It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Kamala Harris compares ICE to the KKK.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Americacould rollnin and take over and set up a new governement. That usually doesn’t work to well, so Mexico needs to make Mexico great again

Every time we do that it costs us 2 trillion and nothing actually happens..

Oh BTW HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT!!!
edit on 17-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It’s still disgusting of her to even bring it up.

It’s irrelevant how some low-iq, low-info morons ‘percieve’ ICE. Irrelevant.

Did she mention that some individuals ‘perceive’ ICE as an extremely fine example of an enforcement agency?

She’s a moron and should never have mentioned her pathetic supporters uninformed viewpoints.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Right. Does that terminology apply to anyone who does not think the way you do?

But I don't think it's irrelevant at all. I think perception has quite a lot with how law enforcement can conduct its business. Since law enforcement depends, in good part, on help from the public. Would you agree?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Right. Does that terminology apply to anyone who does not think the way you do?

But I don't think it's irrelevant at all. I think perception has quite a lot with how law enforcement can conduct its business. Since law enforcement depends, in good part, on help from the public. Would you agree?

I do. But when there a TINY percentage of clowns who perceive ICE as the fricken KKK, she should not be bringing it up.

It’s a pathetic move to garner media attention and feed the low-iq voters with more disinformation.
If ONE person perceives the FBI the same as ISIS then a politician shouldn’t be bringing that up as “did you know the FBI is viewed the same as ISIS?”

It was a stupid thing to do. And yes, it’s irrelevant that a tiny number of idiots think that ICE is running around in hoods targeting black people for execution. You know, like the KKK

Best to just leave idiotic opinions out of official meetings.

Or did I miss the part where she also said “do you know that ICE is perceived as a very good law enforcement agency as well?”

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
And the terminology applies to anyone who thinks that ICE is in any way similar to the fricken KKK

Low-iq morons. To put it lightly

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Or did I miss the part where she also said “do you know that ICE is perceived as a very good law enforcement agency as well?”

Why would she? She wasn't there to praise ICE, she was there to confirm someone for an important position in the agency.

HARRIS: [interrupting] Sir, how can you be the head of an agency and be unaware of how your agency is perceived by certain communities?

VITIELLO: There’s a lot of perceptions in the media and in the public that are incorrect about the agency and what it does-

HARRIS: [interrupting] But the perception exists, would you agree, whether or not it’s correct? And wouldn’t you agree then that if that perception exists, there might need to be some work done to correct the perception?

VITIELLO: I do want to advocate for the workforce that the vital public safety mission that they have to protect the homeland [sic], and I think more people need to know how valuable they are to the society, so I agree with you on that.

edit on 11/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
She wasn’t there to denigrate ICE either.

Did she ask if he was also unaware that certain communities views ICE in a very positive light? What’s the difference? Should he not be aware that ICE is viewed positively by the majority of people? If he’s not aware of ICE’s positive reputation then how can he be in charge of the organisation?

I just think the bit about the fricken KKK could have been worded differently. Like without using KKK and maybe just using the term ‘viewed in a negative light’ or something. Only a total moron could possibly link ICE to an organisation like the KKK so why give it a voice at all?

But that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

edit on 17 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: Because autocorrect wrote ‘orgy’ instead of ‘organisation ‘

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I just think the bit about the fricken KKK could have been worded differently. Like without using KKK and maybe just using the term ‘viewed in a negative light’ or something.
Maybe it had something to do with a prior question.

HARRIS: I think you would agree as a member of law enforcement that law enforcement generally speaking —and certainly it would be the case with ICE officers and agents — that a great deal of your power is discretionary. You have limited resources and you make decisions about what you’re gonna do, but you exercise a great deal of discretion in terms of how you are going to use the limited resources and how you are gonna prioritize them.

And then, understanding that, I think you would also agree that one’s perspective and their bias, if they have bias, will influence their exercise of discretion in terms of the power they have and how it will be used and implemented. So I want to return to the question that Senator Peters asked you about the statement you made describing the Democratic Party as “liberalcratic” or “NeoKlanist,” which was -- I think the assumption there was that you were comparing it to the Klu, Ku Klux Klan -- Klu [sic] Klux Klan, the KKK. So, you said in response to his question, you’re sorry because the words caused offense. So, would you not be sorry if no one was offended by your words?

VITIELLO: No, it was wrong to do.

HARRIS: Why was it wrong?

VITIELLO: Because those are offensive words.

HARRIS: Why are they offensive?

VITIELLO: Because they have history in this country and, and -- I, I honestly didn’t mean it that way.

It's called a line of questioning. And it reached it's conclusion with Vitiello agreeing that the public perception of the agency is important.

