It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump admin evaluates sending exiled cleric to Turkey to appease them on the murder of journalist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Remember Michael Flynn? Flynn was Trump's National Security Advisor for about 3 weeks before he was forced out for lying.[1] Michael Flynn wrote an op-ed that was published on Trump's innaguration day arguing that Turkish cleric Fethullah Gülen should be extradicted to Turkey.[2] During the 3 weeks he was on the job for the Trump administration he spoke with Turkish officials about the possibility of extradicting Gulen.[3] After Flynn was fired not much was heard about him until the beginning of the Mueller investigation.

Early on in the Mueller investigation it was reported that Mueller was investigating an alleged plot to kidnap the Turkish cleric and transfer him to a Turkish Prison island.[4] The plot involved the direct involvment of Flynn and his son and they were to be paid $15 million for their involvment.[4] According to reports Mueller actually has evidence that proves Flynn's involvment in the aforementioned scheme.[5]

Now fast forward to present day. US resident Jamal Khashoggi was killed while in Turkey visiting a Saudi embassy.[6] The CIA claims that the murder was directed by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.[7] Now according to reports the Trump administration has brought back up the possibility of extradicting Gulen to placate the Turkish government's tensions toward Saudi Arabia.[8]

NBC News reported Thursday that the Trump administration is looking for ways to remove Turkish religious scholar Fethullah Gulen as a way to placate Turkey over the killing of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, citing two senior U.S. officials and two others briefed on the requests. NBC reported the consideration includes directions to the Justice Department and FBI to reopen an extradition case.

So, Saudi Arabia kills a US resident at the direction of the Crown Prince and the Trump administration's answer is to send another man to be executed on trumped up charges, in order to ease tensions(The State Department has never been provided adequate evidence backing up the Turkish governments claims about Gulen)? I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense, unless Saudi Arabia has something hanging over Trump's head that is preventing him from calling them out.

[1]Michael Flynn Resigns as National Security Adviser

[2]Our ally Turkey is in crisis and needs our support

[3]Ex-CIA Director: Mike Flynn and Turkish Officials Discussed Removal of Erdogan Foe From U.S.

[4]Ex-Trump aide Flynn investigated over plot to kidnap Turkish dissident – report

[5]Mueller Has Enough Evidence to Bring Charges in Flynn Investigation

[6]Jamal Khashoggi's murder shows that the cynics have won

[7]CIA reportedly concludes Saudi crown prince ordered assassination of Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi

[8]State Department says U.S. is evaluating Turkish materials on Fethullah Gulen
edit on 17-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: edited for mistaken facts

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Rumor right?

From your CBS story:

"The NSC has not been involved in nor aware of any discussions relating the extradition of Fethullah Gulen to the death of Jamal Khashoggi," a spokesperson for the National Security Council told CBS News.

State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told reporters that Gulen and the question of the Saudis are unrelated, and claimed reports have tried to "conflate the two."

However, the Justice Department said it was unaware of any discussions about extraditing Gulen to Turkey.

"The Justice Department has not been involved in nor aware of any discussions relating the extradition of Fethullah Gulen to the death of Jamal Khashoggi," Nicole Navas Oxman, a Justice Department spokesperson, told CBS News.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Khashoggi was not an American citizen, he was a Saudi citizen and was bound to their laws and governance when out of this country.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Your facts are just all wrong first and foremost he was not a US citizen. He was a Saudi Citizen and was going to the embassy to discuss him being allowed to return to Saudi Arabia or so he thought any way.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I guess the Turks are annoyed that they don't feel in control of their own land because someone was killed in an embassy in their country and they can't extradite the criminals. Getting someone else extradited lets their government regain face.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Rumor right?

From your CBS story:

"The NSC has not been involved in nor aware of any discussions relating the extradition of Fethullah Gulen to the death of Jamal Khashoggi," a spokesperson for the National Security Council told CBS News.

State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told reporters that Gulen and the question of the Saudis are unrelated, and claimed reports have tried to "conflate the two."

However, the Justice Department said it was unaware of any discussions about extraditing Gulen to Turkey.

"The Justice Department has not been involved in nor aware of any discussions relating the extradition of Fethullah Gulen to the death of Jamal Khashoggi," Nicole Navas Oxman, a Justice Department spokesperson, told CBS News.

