It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Vito, Costa Rica Entire area covered in numerous long earth cracks crevasses M4.7EQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That a PIG squealing in the beginning but the amount of cracks and collapsed earth is distressing because this is just a single area of about 2-3 square miles if it more prolific than that then there's a major catastrophe just waiting to happen down there..... i looked it up on maps it inland so it would be a mudslide event when it has enough water

Disaster Just waiting to happen ...... Can anyone translate what he saying???? Dates ?when noticed ?ect ect

www.google.com...@8.8160866,-84.0681722,324808m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x8fa4343623a7 de4f:0x513672b25f2150bf!2sPuntarenas+Province,+San+Vito,+Costa+Rica!3b1!8m2!3d8.82288!4d-82.9689738!3m4!1s0x8fa4343623a7de4f:0x513672b25f2150bf!8m2!3d 8.82288!4d-82.9689738
edit on 17-11-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Disaster Just waiting to happen ......

Again? ...

But yeah, the ground in Costa Rica can be unstable.

There are about 1,400 locations with landslide problems in Costa Rica.

If you plan to buy land, you should be aware of the areas that are especially prone to landslides or unstable underground, such as: Turrialba, Paraiso (Orosi), Santiago de Puriscal, and San Ignacio de Acosta, among others.

www.welovecostarica.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Beautiful country. I'd highly recommend visiting if you have the chance.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes again, and the video just brings it to more peoples awareness so when or if it does happen they'll remember seeing this video of San Vito, Costa Rica

And thanks for the link - a good read very informative concerning unstable mudslide potentials for that country...

a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm sure all the residents of San Vito who are members of ATS will appreciate your warning.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I'm sure all the residents of San Vito who are members of ATS will appreciate your warning.

Hawaii has volcanoes....they are hot and melty....

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Says he left home and drove down this road at about 9:00am of the day in question. When he returned around 11:00am, this is what he ran into. It all happened within that time frame. The road is - obviously - closed now. Cracks run about 50cm wide at this point in the video.

Apparently, windows in the green house(at around 0:55) "exploded." I'd assume that would have been precipitated by shifting of the house's foundations, causing the windows to go out of square and put pressure on the glass panes.

I understand that he's saying there are landslides happening in the area and large pieces of land that are just sinking. There's a large mango tree lying on its side that just two hour earlier was upright and healthy. Two meter sinkage of land on one side of the crack around 2:20. Keeps saying that it's incredible that all of this happened within a two hour window.

AT 4:20, pointed out a geographical feature that had moved since 9:00am. At around 4:30, says the house is broken. Says that the landslides visible around 5:45 have all happened within the last couple of hours.

Seems to be the after-effect of this quake:
www.ticotimes.net... sta-rica

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Not that strong and a hundred miles away?
Maybe. I guess.

Heavy rain a few weeks ago.

edit on 11/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
WOW awesome thanks for the translation and Ive looked up that EQ on USGS :
17km NNE of Angeles, Costa Rica
2018-11-17 14:12:55 (UTC)
20.4 km

So within a few hours an EQ not a mudslide did this Interesting......

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So within a few hours an EQ not a mudslide

huh? Who said anything about a mudslide?

But don't landslides usually occur during an earthquake?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Disaster Just waiting to happen ..

No offense but you have how many threads claiming somewhere is just moments away from disaster? And youre never right?

And to add to it, people on ATS who actually work in the field come into your threads and constantly correct your mistakes and you never even respond........

I guess EVENTUALLY youll be right as a matter of pure accident and timing, but will you claim victory then or will you see it for what it is?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Disaster Just waiting to happen ..

No offense but you have how many threads claiming somewhere is just moments away from disaster? And youre never right?

If he (she, etc.?) says that enough times, bound to get it right one day. No?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

To add:
earthquaketrack.com...
☝️
This has a list of today's and past earthquakes

San Vito has had: (M1.5 or greater)1 earthquake in the past 24 hours1 earthquake in the past 7 days5 earthquakes in the past 30 days40 earthquakes in the past 365 days

The largest earthquake in San Vito:

today: 4.7 in Ángeles, Heredia, Costa Rica
this week: 4.7 in Ángeles, Heredia, Costa Rica
this month: 5.3 in Golfito, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
this year: 7.6 in Barra Patuca, Gracias a Dios,Honduras

Though it's part of the Ring of Fire, I don't think the Volcano up in Guatemala is affecting Costa Rica.

edit on 17-11-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Maybe. I guess.

Going by the date posted with the Youtube video. Description said 11/16 and the videographer said it happened between 9:00am and 11:00am. The report I linked to indicated a quake in CR in the same time frame.

Even if the epicenter was 100 miles away, would it be impossible that enough shifting sub-layers happened to precipitate the issues seen?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

This one?
www.ticotimes.net...

TheNational Seismological Network reported a preliminary magnitude 5.1 quake, 12 kilometers west of Guapiles, at 8:12 a.m. this Saturday

Wrong day. Wrong time.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i liked the vid and it raises awareness of the effects of landslides mudslides earthquakes ! the also like the doom aspect as you can very well see!! i did once get a big head on a correct prediction lol wont do that again. i use doom to raise awareness and its fun!! since the political posts took over - a slight majority anyway.

Look at the links & information in this thread now i couldn't have hoped for a better understanding of whats going on in Costa Rica with respect to EQ'S and landslides and that goes for everyone else who doesn't know or isn't in the field but just curious ....& the video IS a good look at the before disaster since the majority of vids is either after or during....

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Maybe. I guess.

Going by the date posted with the Youtube video. Description said 11/16 and the videographer said it happened between 9:00am and 11:00am. The report I linked to indicated a quake in CR in the same time frame.

Even if the epicenter was 100 miles away, would it be impossible that enough shifting sub-layers happened to precipitate the issues seen?

An earthquake can cause liquefaction of the ground water and the dry soil above. With agitation it just all turns into quicksand or mud. Then any flashfloods can go underground and create sinkholes. It might take some time for the water to drain from the forests above and into the channels lower down.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

This was a mild quake a long way away.

top topics

join