It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump admin evaluates sending exiled cleric to Turkey to appease them on the murder of journalist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
and now you know why I don't believe a lot of the stuff that is coming out of the conservatives on these boards...
or Fox..

but, it's interesting that you find the fact that a person made an error on the journalist's immigration status as being the disqualifying factor when it seems that there are reports both saying that they are considering extradition and they aren't. so, who knows one way or the other really..

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Trump is too much of a pu55y to take on the Saudi's. They have him by the balls.

Nontheless his supporters will still defend him.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: rickymouse
Khashoggi was not an American citizen, he was a Saudi citizen and was bound to their laws and governance when out of this country.

Well they say he was a "US resident" and so that is the left's way trying to pin this to Trump with some weird form of validity...lol

I cannot find any evidence that he was a Legal US resident in my searches. I did see that he moved here in 2017 but in the year he was here he evidently could never have gotten legal US residency even if he had a congressman vouching for him. It takes about two years. He did have a Visa but he was not yet a Legal Resident from what I have found. I have a son-in-law that is a Resident alien, and it took him three years to be able to get that status. Maybe if someone had lots of pull and good lawyers they might be able to have gotten it done in a year and a half. June of seventeen to now is not even a year and a half. My Son-in-law also has kids that are US residents.

I think people are making a lot of stuff up about his being more than just a guy with a green card. A permanent green card status is not the same as a Legal Resident of this country.
edit on 17-11-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

He said resident.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
oh, I think he was more than just a guy with a green card. his uncle was an arms dealer who played the role of a middle man in iran contra, the uncle also just happened to have sold a nice yatch to trump back in the 80's.
his cousin just happened to have been pricess di's boyfriend, Dodi Al-Fayed. by the way Dodi's father was a guest at Trump and Malania's wedding.
Trump later sold the yatch to Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Tala, the grandson of saudi's first king.

all of which says nothing about the topic that we are discussing, but the guy might have had some stories and connections that might have been of value to our intelligence and that was why he was welcomed here with open arms. and maybe why he was taken out?

anewdomain.net...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes, anonymous sources is automatically something I am not interested in. Add in factual errors and the story has no credibility.

When it could just as easily be fake news as real news it's not worth taking seriously.

ETA:and to be clear I discount anonymous sources regardless of what side the story is about.
edit on 17-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sounds reasonable. I can see that he was well connected which might have gotten him residency quicker.

He was saying bad things about the prince, maybe he knew way too much about what is really going on and they were afraid that he would let out information that would hurt the Saudi leadership, especially since he went to work for the Washington Post. It probably was a planned assassination to stop any leaks of stuff going out. The Bush's were very involved with the Saudi's in the oil market, maybe there is way more to this story than anyone can imagine. This guy was in a position to know a lot of stuff, he was a threat after joining with WP. A threat for many high ranking officials worldwide. I would guess that this guys Uncle was not pleased that he had went to work for WP. He would know how dangerous that going against these powers would be.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Trump is too much of a pu55y to take on the Saudi's. They have him by the balls.

I don't think you understand the relationship we have with them.

A *Special relationship, it's partly why gas prices are the way they are here in the US. Not to mention support for much of national security policies abroad.

However, we did just sanction some Saudis and their own government has investigated, leading to time and death penalties.

However, are they the same ones? Meh, who knows.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I think people are making a lot of stuff up about his being more than just a guy with a green card. A permanent green card status is not the same as a Legal Resident of this country.

When they say US resident it only means that he was living here at the time. They want it to mean something more like suggesting the US needs to do something as if he was a citizen.
edit on 17-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

exactly.

well.. he's a reality tv president, in way over his head - bless his heart. yay us.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

When they say US resident it only means that he was living here at the time.
It means something more than that.

Lawful permanent residents are legally accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States.

www.uscis.gov...

edit on 11/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

exactly.

well.. he's a reality tv president, in way over his head - bless his heart. yay us.

Apparently a reality TV star is what many Americans wanted, you know a good honest leader with high morals who will get the job done...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Lawful permanent residents are legally accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States.

www.uscis.gov...

I keep seeing the term US resident and not anything saying permanent residence. Might be the same thing, but there are a lot of people here on visas living here.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

www.uscis.gov...
I have not seen any official evidence that he was a lawful permanent resident yet on the net. Only that he was granted a permanent visa here, which is not the same.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You doubt the word of the president?

During a media availability last Thursday, Trump downplayed Khashoggi’s disappearance by saying, “Again, this took place in Turkey, and to the best of our knowledge Khashoggi is not a US citizen, is that right? He’s a permanent resident, okay… as to whether we should stop $110 billion from being spent in this country, that would not be acceptable to me.”

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

How does Clinton go from a real estate scam investigation to committing perjury for sperm on a blue dress, as example.

Simple - he lied

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Last I checked people responsible are getting punished.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

He didn't have a permanent visa. He had a temporary one iirc.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You doubt the word of the president?

During a media availability last Thursday, Trump downplayed Khashoggi’s disappearance by saying, “Again, this took place in Turkey, and to the best of our knowledge Khashoggi is not a US citizen, is that right? He’s a permanent resident, okay… as to whether we should stop $110 billion from being spent in this country, that would not be acceptable to me.”

thinkprogress.org...

I don't happen to read everything written...so doubting is not it. As a green card holder what do you see as a proper response here? Do you see citizen and green card holder one and the same in a situation like this? Then it gets rather weird when he is a citizen of the country that killed him, and most likely not an illegal act there..lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join