Uh, no. Not a rumor. The State Department has confirmed that the US is looking into it. Your quotes said that the National Security Council and the Justice Department are not involved. I didn't claim either were involved.

That is like saying well the Forestry Service says they aren't looking into it so it must be a rumor. Come on, seriously?

The State Department on Thursday said the U.S. is reviewing materials presented by the Turkish government, amid a report that the U.S. is exploring the possibility of removing an enemy of Turkish President Recep Erdogan from the U.S.

NBC News reported Thursday that the Trump administration is looking for ways to remove Turkish religious scholar Fethullah Gulen as a way to placate Turkey over the killing of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, citing two senior U.S. officials and two others briefed on the requests.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
DP
edit on 17-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your facts are just all wrong first and foremost he was not a US citizen. He was a Saudi Citizen and was going to the embassy to discuss him being allowed to return to Saudi Arabia or so he thought any way.

I misspoke and you are correct. He is NOT a US citizen, he is a US resident that was seeking citizenship.

Since moving to the US, Khashoggi has been a US ‘resident’ as he is employed and lives in the country.

However, he is not a citizen, but he was allegedly in the process of applying for citizenship before he was killed.

In the mean time, Khashoggi was living in the US on the basis of an ‘O-Visa’ which is awarded to individuals of “extraordinary ability and achievement”.

While not a citizen himself, three of his children are, and these facts have led people to state the US government owes Khashoggi justice.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wow, when I don't think the bar can be set any lower, SMDH.

This OP is riddled with so many errors you should be ashamed of yourself for pushing fake news, wait...you're a leftist, nvm.

He was a "Resident" of the US and NOT a citizen.

Ugh, no star, no flag 😪

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I DO remember Flynn.

He was the guy that had as his first priority as National Security Advisor a complete audit of the Intelligence Agencies.

The first one since the mid 1970's. He had a lot of enemies in the Intel Community and with his work background knew where to find the dirt.

Didn't even take them 3 weeks to catch him in a perjury trap.

I know, I know... coincidence.

As for the OP, a bunch of strung together leftist hopes pinned on the idea that Khashoggi was a US citizen.

So Origional Poop....

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Rumor right?

From your CBS story:

Uh, no. Not a rumor.

A rumor most of the ignorant masses will automatically believe at face value. Then go run off and spread the word(rumor).

How does it feel perpetuating propaganda?
Good little drone. Sadly it won't fly here. Go post this crap on Reddit or Twitter.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Khashoggi is not a US citizen. Find better sources.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Rumor right?

From your CBS story:

Uh, no. Not a rumor.

A rumor most of the ignorant masses will automatically believe at face value. Then go run off and spread the word(rumor).

How does it feel perpetuating propaganda?
Good little drone. Sadly it won't fly here. Go post this crap on Reddit or Twitter.

Anytime I post something that is bad for Trump it is a certainty that a certain subset of users here will defend him regardless of how well cited the information is. This subset of users will call it rumors or just flat out fake in order to ignore it. So much for denying ignorance. Like I have said before, 'wallow in ignorance' should be the motto for the Trumpets here.

You can't have it both ways. You call news that paints Trump in a negative light as 'propaganda' but then if it's positive news no matter how incredulous it happens to be you consider it the gospel truth. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Wow, when I don't think the bar can be set any lower, SMDH.

This OP is riddled with so many errors you should be ashamed of yourself for pushing fake news, wait...you're a leftist, nvm.

He was a "Resident" of the US and NOT a citizen.

Ugh, no star, no flag 😪

Fixed it for you, like I have told you before, if I am wrong I admit it unlike you. So other than mistakenly saying citizen instead of resident how about you lay out all those errors you claim I made.

Come on Arnie I know that little hamster can do it.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I DO remember Flynn.

He was the guy that had as his first priority as National Security Advisor a complete audit of the Intelligence Agencies.

The first one since the mid 1970's. He had a lot of enemies in the Intel Community and with his work background knew where to find the dirt.

Didn't even take them 3 weeks to catch him in a perjury trap.

I know, I know... coincidence.

