets a major challenge from the alt-left.
Brilliant.

I just think Pelosi as Speaker will pretty much ensure a 2020 Trump win.

After all, all she's going to have to do is stagger to the mic once a week and open her mouth...

You mean like Trump....?
I don’t like that woman just as much as I don’t like Trump.
In Trumps defense I like him much more. Just wanted to point out the obvious.

The problem with the left is that they ignore results because... Orange Man Bad.

You know, because you are told to feel that way.

I actually think his tweets are genius. Throw out 2-3 tweets a day, enrage the detractors, go get things done.

It's an obvious troll that you and yours keep falling for time after time after time...

As far as him speaking, he says what's on his mind.

THIS enrages the left simply because they can never EVER do that.

If they did, then people would then know what kind of people they actually are...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sounds like what the media does to Trump and his supporters. The media might be even bigger trolls than Trump. They seem to have a mutually beneficial relationship in that way, Trump and the media I mean.

Trump has his supporters double down on him countless times because of what the media says about him and the media has a front page cover story bringing in the viewers every day.

I don't think Trump and the media are as big of enemies as they let on. It's like two wrestlers faking a rivalry in order to sell tickets and merchandise. It seems to be working like a charm.
edit on 11/17/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
He's pulling a kavanaugh. And who can forget that circus of a show. Trump backs people, the left freaks out. People at a party 49 years ago pop up with wild allegations. He's doing it for a reason.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sounds like what the media does to Trump and his supporters. The media might be even bigger trolls than Trump. They seem to have a mutually beneficial relationship in that way, Trump and the media I mean.

Trump has his supporters double down on him countless times because of what the media says about him and the media has a front page cover story bringing in the viewers every day.

I don't think Trump and the media are as big of enemies as they let on. It's like two wrestlers faking a rivalry in order to sell tickets and merchandise. It seems to be working like a charm.

Yeah. Thats pretty spot on E1. I actually agree with you.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump Endorses Nancy Pelosi for Speaker of the House. He Will Even Help Her Secure Votes.

Draining that swamp like a winner eh?

Don't worry. We still might have WWIII. You'll be happy for the first time in your life...until POOF! (RIP)

Is this a threat?

A threat? No. Quite the opposite! You're so cynical about everything, it seems only a major world war would make you happy. That is what the ultimate cynic wants, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

This is when Trump's supporters start endorsing Pelosi after months/years of dragging her through the mud. The messiah has spoken, his minions must now follow suit, as is tradition.

Don't you think Pelosi is fit for the Speakership? She did OK as House Speaker the first time around.

After the Democrats took control of the House in 2007 and increased their majority in 2009, Pelosi was elected Speaker of the House.

During and after her tenure as Speaker, Pelosi was perceived as a contentious political figure, with Republican candidates frequently trying to tie their Democratic opponents to Pelosi, and with moderate Democrats seeking to show their moderate bona fides by expressing opposition to Pelosi.
en.wikipedia.org...

(The person who wrote that article must be from Pelosi's district.)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Breakthestreak
Trump can say and do no wrong even when endorsing a sworn enemy.

WRONG! He's made a huge blunder not having a Special Prosecutor appointed to investigate Hillary, Lynch, Comey, Clinton Foundation, Strzok, Brennan, Holder, Rice, Powers, and the Australian and British SPIES who tried to interfere in our 2016 elections.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

It's almost as if he doesn't care if they go to jail or not.

😐

That's my shocked face.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Trump is part of the WWE Hall of Fame, he's been preparing for years for his role as president. Look at all the chaos going on these days, chaos that has done nothing but benefit those in power.

While we squabble with each other over Trump and the inconsequential social issues surrounding him and his "rivalry" with the media those in power take money to the bank. See the permanent tax break that he gave the ultra-wealthy for proof. Also take a look at Trump's campaign manager during his presidential bid and his (David Bossie's) background, he fought for the elites' right to buy or politicians with Citizen's United. He's actually the president of Citizen's United!

Trump is just another puppet on strings just like every other president before him.
edit on 11/18/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Trump and Pelosi. Two peas in a pod. Both very obviously bonkers.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's with the Hass? I was kinda hoping for some Blue Swede this morning

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I have to say, I’m loving watching Republicans cozy up to Nancy Pelosi.

You guys are too much.

it's funny that you think so one dimensional.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

stop playing into the left/right divide. It's what they want. Don't be a tool and get used like this.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
trump campaigned on sending Hillary to jail...has he taken steps to indite her yet.

Now who's the chumps? If he's helping pelosi, perhaps Clinton can get her old job back as secretary of state.
edit on 18-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So you have nothing to say about my post? You could at least try to address it.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I have to say, I’m loving watching Republicans cozy up to Nancy Pelosi.

You guys are too much.

When she'll give 2020 to Trump, whats not to love?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

trump campaigned on sending Hillary to jail...has he taken steps to indite her yet.

Now who's the chumps? If he's helping pelosi, perhaps Clinton can get her old job back as secretary of state.

He can't indict her, but the DOJ can. However, the DOJ has been in the hands of Sessions and Rosenstein.

There is your answer.

As for helping her? She gets the old job she lost back. If she wants to keep it, she'll have to do things differently, otherwise she can lose it again. She either plays ball and helps Trump with his agenda, divides the Democrats in the house, or hands him 2020.

Win Win for him either way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join