It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abrams says she can't win, ends challenge in Ga.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't think she comes as much of a surprise. It was a long shot for a run-off.

Abrams stressed as she spoke: "This is not a speech of concession."

This is an interesting line. Is she just saying she isn't done fighting in the grand scheme of things?

Link

I will give her that she seemed to rally a lot of African American voters who had never voted before. As an African American woman it was refreshing to see her come a far as she did in a deep south state.

I don't live in Georgia, so I can't attest to how it affected the area. Anyone from around?

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The woman is a mess of a politician who has some horrible policy ideas.....

I don't care what skin tone she has.....

How are we ever suppose to move on from race issues when people prop up skin tone for reasons to vote for people

Sad sad sad

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Does this mean the Black Panthers will take revenge?

Kidding, god bless them for exercising their 2nd amendment rights!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Don't you know, she lost because the election wasn't fair!

Hillary Clinton: Stacey Abrams would've already won ‘if she'd had a fair election'

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

How are we ever suppose to move on from race issues when people prop up skin tone for reasons to vote for people

Sad sad sad

Getting rid of the source of that would be getting rid of the Democratic party.

SoOo.. racism and identity politics are going to be around a long time.

Not like Democrats have a platform anymore or any ideas of how to help American citizens have a better life.

They keep themselves in power by promoting victimization and hate.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
One less communist to worry about for a while. She will be back. They always come back.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, I wish her the best. There are more elections you know.

Play fair and you can play to win.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
“As an African American”

Jesus Christ, who cares?

Normal people do NOT vote on race or gender. Normal people vote on POLICY.

Strange concept, I know. If someone has good policy that represents what normal people want, they’ll get the votes. If they just happen to be black, or female, then who cares? What does it have to do with anything?

Then you have democrats, leftists and liberals. “What does policy have to do with anything? I just don’t want white males running things”.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Sad sad sad

Not like Democrats have a platform anymore or any ideas of how to help American citizens have a better life.

Yup. And once people break from that mentality, the only road left is conservatism. Or libertarian. Or constitutional conservative. Or conservatarian. Or liberal conservative. Or conservative liberal.

You get the point. So many other options once you break from the "white man bad, must vote (D)" mentality.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sore loser finally stopped.

Guess the lawsuit money ran out.

No proof, big goof 😎

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nope she is still suing.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

If African Americans can't get elected in the deep south, how do you explain Tim Scott? He got elected as a senator.

The idea that it's race holding her back is an excuse she's using to cover up the flaws in her campaign and the fact that her ideology did not match that of her voters.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Lumenari

Sad sad sad

Yup. And once people break from that mentality, the only road left is conservatism. Or libertarian. Or constitutional conservative. Or conservatarian. Or liberal conservative. Or conservative liberal.

You get the point. So many other options once you break from the "white man bad, must vote (D)" mentality.

right, problem is all those ideologies require personal responsibility as well as sacrifice. Good luck with that. I hate to be the downer but the only way to break people out of that commie mindset is for them to experience true hardship .......hot war, genocide etc. etc. Most of these hard core communists are too far gone. They are going to end up being colateral damage they just have not figured it out yet ... and probably never will.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

You have to be put to the test and discover that you actually can do for yourself in order to become self-reliant.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
“The content of character and not the color of skin”

A concept entirely lost on ‘the left’

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

It's actually a racist position nowadays.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
I don't think she comes as much of a surprise. It was a long shot for a run-off.

Abrams stressed as she spoke: "This is not a speech of concession."

This is an interesting line. Is she just saying she isn't done fighting in the grand scheme of things?

Link

I will give her that she seemed to rally a lot of African American voters who had never voted before. As an African American woman it was refreshing to see her come a far as she did in a deep south state.

I don't live in Georgia, so I can't attest to how it affected the area. Anyone from around?

Not from Georgia but it was a remarkable effort and seems to have laid the grounds for other challengers to rise. This season's campaigns have been nasty and I'm glad to see most of them settled at last. Now we wait till next spring's legislative sessions to see what we've actually accomplished.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I fear the answer is nothing.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: agenda51

You have to be put to the test and discover that you actually can do for yourself in order to become self-reliant.

I agree. Thats why I say the only way out of this is going hot and its going to be a bloodbath which is very sad. I am amazed at the tolerance of conservatives. Its a testament to how non violent they really are. When this all does go down its going to be bad for liberals and no amount of PC virtue signaling is going to matter.

Personally I think Trump knows where its all heading and is just trying to bring as many people as possible back to being pro america before the big communist purge.

Scary times in this build up period.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: xuenchen

Nope she is still suing.

She "says"
She wont
Loser pays State (and Abrams was/is a loser)
Just wants her last 15 minutes in the spotlight until up to the 16th minute her name is lost to time

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join