It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your worrys or strange fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is just a topic that I was reading about the other day in a mag,
It was about the strange worry’s and fears we all seem to have some-where. This got me thinking a about a few of my own and I wondered how many others have these odd lil fears that seem silly and irrational lol.

One of mine is... When I’m in a tube stations, I feel like I cant go to the edge of a platform... for some reason I think if I got to the edge ill jump?

Now the stupid thing is, I know that I would never jump? I’m happy in life and have no reason to end it lol. So why do I feel like this?

Also I have the same thing with cliffs, I almost feel that again if I went to the edge id feel compelled to jump,

From this article in a Mag other fears people had consisted of….

A woman could not walk over a bridge..She thought if she did she would feel the urge to throw her purse over?

Another young women had a fear of silence, In a room when people stopped talking she felt that she might stand up and start swearing lol

From what the psychologist said this is very normal and most people have some form of this,

As with my edge of platform fear they say this is the brains on curiosity of the "what if factor"

Just found this interesting and wondered if any others here have an odd worry or strange fear?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have a huge phobia over medical things. Even hearing about med stuff makes my skin crawl. Yesterday, I was conversing with some friends about this other friend who is in the hospital, she just had these gory stomach operations. Well, they were talking about it, I was just stuck there. Arg! They were going on and on about colostomy bags, I was really freaked out!

Lots of people get that "jump" urge (so I have heard). I get it when looking over nearby river dams. I think the 'el' trains here in Chicago are similar to London tube trains (they are even underground at some points) - I worry more about getting accidentally hit or falling, or maybe some junkie pushing me, etc. Don't really think about jumping off the platform. Oddly enough, I once fell on el tracks and the train was coming right at me! So I could have got hit by it -or- could have fallen onto the 3rd (electrified) rail! Yikes! But the main disgust with the el system is that its pretty much a rolling ghetto: reason enough to fear.

I live downstreet from a large zoo and sometimes I imagine that a tiger or jaguar will escape and be sitting on my fire stairs waiting for me.........

Sometimes when I get up during the night, I imagine that there might be a monster waiting outside the back door too.........

Ah, nothing too exciting phobia wise here!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have a fear of small spaces, I dont mind them but if there is no way out I start to freak.

Thats why its important to keep some kind of explosive with you , to blast your way out!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have always been afraid of the dark. I can't sleep unless my television is on. I think it's mostly a fear of the unknown/being alone. I am also afraid of being buried in snow, like in an avalanche.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am afraid of very tight and small places, basicly any place where I cannot move most of my body.

The most bizare fear I have is a fear of a zombie invasion, like in Night of the Living Dead. Whenever I play out a scenario like that, a realistic one where I'm not some Han Solo or Snake type it freaks me out. It is totally illogical but it scares me.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That too-politically correct communist pansies will overrun the U.S.A.

hehe, sorry, couldn't resist..

-wD

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
That too-politically correct communist pansies will overrun the U.S.A.

hehe, sorry, couldn't resist..

-wD

Thats a kind of contradiction.
Comunist and politically correct? LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have always been afraid of the sea (lakes, oceans) and I'm very afraid of sea animals, even dolphins z_z .

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I always had a fear of drowning. I grew up on the water, I am a fairly good swimmer (swim team etc) and nothing scares me when I'm on the water fishing but the idea of floating in the water, knowing that at some point you will go down and not come up used to always haunt my dreams. Then, two years ago I sort of faced that fear when my wife got swept out on the beach in Mexico. I didn't even hesitate, not even long enough to think "drop the cameras and go get your wife." She had her nose broken by the rocks that run along the beach. We both got tossed around and banged and bruised but the whole time I kept thinking "you cannot leave your daughter alone."

Since then, I'm really not quite afraid of anything.

except head cheese. Head cheese is the stuff of nightmares.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
asala as weird as this sounds I know what you mean.

If I find myself walking over a bridge, or near a cliff if will worry me that like if I fell or jumped. And its not that I would ever consider jumping, just one of those What Ifs.

I find myself having more of a fear though of looking up to high buildings then looking down from a high area. My knee's buckle when I look up at really tall buildings.

Spiders is another fear I have. Insane fear of spiders, I could handle having big snakes all around me. But toss one spider in the mix and I'd probably be in the middle of a fit.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I always had a fear of drowning. I grew up on the water, I am a fairly good swimmer (swim team etc) and nothing scares me when I'm on the water fishing but the idea of floating in the water, knowing that at some point you will go down and not come up used to always haunt my dreams. Then, two years ago I sort of faced that fear when my wife got swept out on the beach in Mexico. I didn't even hesitate, not even long enough to think "drop the cameras and go get your wife." She had her nose broken by the rocks that run along the beach. We both got tossed around and banged and bruised but the whole time I kept thinking "you cannot leave your daughter alone."

Since then, I'm really not quite afraid of anything.

except head cheese. Head cheese is the stuff of nightmares.

oh my god!
I'm glad you and your wife are alive, you are such a hero!

It's quite disturbing to be afraid of the sea and such but
if I saw someone (I don't even have to know that person) almost drowning I wouldn't hesitate to save him/her.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
the whole thing took maybe a couple of minutes but everything was moving in slow motion for me. All those cliche stories are true. We were taking pictures when it happened and I have the picture that was taken maybe 2 seconds before she got sucked out. Pretty creepy.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
When I sleep I can never have my feet hanging off the bed or even out of the blankets. I guess I'm afraid that if my feet are exposed or hanging off the bed then something will sneak from under the bed and grab them while I sleep. Shameful I know. :shk:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have so many fears, main ones are

Water - Nearly drowned when I was little so I know why that is
I walked the stables guard dog down by the canal the other day and I thought I was going to die!!

People touching my neck - Nobody can touch my neck unless I know they are about to do it! I think i'm scared of not being able to breathe, this one is so bad i even have to pull the seatbelt down if its sort of on my neck, I hate anything touching it!

And the obvious, spiders (But only when theyre in my room), the dark, thunder and lightning etc.

And one more I am not going to menchon

new topics

top topics

join