It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abrams says she can't win, ends challenge in Ga.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I agree. There are a lot of us who don't like this.

We don't want a world where we have to wake up and suddenly hate our neighbors or even our spouses because they have a different skin color or sex or pray differently than we do.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: je55ejame5

Interesting considering the only presidential candidates your party could muster in 2016 were old and white.

The Republicans had a diverse slate and out of the top runners, you had two Hispanics and one African American garnering a combined majority of votes, just not enough individually to beat Trump.

LOL yeah but your party always runs the token woman or minority yet you guys always end up with the white male.

Whereas in the Democratic party, there is a chance that someone besides a white male can win the nomination but everyone knows that it will always be the white male when it comes to the Repubs.
No one is ever surprised on who wins the nomination when it comes to the Republicans.

edit on 16-11-2018 by je55ejame5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Je55e we understand that the majority of republican representatives are white and male.
But NONE of them were voted for because they are white and male.

Do you vote based on race and gender or do you actually think about the promises the candidates make?

You are assuming that the diverse winners in the democratic party are not qualified, would that not be considered racist?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CharlesT

a reply to: headorheart

She is a racist who deserved to lose.

*shrugs*

"You don't need to go home, but you can't stay here!"

I'm sure this is a controversial attitude and I will probably catch hell for saying this but it's been my observation that the most prejudiced are the minorities. I perceive blacks and latinos to be x times more racially prejudiced than caucasians.

Let the condemnation begin.

It's been my personal observation that leftists are far more racist than any other partisan/ideological group.

That's true too.
edit on 16-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

There goes the car insurance rates !! 😬

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

No. It wouldn’t be considered racist. Not in the slightest.

It means they have good policy that people want.

Do you understand this term: ‘policy’?

edit on 16 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

There are 23 Women Republicans in the House next year.

😎

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

*shrugs*

I'm sure this is a controversial attitude and I will probably catch hell for saying this but it's been my observation that the most prejudiced are the minorities. I perceive blacks and latinos to be x times more racially prejudiced than caucasians.

It's been my personal observation that leftists are far more racist than any other partisan/ideological group.

Its been my personal observation that leftists are straight up communists and in general straight up A-holes.
edit on 16-11-2018 by agenda51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

So where were your diverse people with good policies? I am sure some ran, so where were they?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Je55e,

DONT vote for people just because of their race or gender. THATS racist, sexist and moronic.

Have a listen to their campaign promises and if you like what they are saying, give them your vote. If they just happen to be white males, so be it. What does it matter if they’re white?

link   

originally posted by: agenda51

*shrugs*

Its been my personal observation that leftists are straight up communists and in general straight up A-holes.

Not a communists but I am probably the second one.

link   

You still don't get it.

Those things aren't attractive.

What matters is policy, not superficial characteristics. You're as bad as old super-race, ubermensch man himself with this.

You are making the mistake that only someone who looks like you can ever truly represent you because that magically confers the same life experiences.

Guess what, cupcake, we're all individuals. No one else, no matter how much like you they look, has your life experiences. You walk your path alone. The best you can do when it comes to picking any rep is decide what policies you think are best for the country (or area you're voting for), and choose the rep who best articulates that mindset no matter what they look like on the outside. Otherwise, you end up getting screwed with crap that you don't want.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: je55ejame5

So where were your diverse people with good policies? I am sure some ran, so where were they?

They were there Je55e but they didn’t win BECAUSE OF THEIR POLICIES, not because of their perceived diversity.

That’s right , republicans differ on policies too.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Je55e,

DONT vote for people just because of their race or gender. THATS racist, sexist and moronic.

Have a listen to their campaign promises and if you like what they are saying, give them your vote. If they just happen to be white males, so be it. What does it matter if they’re white?

See this is the whole issue with me, it is not that they are white but it is the lack of diversity in that party that bothers me. I am sure there are many diverse republicans yet they never seem to win, why is that?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Je55e,

See this is the whole issue with me, it is not that they are white but it is the lack of diversity in that party that bothers me. I am sure there are many diverse republicans yet they never seem to win, why is that?

BECAUSE OF POLICY

Holy sh#t

Look it up p-o-l-I-c-y. Normal people don’t vote based on race or sex or religion. Is this a new concept?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You want tax cuts? Vote for the person who is going to give tax cuts. REGARDLESS OF THEIR DIVERSITY

Is that hard to understand Je55e?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Je55e,

Because you and people like you buy into the popular perception that every Republican is racist. So when a person of color is revealed to be a Republican, they are reviled as a race traitor which, of course, is the most racist thing of all, but it happens. Look at what they did to Kanye. Look at how they treat Clarence Thomas and how they went after Condoleeza Rice.

It is one of the hardest things to be a minority conservative because there are such large blocks that are reserved to the Democrat vote. I am talking 80 to 90% blocks, and when someone is revealed to be outside that norm, it is open season. The more prominent you are, the more vicious the attacks on you will be. It takes true strength of character to bear up under that. Not many can.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You still don't get it.

Those things aren't attractive.

What matters is policy, not superficial characteristics. You're as bad as old super-race, ubermensch man himself with this.

You are making the mistake that only someone who looks like you can ever truly represent you because that magically confers the same life experiences.

Guess what, cupcake, we're all individuals. No one else, no matter how much like you they look, has your life experiences. You walk your path alone. The best you can do when it comes to picking any rep is decide what policies you think are best for the country (or area you're voting for), and choose the rep who best articulates that mindset no matter what they look like on the outside. Otherwise, you end up getting screwed with crap that you don't want.

You are assuming I think these white people are unqualified but all I am saying is, where is the diversity in your party and why is it that the white male is the usual victor in your party? I am sure you guys have diverse Republicans yet they never seem to win.

Also if your a minority, you would want someone who better understands you to represent you, so how is a white male(usual victor) going to represent you if they do not understand the issues you deal with on a daily basis?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Je55e,

BECAUSE OF POLICY

Holy sh#t

Look it up p-o-l-I-c-y. Normal people don’t vote based on race or sex or religion. Is this a new concept?

I understand policy lol Where is your diverse policy makers? Are you going to tell me they don't exist or that it is the white male (usual victor) who has offered the best policies over the decades and one minority, throughout the decades, has never offered ONE good policy that would get them elected?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join