It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What or who is the Black Pope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From reading a few other posts there have been mention of a black pope. When they say black, I don't think they mean African but someone who is evil? Could someone elaborate.
Thanx a bizillion

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
He's got soul. He's got rhythm. He's gonna put the (white) devil in his place! Let's give it up for the black pope!

PS I need sleep.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The black pope was the head of the order of the Jesuits. They had become very powerful and were seen as a challenge to papal authority. Ultimately the papacy won and disbanded them 'forever'. But then reconstituted them not too long after. I don't know if the original members were in it. Perhaps it was remade in order to put the old one to rest, in a sense.

Others talk about a 'black pope' as an evil pope.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
from what i've heard locally, he will be the next pope. he will not be evil. he will just dress in dark colors, mainly black. a local guy name Dr. Lynch is on a local radio show every tuesday were they do Paranormal Tuesdays....

according to Dr. Lynch, the Black Pope is next in line, and will be in power for 6 months (maybe a little more and maybe a little less...).

after that Paul the Roman will be appointed and then usher in the revelation.

i will see if i can dig up dr. lynch's website..

www.paravision.homestead.com...

was last updated on jan 31st....he talked about this not this past tuesday, but two tuesdays ago....

[edit on 25-2-2005 by muzscman]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

He's got soul. He's got rhythm. He's gonna put the (white) devil in his place! Let's give it up for the black pope!

LMAO
Has anyone seen the movie "The Order"?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No but is the order any good?

Here here!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i liked the order it was very weird but kinda made sense at the time.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I liked it. I thought it was an interesting movie because it's a movie about a sineater. I've never heard a sineater before this movie.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The black Pope is Hans Kolvenbach.

Read all about him here:

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Um, I thought the Black Pope was a nick Name for The late Anton La Vey, the former high priest of the Church Of Satan?

www.churchofsatan.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In the movie "The Order" I thought it was cool that there could be a sin eater. Is this mythology or did these individuals exist at one time during Europes past. If so, athiest's could make alot of money absorbing sins from others even in this day & age.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Anton Lavey, author of the Satanic Bible has been refered to as th black pope.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There's a story today about the possibility of an African Pope....

cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

Africa Asks if Time Right for African Pope

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) - Many Africans think it's time for an African pope.

They say having a black at the top would anchor the Roman Catholic Church among the world's poor - signaling that the Vatican aims to lead the fight against inequality and disease, offering a hope of salvation in this world as well as the next.

And, they add, it would recognize that the church is gravitating away from the ailing parishes and empty pews of Europe to focus on vibrant congregations to the south.

Cardinal Francis Arinze of Nigeria is among those mentioned most often around the Vatican as potential successors to John Paul II, although he is considered a long shot by most accounts, even among Africans.

Yeah I don't think it'll happen either. Not this time. But hey, who knows....

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Read all about it here:

www.drudgereport.com...

He's the favorite, according to the news.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well if a Pope from africa is elected pope soon, it will give a whole new meaning to black pope.

Then the black pope you are thinking about will have to consider changing his title. Perhaps to The Jesuit General.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If anything, IMHO the Pope should be arab. It could create some much more needed peace in the middle east. Considering...oh let's see...Jesus, St. Peter, Paul and all the rest of the apostoles were arab/semetic, it'd be fitting. Maybe I'm biased because I'm part of the few catholic arab communites(Chaldean). But I believe the next pope will most likely be Cardinal Francis Arinze, I think he's from Nigeria if I'm not mistaken. And oh yeah, Malachy predicted the last pope to be Peter the Roman.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The Black Pope is this a reference to the Cardinal in Africa ....if so he is to be a lower ranked contender for the thrown isnt he. Then again I heard it said that John Paul 2 coming from Poland wouldnt make it and look how well he rose in the ranks and the love of his flock. I think however a Black Pope is as close as a Black President in the United States ....dont get me wrong I dont hold anything against black people ...They like i are children of God despite our skin color. I still cant see it happening right now with all the warring thats going on that would most assuredly irritate many of those who John Paul 2 had tamed by deplomacy.

This is mainly because Africa is realatively a small part and newer part to the church and as such the respect is not yet earned by them from more powerful and promanent religions around the world. I think the biggest problem shall lie with an objection by Bush because of the termoil Bush is nosing into over the genocide issues, where in Christains are a hated and hunted people .... Bush and many in the Vatican will see this as an un welcome distraction right now, as retaliation most assuredly would follow from those who hunt Catholic Christains etc in Africa.

[edit on 5/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

top topics

join