It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a sudden influx of ufo topics in other forums,media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Do you think something will happen soon ?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Brand new UFO movie coming out this summer. It's probably just about that time. I mean, primetime 8 o'clock 2hour UFO special with Peter Jennings??? C'mon now...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This always goes in cycles....

Remember the UFO craze back when ET was out in theatres???

I have a feeling we're entering into a new flap... It almost seems to be like every 20 years or so....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I hope it is a positive change. Many more people are getting involved now and that is good. I don't think it will go away this time. People are taking it more seriously in spite of Peter Jennings type shows. As well, I think the more people who take it seriously will help draw more people in. Also I think the Peter Jennings shows help because of there glossing over of some facts, sometimes insulting tone and less than thorough investigation. The more people that see this type show, the more who will feel the need to seek the truth for themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
with more people getting more demanding and more interested in ufos and alien then could this possibly mean that the goverment will finally release the information it knows (if there is any of course) for example area 51 projects

[edit on 26-2-2005 by george54075407]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There have been some UFO documentations in Germany lately, the last one at 3am on Saturday, unheralded program modification. Somehow I don't think this increase in UFO specials and documentations everywhere (especially the Peter Jennings special) is pure coincidence. Perhaps it's time to remember the "they-try-to-prepare-us"-idea....
Either way, I agree that the more the public becomes interested and asks for the truth, the more the government is under compulsion to finally tell the truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting stuff.

I have yet to go through all the ufo info on here ats. Just wished I had more time-lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Maybe it has to do with that War of the Worlds movie. Plus a lot of people seem to have lost interest in UFO's so maybe some UFO freaks tried to bring back interest, only for once it's working. That or maybe people are seing more UFO's, I mean we do get the occasional spike in activity.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by george54075407
with more people getting more demanding and more interested in ufos and alien then could this possibly mean that the goverment will finally release the information it knows (if there is any of course) for example area 51 projects

[edit on 26-2-2005 by george54075407]

I wouldn't count on getting a rundown of Area 51 projects. Part of the reason that the base is so highly protected is because they're testing completely human-made experimental aircraft there. The SR-71, B2, and others are projects that were tested at Area 51. We find out about Area 51 projects about 10-15 years, on average, after they're completed. I've always had this idea that Area 51 is really a red herring as far as possible government/alien research. I'd be more interested in seeing the research that supposedly goes on at alleged secret bases that aren't visible from the surface, either by sight or via satellite.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I kinda go with the "they are getting people prepared" theory. There's obviously something going on or something about to be unveiled by the U.S. concerning UFO's.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't think "they" have any intention of telling the public whats going on. They referring to our government. I think its out of the question now. Its up to the citizens to demand full disclosure.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've seen many threads about disclosure lately. This is only the latest in a series. I think it would be nice if we were to actually know what's going on, but alas, I don't think we will ever know the extent of it.

Playing the skeptic here, I'm wondering if anyone has actually thought about the possibility that aliens have never visited us, and everything is completely explainable by known technology, or that the government really isn't in control of what is revealed in this day and age?

I fully believe that there's other intelligent life out there, however, given the vastness of the universe, it's unlikely that they have even found us. If they have, however, it's unlikely that whatever intelligence has found us or contacted us thinks we're ready to know about them.

I would have to say, assuming that the government is in contact with aliens, that the vast majority of the human race simply isn't ready for contact. Those of us that are open-minded enough to accept it are in a minority.

Just some food for thought on this..... and this post does not necessarily reflect my personal views.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph
Brand new UFO movie coming out this summer. It's probably just about that time. I mean, primetime 8 o'clock 2hour UFO special with Peter Jennings??? C'mon now...

I know you're talking about War of the Worlds, but a part of me can't help but think you're actually referring to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well,

In the last few weeks we've seen national and international space organizations openly talk about the possibility of current life on Mars. This fits in with the old argument that any government would first have to get its populace used to ANY type of ET life before it started talking about intelligent ETs.

I've also argued that the US gov could only admit to the existence of intelligent ETs AFTER it had developed some sort of countermeasures (even if the aliens were entirely friendly... as people have a psychological need for security). Considering the success in recent years of airborne lasers (and the likelihood of space-based lasers) that requirement has probably been met.

And, finally, we've seen a spate of former gov officials openly talking about UFOs and aliens. I'm convinced that these 'leaks' would never happen unless they were authorized.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Quote Playing the skeptic here, I'm wondering if anyone has actually thought about the possibility that aliens
have never visited us, and everything is completely explainable by known technology, or that
the government really isn't in control of what is revealed in this day and age? ==Obsidian

Actually, Obsidian, you have asked a very non-biased question without playing the role of a skeptic at all. I once tried to subtly talk Gazrok into the area of your question, but only
two posters in that forum even came close. Most UFO believers see the world thru rose colored BS filters, so your question is not a possibility they can seriously consider. Likewise,
the real skeptics (and I have seen no indications of their participation here) also wear filters (somewhat less restrictive), thus cannot seriously consider what would be the
standard fare on the ATS menu. You cannot see a panoramic view without a wide angle lens. UFO believers examine everything with a telephoto lens while their opposites use a
standard lens. So the big picture is captured by nobody, and they argue over who has the correct view.

The scientific community is neither skeptical nor believers. They simply have a tendency to say if we can't measure it, we ain't interested. They also have a bias called
insite. I hinted at it once, but as I suspected, no takers here in neverland. So a little more direct, the bias of the scientific community is called Fermi's Paradox.
zebu.uoregon.edu...
And, Obsidian, if you go there you will see the scientific community has been chewing on your question since the 1940's. Its kinda like a hobby.
So is SETI, but thats another topic.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen

Originally posted by Sickaluph

I know you're talking about War of the Worlds, but a part of me can't help but think you're actually referring to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

DONT PANIC !!! lol

hitch hickers rocks, i hope they do the book justice,
I hope they put reptilian humanoids in most every sci fi movie or TV show so people will then start to see a connection there as well.....
OH WAIT THEY ALREADY DO..........go figure......

i forget queen do they have reptoids in book?

warthog
Do you think something will happen soon ?

IMHO in the next 10 years the world not just USA will be flooded with everything tied to UFO's like movies shows topics on media ect.
but i also belive in less then 10 years we will see more ET activity it will steadily increase !
I also belive they might stage a first landing/contact for gen public within 20 years....
probably greys first since public is getting more desensitised to that race.
then reptoids and insect races... then wolf humanoids then the more fiercesome creatures !

[edit on 3-3-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok

probably greys first since public is getting more desensitised to that race.
then reptoids and insect races... then wolf humanoids then the more fiercesome creatures !

Grays/Reptoids/insects/Wolf/MoreFiersome Creatures.... Please come back to reality.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ya, disclosure is right around the bend...................... in about 15 years.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuatara
Grays/Reptoids/insects/Wolf/MoreFiersome Creatures.... Please come back to reality.

IM in reality , maybe someday you will be able to join me in it.....

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Ya, disclosure is right around the bend...................... in about 15 years.

no no no, not in like 100 years

Nightwing: Are those topics still viewable on ats?

top topics

join