As for the OP, a bunch of strung together leftist hopes pinned on the idea that Khashoggi was a US citizen.

So Origional Poop....

I don't think you understand how perjury works. It's not how the President described it, you can't mistake the weather and get in trouble for perjury. In order to be guilty of perjury the prosecution has to prove that you willfully told an untruth it can't be an accident. In order to not be guilty of perjury, it's simple, don't lie.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Khashoggi was not an American citizen, he was a Saudi citizen and was bound to their laws and governance when out of this country.

Well they say he was a "US resident" and so that is the left's way trying to pin this to Trump with some weird form of validity...lol

edit on 17-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I don't think you understand how perjury works. It's not how the President described it, you can't mistake the weather and get in trouble for perjury. In order to be guilty of perjury the prosecution has to prove that you willfully told an untruth it can't be an accident. In order to not be guilty of perjury, it's simple, don't lie.

It is funny how in the end they always go to perjury...That is their ace in the hole. Ask a 1000 questions, go way off the topic at hand and then use perjury for something that is not even remotely a part of the investigation. I'm not saying this is a left or right thing since both sides will use it if they are holding that stick. How does Clinton go from a real estate scam investigation to committing perjury for sperm on a blue dress, as example.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

no, he's not a citizen, he's a resident who worked for a prominent US based newspaper. I'm not sure just how that would make what happened any better??? here's a few more interesting facts, if you are to believe the media reports... which why shouldn't you, heck it seems that I could make up any lame-brained story about hillary and people would accept it without question.
first.... our intelligence had picked up chatter that seemed to indicate that they planned on killing him and had an obligation to warn him. it's questionable weather or not they did.
and second, it was another saudi prince working for their embassy here that told him he had to go to the turkish embassy to get the paperwork he needed so he could remarry.

but, the op left out one tidbit of info...
the return or our people that were held by the turkish...
so, first we have the journalist being sent, probably without being warned of the danger, to the saudi embassy in turkey to be killed and we don't seem to be doing much about it really.
then we have our people returned to us from turkey...
and now that that is done, the third part of this exchange. I was wondering what turkey was expecting to get out of this..
they get Gulen so they will stop complaining about the murder happening on their land.

seems like if everything goes according to plan, everyone will be happy, except of course, a couple of the chips that are exchanging hands.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This is some SKULLDUGGERY!
Wonkette as an excellent article on this plot!

NBC reports that the Trump administration is so desperate to resume normal relations with Jared Kushner's BFF MBS that they're trying to trade 77-year-old cleric Fetullah Gülen -- a lawful resident of Pennsylvania for 20 years -- to the Turkish government in exchange for them dropping the inquiry into the Khashoggi murder.

Trump administration officials last month asked federal law enforcement agencies to examine legal ways of removing exiled Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen in an attempt to persuade Erdogan to ease pressure on the Saudi government, the four sources said.

The effort includes directives to the Justice Department and FBI that officials reopen Turkey's case for his extradition, as well as a request to the Homeland Security Department for information about his legal status, the four people said.

These lunatics are 100 percent serious! Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been desperate to get his hands on Gülen for a decade. Blaming Gülen for the 2016 coup against his government, Erdogan offered Michael Flynn $15 million to kidnap the reclusive cleric and black helicopter him out of the country. And now the Trump government is so intent upon sweeping the Khashoggi murder under the rug before the Turks get pissed and release the audio tape that we're contemplating handing Gülen over for certain torture and imprisonment?

TL, DR? The Saudis assassinated a US person, and the Turks got proof of it. The Turks have everyone's nuts in a wringer, and they're squeezing for concessions or they'll spill the beans on Jared Kushner's pal MBS. Jared and his father-in-law are desperate to protect the Saudis and stop Turkey from making such a stink that the US Congress is forced to invoke Magnitsky sanctions, which would put a crimp in US arms sales to the Saudi kingdom. So the Trump administration wants to hand over another US person, despite the fact that he will certainly be murdered if Erdogan gets his hands on him. And maybe we'll extradite someone who can testify in the Mueller investigation, too. Sure, why not!
www.wonkette.com...

You can't make this stuff up!

edit on 17-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It means if you are wrong on what is known then I'm not inclined to believe your anonymous sources say portion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join