It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Kamala Harris compares ICE to the KKK.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
During hearings with President Trump's pick to lead ICE Kamala Harris had this to say:

Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels [with the KKK]?

“What is the history that would then make those words wrong?” the Democrat then asked, prompting Vitiello to say that the KKK would be labeled as a domestic terrorist group by today’s standards and was motivated by race and ethnicity.

But Vitiello pushed back against Harris’ line of questioning, saying “I do not see any parallels” between the immigration enforcement agency and the white supremacist group and inquired whether she was asking him if the two were in the same category.

“No, I'm very specific in what I'm asking you. Are you aware of a perception that the way that they ..." Harris went on, before the nominee snapped back saying, “I see none.”

“Are you aware that there is a perception that ICE is administering its power in a way that is causing fear and intimidation, particularly among immigrants and specifically among immigrants coming from Mexico and Central America?” she asked again.

Just like I have routinely called Donald Trump out for his harmful rhetoric I think this type of talk is exactly the same. ICE may have issues but they are in no way in the same category as the KKK. For Harris to compare the two does quite a bit of harm. This type of rhetoric is dangerous because it gives extremists a sense of justification. People like the guy who shot up the Republican softball game will view this as confirmation of their crazy beliefs. I'm not saying it will, but it could lead to someone perpetrating violence against ICE.

All Americans should stand up to this nonsense and call it out whenever it occurs.

LINK
edit on 17-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If you're a legal citizen you have nothing to fear from ICE.
How is that comparable in why way to the KKK?

What a loon.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

If you want to stop illegal immigration have foreign policies that help Mexico deal with the drug lords and lack of job opportunities. Let's make Mexico so good at jobs the 15 million illegals move back to Mexico!!!

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

What a loon.

The Democrat's field of 2020 Presidential contenders shrunk by 2 this week. Michael Avenatti and Kamala Harris. Poof!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The US has already invested much in Mexico, some at the expense of the US.

How about we get back to improving the US and just kick out illegals.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Unfortunately, the contractors who win the bids to do those improvements do it with illegal immigrant labor. Oh the irony!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I do believe this chick has ran off and joined the circus. If shes this stupid, just think how stupid the voters are for picking her for their team of political dodgeball. Shes the reason they invented birth control. Is it me or are all Dems in office this incredibly daft? I'd hate to think their agenda consists of this kind of rhetoric just for show. Think about that if its true. That would mean that they believe Americans are actually that dumb.....wait......ok never mind most of them are incredibly stupid.

Still shes a a**waffle and sniffs model airplane glue while licking Booker's forehead cause she never learned about sex the proper way and thinks babies are delivered by Fed Ex at Easter time.

Its safe to say I just don't like her and think she's a waste of flesh. No one is paying her to talk, which is how most of her relationships end up.

If it weren't for ICE she'd have more pissed off constituents than she does already and her argument would be moot. Don't get me wrong, this isn't political as much in the sense that I just cant stand tards. I'm neither republican nor democrat. Just can't stand people who blow their nose to the music cause they think it'll help them with the idiots who elected them.

Does she realize the KKK was a democrat pushed organization? See, told ya, she's stupid.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Not even surprised.

This is how the left thinks.

*shrugs*

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

You don't realize how bad it really is until you read a label that says made in China but in Spanish as its imported from Mexico? SO, we pay the Chinese to import their goods through Mexico as they then get shipped into the US. We do have ports right?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
She thinks the KKK is so evil and relevant today that she compares ICE to them.... yet she has no problem being part of the political party that basically founded the KKK.

Yeah... that makes a lot of sense.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: roadgravel

Unfortunately, the contractors who win the bids to do those improvements do it with illegal immigrant labor. Oh the irony!

No illegals , no irony

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
**shrug**

This is Kamala doin' what Kamala does... Nothing she says surprises me, anymore.

She is, unfortunately, speaking for too many people out there who view ICE in just that particular way.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ice is only going to kick out or arrest illegals, doesn't matter what color they are, they cannot touch a legal African American or Hispanic citizen or resident alien as long as their paperwork is up to date. You cannot compare them to the KKk, that is not even a relevant comparison.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: a325nt

What a loon.

The Democrat's field of 2020 Presidential contenders shrunk by 2 this week. Michael Avenatti and Kamala Harris. Poof!

Well,she does have to solidify her base.It will probably help her in that regard.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Antifa or BLM make a better comparison considering their and the KKK's political affiliation, violence, and blind hatred.

Much more relevant too considering the aforementioned actually are active and perpetrating violence upon the US citizens.

edit on 17-11-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ICE does not have unlimited resources so how do you deal with 10,000s that they detain each year. Take the whole child separation from the parents event. For some reason the left feels these kids living much better than they were as they traveled to the US were being tortured. They were in a safe and clean environment, received good food and medical attention, had people on hand to ensure all of this.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

ICE may have issues but they are in no way in the same category as the KKK. For Harris to compare the two does quite a bit of harm. This type of rhetoric is dangerous because it gives extremists a sense of justification. People like the guy who shot up the Republican softball game will view this as confirmation of their crazy beliefs. I'm not saying it will, but it could lead to someone perpetrating violence against ICE.

All Americans should stand up to this nonsense and call it out whenever it occurs.

Exactly. ICE aint doing no where near the ish that KKK did, like lynching people in front a violent fueled mob.

Kamala Harris been needed to shut the hell up. And she needs to shut the hell up now.
edit on 17-11-2018 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2018 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I actually agree Harris is a fool.

If the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate her for president then they deserve to lose.

Actually, though shes only saying this because her constituents are largely Latino.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Mexico can deal with who ever they want, they just don’t

Americacould rollnin and take over and set up a new governement. That usually doesn’t work to well, so Mexico needs to make Mexico great again

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Just like I have routinely called Donald Trump out for his harmful rhetoric I think this type of talk is exactly the same.

Is it rhetoric? Did you really hear the question she was asking or did you go with Vitiello's diversion? Do you think that there is not such a perception?

“Are you aware that there is a perception that ICE is administering its power in a way that is causing fear and intimidation, particularly among immigrants and specifically among immigrants coming from Mexico and Central America?”

It doesn't sound like she was making a comparison, but rather talking about how ICE is perceived by many. It sounds sort of like what some officers had to say a while back. They have trouble doing their job because of that perception among the public.

The letter signed by 19 special agents in charge urges Nielsen to split HSI from ICE, because anger at ERO immigration practices is harming the entire agency’s reputation and undermining other law enforcement agencies’ willingness to cooperate, the agents told Nielsen.

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 11/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join