It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fate of Matthew Whitaker as Acting Attorney General has Reached the Supreme Court.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: carewemust
Monday, November 19, 2018

This could be an indicator of what's coming soon...

President Trump on Sunday said he is giving acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker free rein over special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe, including limiting or shutting down the investigation.

“It’s going to be up to him,” Mr. Trump said in an interview aired on Fox News Sunday.” “I wouldn’t get involved.”
www.washingtontimes.com...

No wonder Democrat Senators filed a lawsuit today, to get Whitaker removed.
oh, that is interesting...

Yes...it's interesting. But I'm getting sick of the lack of ACTION. Certainly President Trump has to know that limitation statutes on crimes committed, are expiring one-by-one, as time passes. If we go into the 2019 with no action, I'll be forced to believe that President Trump has been compromised. Maybe an intel agency promised to kill his family, or something. (Their promises are good as gold.)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
For an Acting Attorney General who hasn't done anything, the mainstream media sure is attacking the guy. A Google search on "Whitaker" reveals that the MSM and Democrats are coming after Matthew Whitaker with everything they've got.

Source: www.google.com...:w&ei=f7P3W9HOBqbHjgSquJx4&start=0&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwiRipn1hereAhWmo4MKHSocBw84ChDy0wMIYg&biw=1536&bih=7 51

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Whats really sad is we never run out of material.

I know, right? Imagination is a powerful thing.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

For an Acting Attorney General who hasn't done anything, the mainstream media sure is attacking the guy.

That seems to be the best indicator what's going on: who is being attacked, for what, and how fiercely.

I have noticed that there is an abnormally large proportion of panic every time President Trump does anything with FBI implications. Sessions was attacked horribly, so much so that one Senator had to be censured. Then Comey went from being an evil cretin for hurting Hillary to a knight in shining armor as soon as Trump fired him. Strzok and Page were defended tooth and nail. When Sessions left, he was suddenly the Savior of the Universe, and now Whittaker is under direct attack.

And every time someone even thinks that there is a possibility in any of four hundred alternate realities that anyone might someday make a side comment about Mueller, it's on like Donkey Kong! Mueller is about the only establishment FBI guy left. Kinda telling if you ask me.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good analysis! Now we have the British Intelligence services on offence against President Trump.
www.rt.com...

And George Papadopoulos "spilling the beans", by disclosing what the intelligence services thought they could keep hidden!
twitter.com...

In response, Bob Mueller is urging the courts to lock Papadopoulos up.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

That would explain quite a bit about what's been going on with this Steele Dossier and the FICA.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The lawyers told the justices that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein should be the acting attorney general.

Well, it looks to me like Rosenstein yielded to Trump when he realized he was on the hook for the Democrats illegal actions during the election. So, having Rosenstein step in probably wont matter anyway!

I do like this though, Democrats finally getting a taste of their games and legal manipulations... they're freaking out because they have 0 power and as soon as the game starts slipping, its lost!
edit on 23/11/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

it might become one of those legal loopholes that would negate everything that occurred under the new acting AG's watch if it was decided later that he wasn't appointed legally. it's an issue that is beyond the right/left crapshow. if you are representing a client and have made it to the supreme court, you've and your client have spent alot of time... and money... to get there. if you have doubt that the decision that results from all that work will be valid because of this kind of technicality, then you would want that situation cleared up before you go any further. the last thing you would want is to have that decision thrown out and finding yourself having to start at the beginning and relitigate the case all over again.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

And regarding Matthew Whitaker, the things liberal media are freaking out over as NEGATIVE, are actually POSITIVE to society! This is a good read:

Analysis of Whitaker's positions/stances: www.powerlineblog.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Another salvo fired at Matthew Whitaker today. He is now under Federal Investigation for Hatch Act violations.

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
AAG Whitaker had better take care of this, before a so-called judge rules that he is ineligible to hold the Acting Attorney General position.

Because President Trump can't release a single SPYGATE-FISA related document until Bob Mueller is shut down.

