It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Kamala Harris compares ICE to the KKK.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I've never, ever talked to an American citizen that thought, not having an immigration enforcement within our borders was a good idea, EVER.

Me neither. But you seem to be missing the point.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"I'm afraid they will deport me for being here illegally"
Epic boo hoo.
So terribly racist or does she not know the actual history of the KKK?
I fail to see how anyone like Harris ever gets elected to anything.
edit on 18-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: BlackJackal
Yeah I’ll take that ‘survey’ with a grain of salt.

Thanks.

So you make a claim that most Americans view ICE favorably. I provide evidence to refute your unsupported claim and the best you can do is 'take the evidence with a grain of salt'. How about you provide evidence of your claims. That is how intelligent debate is done. You don't just make up crap that you assume is correct.

You haven't provided jack for evidence, nothing, nada, zilch. So stop toot'n your horn and come off your high horse as though you actually think you know what you're talking about, because you don't. I've read enough of your insult laden and divisive post to know, you don't have a clue.

You seriously think a survey/poll, which is nothing more than the opinions of a targeted demographic that just happen to see and partake of said survey is "Evidence"? You're delusional and very uneducated, if, as you say, "That is how intelligent debate is done" because it's not. So heed your own advice, "You don't just make up crap that you assume is correct".

Sure buddy, sure.

I consider polls from the Pew Research Center, one of the most respected research centers in the world, to be much more informative than the singular opinion of any random user from an internet board. I suppose you are arguing that the opinion of yourself and Breakthestreak are more valid than the poll of a well respected institute?

Like I told Breakthestreak provide evidence, links and facts, not opinions and then we can talk. That is how intelligent debate is done. But, wait...... you said that is very uneducated and delusional. By all means, please tell me if intelligent debate is not done with evidence and facts how is it done? Opinions and guesses?

Or should I listen to you and just throw opinions back and forth?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
MORE THAN 50% of ICE employees are of Hispanic/ South American ethnicity.

How very KKKesque of them.

What a stupid person she is.

edit on 18 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

(Sorry, more than 50% of ICE’s Border Patrol Agents are of Hispanic/Central and South American ethnicity)

So they pretty much ARE the KKK
edit on 18 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I've never, ever talked to an American citizen that thought, not having an immigration enforcement within our borders was a good idea, EVER.

Me neither. But you seem to be missing the point.

Nope I'm not. You're welcome to try and explain it to us, in your best condescending tone you can, why we don't need immigration enforcement, I'm all ears. Because this is the bottom line to the topic at hand isn't it? Minus all the rhetorical fluffy BS you guys like beating to a pulp.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The point is that Harris was asking questions about public perceptions of ICE. Not about immigration enforcement.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: BlackJackal
Yeah I’ll take that ‘survey’ with a grain of salt.

Thanks.

So you make a claim that most Americans view ICE favorably. I provide evidence to refute your unsupported claim and the best you can do is 'take the evidence with a grain of salt'. How about you provide evidence of your claims. That is how intelligent debate is done. You don't just make up crap that you assume is correct.

You haven't provided jack for evidence, nothing, nada, zilch. So stop toot'n your horn and come off your high horse as though you actually think you know what you're talking about, because you don't. I've read enough of your insult laden and divisive post to know, you don't have a clue.

You seriously think a survey/poll, which is nothing more than the opinions of a targeted demographic that just happen to see and partake of said survey is "Evidence"? You're delusional and very uneducated, if, as you say, "That is how intelligent debate is done" because it's not. So heed your own advice, "You don't just make up crap that you assume is correct".

Sure buddy, sure.

I consider polls from the Pew Research Center, one of the most respected research centers in the world, to be much more informative than the singular opinion of any random user from an internet board. I suppose you are arguing that the opinion of yourself and Breakthestreak are more valid than the poll of a well respected institute?

Like I told Breakthestreak provide evidence, links and facts, not opinions and then we can talk. That is how intelligent debate is done. But, wait...... you said that is very uneducated and delusional. By all means, please tell me if intelligent debate is not done with evidence and facts how is it done? Opinions and guesses?

Or should I listen to you and just throw opinions back and forth?

I don't GAF what you consider to be valid research, just because that's what YOU think, doesn't make it true now does it? You're trying to pass this off as evidence, it's not and please don't make me have to try and explain to you AGAIN why it isn't. Believe what you want, I believe you don't have the capacity for a intelligent debate on this subject.

JHC no wonder this country's a fricken mess.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The point is that Harris was asking questions about public perceptions of ICE. Not about immigration enforcement.

Try and keep up Phage, the discussion moved on. My post have been in responses to BJ's "poll" about Americans general consensus to ICE and the fact that he wants to pass it off as proof of evidence and it's not, period.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Understood, but you do realize that any public perception of "ICE", good or bad, is going to be founded by the actual actions of Immigration enforcement.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

My post have been in responses to BJ's "poll" about Americans general consensus to ICE and the fact that he wants to pass it off as proof of evidence and it's not, period.
You mean the poll about public perceptions about ICE? Then why did you say this:

Because that's something else.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ummm, because you asked me how I based my opinion and I told you. I was under the assumption that you were up to speed about the discussion at hand. You were not, my bad to assume you were paying attention. I suggest going to pg.1 and re reading the thread if you're confused about what's being said.

I also don't need any more of your one liner questions that've already been answered. I'm trying to recover from a massive heart attack a few days ago so I'm done going in circles with ya's. mate

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Ummm, because you asked me how I based my opinion and I told you.

Your answer had nothing to do with the question. My question was, upon what did you base your opinion that most people have a positive perception of ICE. My question was not, do most people think that there should be no enforcement of immigration law within our borders.

The survey concerned the former, not the latter. You have conflated (or confused) two different things.

edit on 11/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ummm, because you asked me how I based my opinion and I told you.

My question was, upon what did you base your opinion that most people have a positive perception of ICE.

You didn't ask me that question, you asked me this, "Upon what do you base your opinion? " I told you based on the conversation I was addressing about the poll not the OP.

Have fun, I'm out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join