It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MC-12W Liberty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, I was checking out this little guy, don't ask why, and found its capabilities to be pretty interesting.
One of the anacronyms that caught my eye was POL(pattern of life). The second link is an explanation of POL, and basically it is mass data collection sifted through by an algorithm, which is used to issue a kill order on people without even knowing who they are. It's a tad dry, but kinda eye-opening.

www.airforce-technology.com...

journals.sagepub.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Well, I was checking out this little guy, don't ask why, and found its capabilities to be pretty interesting.
One of the anacronyms that caught my eye was POL(pattern of life). The second link is an explanation of POL, and basically it is mass data collection sifted through by an algorithm, which is used to issue a kill order on people without even knowing who they are. It's a tad dry, but kinda eye-opening.

www.airforce-technology.com...

journals.sagepub.com...

The Army used U-21 aircraft (A, B, and C and later the C-12 King airs) for the missions. Basically you orbit an area and listen for any bad guy radio transmitter. Even back in the late 60s we could fix a bad guy transmitter location down to around 250 meters in the Jungle. If the transmission was from a large enough bad guy source we would call in a airstrike on the location up to B-52s if intel thought it was necessary.. All this was done without a algorithm.... No telling how accurate they can fix a location by now..?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I had a sneak peak. Sometimes you get a tour....sometimes you dont ask questions. Lol

The pdf explains alot.

a reply to: 727Sky

join