Here's an EXCELLENT description of WHY that is the case.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Hopefully President Trump uses his Pardon power preemptively to thwart any attacks on this fine AG.

The fact he is under such heavy fire says he should be defended at all costs

Thankfully SCOTUS is likely to uphold the separation of powers. I believe something about recess appointments as well may apply, at least from memory

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Two Strikes by Democrats in attempting to unseat Matthew Whitaker.

Strike 3 is occurring right now, in slow-motion.

Unsuccessful in their attempt to pressure Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker into recusing himself from overseeing the Mueller Probe, the Democrats argued Whitaker’s appointment was unconstitutional under the Federal Vacancies Reform Act. Unfortunately for them, the DOJ shot down that contention as well.

Ever resourceful, Democrats have a new plan to vanquish their newest enemy. Liberal watchdog group, American Oversight (AO), filed a complaint last week with the Office of the Special Counsel (OSC) accusing Whitaker of violating the Hatch Act.
Source: www.countable.us...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Monday, November 26, 2018

The Department of Justice is requesting that the Supreme Court steer clear of the Matthew Whitaker "matter", for the time being...

The Justice Department is urging the Supreme Court to turn down — at least for now — a chance to weigh in on whether President Donald Trump acted legally when he installed former Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ chief of staff, Matthew Whitaker, as acting attorney general earlier this month after demanding Sessions’ resignation.

Litigants in several different courts have questioned the legality of Trump’s move, but Solicitor General Noel Francisco told the Supreme Court on Monday that it should stay out of the fray until lower courts had a chance to weigh in.

“No court — in this case or any other — has previously addressed the questions petitioner seeks to inject here,” Francisco wrote. “The Court therefore should decline petitioner’s request to address those matters in the first instance in this suit.”
Source: www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
November 27, 2018

Today, a Judge (federal judge?) ruled that Matthew Whitaker's appointment as Acting Attorney General is Constitutional.

Source: foxsanantonio.com...

I wonder how long it will take for the Anti-America terrorists in Mainstream Media to report this?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Then Comey went from being an evil cretin for hurting Hillary to a knight in shining armor as soon as Trump fired him. Strzok and Page were defended tooth and nail. When Sessions left, he was suddenly the Savior of the Universe, and now Whittaker is under direct attack.

And every time someone even thinks that there is a possibility in any of four hundred alternate realities that anyone might someday make a side comment about Mueller, it's on like Donkey Kong! Mueller is about the only establishment FBI guy left. Kinda telling if you ask me.

TheRedneck

The house top 25 things they want to accomplish pretty much has Trump's name on each of them. One of them is to hold Trump accountable for obstruction of justice in firing Comey, but then we have crap like this...lol

edit on 27-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

November 27, 2018

Today, a Judge (federal judge?) ruled that Matthew Whitaker's appointment as Acting Attorney General is Constitutional.

Source: foxsanantonio.com...

I wonder how long it will take for the Anti-America terrorists in Mainstream Media to report this?

This IS good news!

I must watch my sarcasm....

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Democrats are guaranteeing themselves a huge loss of power in 2020. The vast majority didn't campaign in their local districts with promises of "We'll get Trump!". Not even nutjob Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is obsessed like Waters, Pelosi and Cummings are to hurt the U.S. President.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Actually, Obama made his share of recess appointments, too.

www.everycrsreport.com...

So did the other presidents ... It's not like Whitaker will hold this post for long. His appointment is temporary until the Senate can confirm a new permanent appointment.

Now I suppose if the Democrats want to slow this down and keep the temp in place, they'll do their best to torpedo every single appointment for the permanent position Trump makes, but who am I fooling? They already have their #MeToo letters filed and waiting. All they need to do is fill in the relevant names.
edit on 27-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Democrats are guaranteeing themselves a huge loss of power in 2020. The vast majority didn't campaign in their local districts with promises of "We'll get Trump!". Not even nutjob Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is obsessed like Waters, Pelosi and Cummings are to hurt the U.S. President.

Take illegals, what is their plan? Trump has already shown he is willing to work with the left, but they don't want him to have any any success in a effort to take 2020...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join