Later, Harris said this:

So I understand your point that you want to defend the honor of the good men and women working in the agency. I appreciate that point. I know the vast majority of the men and women who work in the agency do a noble and good job. I'm not would understand that when you use words such as the words -- [ no audio ] the work of the individuals there and it is harmful in terms of those who are innocent people, arriving at our borders, fleeing harm, it is harmful to them if they feel they will not be treated by the united states government with dignity and fairness. Do you see that?

source
edit on 11/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Maybe it did have to do with the line of questioning.

The public perception of ICE is positive.
edit on 17 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You are correct that it is not a direct comparison. I understand what she is attempting to convey that Trump administration's immigration policies are doing harm to the credibility of the organization as a whole. However, I don't agree with using an extreme comparison in order to make that point.

It is my opinion the use of such language very rarely if ever has the intended impact. Instead it serves to further polarize an already divided nation.
edit on 17-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Maybe it did have to do with the line of questioning.

The public perception of ICE is positive.

No, sorry you are not correct. More American's view ICE unfavorably than favorably.

The survey revealed that 47 percent of Americans have an unfavorable view of the immigration agency, while 44 percent have a favorable view.

The survey also shows that 28 percent of Americans have a "very unfavorable" view of the agency, while 19 percent of respondents have a "very favorable" view of it.

Views largely split along political lines. Seventy-two percent of Republican respondents view ICE favorably, while 72 percent of Democrats view the agency unfavorably.

Poll: Plurality of Americans view ICE unfavorably

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal
Yeah I’ll take that ‘survey’ with a grain of salt.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

However, I don't agree with using an extreme comparison in order to make that point.

Have you reviewed Harris'es entire line of questions? Do you know where the KKK reference came from?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Yea her line of questioning all resulted in her one grandstanding moment where she can draw a comparison that ice is illigal Immigrants kkk. All built up to one moment where she can get media attention and show herself as an ally to illigals.

She would shut down ice today if she could.

So you think Harris is neutral on this issue or something?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Thank you phage, I honestly didn’t know that it got to this point because of the words of Vitielllo. I was wrong, it was the Trump appointee that sent it down this road not Harris.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Thanks.

So you make a claim that most Americans view ICE favorably. I provide evidence to refute your unsupported claim and the best you can do is 'take the evidence with a grain of salt'. How about you provide evidence of your claims. That is how intelligent debate is done. You don't just make up crap that you assume is correct.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Thanks.

So you make a claim that most Americans view ICE favorably. I provide evidence to refute your unsupported claim and the best you can do is 'take the evidence with a grain of salt'. How about you provide evidence of your claims. That is how intelligent debate is done. You don't just make up crap that you assume is correct.

You haven't provided jack for evidence, nothing, nada, zilch. So stop toot'n your horn and come off your high horse as though you actually think you know what you're talking about, because you don't. I've read enough of your insult laden and divisive post to know, you don't have a clue.

You seriously think a survey/poll, which is nothing more than the opinions of a targeted demographic that just happen to see and partake of said survey is "Evidence"? You're delusional and very uneducated, if, as you say, "That is how intelligent debate is done" because it's not. So heed your own advice, "You don't just make up crap that you assume is correct".

edit on 18-11-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Upon what do you base your opinion?
From where does your claim come?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: mtnshredder

Upon what do you base your opinion?
From where does your claim come?

I've never, ever talked to an American citizen that thought, not having an immigration enforcement within our borders was a good idea, EVER. Not ones that worked anyway. I'm sure there out there but i'll be damned if I ever met them. Thats just one way I've based my opinion

If some of you'll want to continue giving your jobs as well as this country away it's your right, I suppose, but it's also my right and what I feet to be my civic duty to help stop and prevent this from happening. I'm about 99.9% certain that most hard working American Citizens would suggest you go find another country to call home and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

edit on 18-11-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Kelly Ann may have just ironically anointed her. They sound worried

“This is what happens when people have absolutely nothing substantive to offer aspirationally for their 2020 campaign. They can’t seem to figure out how to defeat Donald Trump…So they try to do it by having these viral moments, trying to embarrass and harass and harangue people under oath.”

...Conway then said she didn’t want to spend too much time on Harris because “I work for the president of the United States who like the vice president, Mike Pence, are the only two people guaranteed to be on the ballot in 2020 and the only ones truly still focused on 2018.”

Then, after Conway insisted people got enough of Harris during the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, Pirro jumped to say Harris’ “job is to trash anyone who is part of the administration” before moving on.

I love watching people trying to make something out of nothing. I listened to the whole thing - she said nothing wrong. Maybe some are beginning to see that they are the party of the KKK in some people's eyes. Right or wrong. Perception is everything

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join