It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he answered written questions in Mueller probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
It was easy he says. LOL Like a test or something?

Actually, saying "Go To Hell" is easy. Nothing complicated there, is it?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I just have to ask this question. What do you and others have against a person that is doing everything he can to bring jobs and a thriving economy back to this country, and trying his best to lift all boats? I am truly baffled by your attitude...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Sillyolme

I just have to ask this question. What do you and others have against a person that is doing everything he can to bring jobs and a thriving economy back to this country, and trying his best to lift all boats? I am truly baffled by your attitude...

There are very wealthy people who take their money out of the economy and stockpile it (the majority in offshore banks).

These very wealthy people also purchase valuables at vast costs (like expensive artworks or bullion) and retain those privately.

These very wealty people also usually have a stack of "chapter 11" lossy businesses, with which they can, on paper, write off their financial gains and minimize the payment of taxation (which would otherwise go back towards public infrastructure and essential social services).

These are the small percentage of the people who own a large percentage of the national wealth. This unbalanced distribution of wealth is called the "Pareto Principle" - read about it on Wikipedia.

The money generated by the average, good and hard working people of the US, continues to be siphoned off and no longer contributes to economic flow. It is just gone. Those workers will never be able to get ahead or to fully utilize the wealth that they generate, they are fodder for the very rich.

Trump has been, and remains, a significant part of that problem.

If Trump's policies do, briefly, get some economic life back, it will only be so he and his cronies will sequester more.

So far, Trump has only brought the GDP figures up to the same level they were in the third quarter of 2014. He has done this by has shuffling money around within the US economy, robbing Peter to pay Paul. Most economic analysts believe it isn't a good policy for sustainable increase and may even get the economy to tank irreparably - like the 40% of Trump's previous business endeavors which have failed (according to the New York Times).

edit on 17/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
My impression of what you state is that as long as these funds are kept within the, a banking system the moneys velocity continues. Banks will push these assets back into the system. These valuables you refer to are being purchased with monies that are generally kept within the banking system and it's velocity continues on down the line. It essentially just commerce.

The only way these monies do not continue to flow throughout the economy is if it is rat holed under the mattress. Admitted, much of the drug cartel funds are rat holed and no longer contribute to velocity of monies.

Regardless, I do agree that the disparity in the distribution of wealth IS a blight that needs a fair and equatable solution.

Edit: Would it be fair for the government to just confiscate all personal funds above a set amount? I don't see that as exactly fair and justifiable.

edit on 17-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

My impression of what you state is that as long as these funds are kept within the, a banking system the moneys velocity continues. Banks will push these assets back into the system. These valuables you refer to are being purchased with monies that are generally kept within the banking system and it's velocity continues on down the line. It essentially just commerce.

The only way these monies do not continue to flow throughout the economy is if it is rat holed under the mattress. Admitted, much of the drug cartel funds are rat holed and no longer contribute to velocity of monies.

Regardless, I do agree that the disparity in the distribution of wealth IS a blight that needs a fair and equatable solution.

Edit: Would it be fair for the government to just confiscate all personal funds above a set amount? I don't see that as exactly fair and justifiable.

Swiss banks don't pay interest to depositors because they don't reinvest depositors money. Up until recently, they also kept the account owners names secret, too.

It still happens, that money of the rich gets 'hidden' by any means possible:

Panama Papers From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paradise Papers From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But more on-topic:

Donald Trump’s First Appearance in Panama Papers Uncovered - Newsweek (Note: the Trump name appears in 3,540 of the Panama Papers but not all of those references relate to Donald Trump).

Offshore Trove Exposes Trump-Russia links and Piggy Banks of the Wealthiest 1 Percent - ICIJ

Ask yourself, how does a stock of bullion stored away in a private vault, contribute in any way to the wider economy (except in the Federal Reserve where it is supposed to underlie the value of minted currency)?

I believe a flat rate taxation on all capital growth is actually fair and beyond that, a legal mandate that sequestered funding above a certain amount per person be required to be reinvested in registered and trading public stocks, rather than saved.

Large projects requiring the security of significant funds should be register-able on the stock exchange or through a governmental or banking lender and fully backed up by conventional insurance and reinsurance schemes.

And the Federal Reserve should become that, federally owned, the property of the government. Not a private bank. And it should both underwrite and police the entire national banking industry. It should have the power to expel the board of any bank that under-performs or has poor stewardship and replace it with a regulating authority that will follow best practices guidelines.

edit on 17/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
First off, I have to say I didn't go to all of the sites you linked to but I did go to the last one.

www.icij.org...

I do have to admit you present a valid argument to the truth that corruption is rampant in government and oligarchs are using every loophole at their disposal to avoid taxes on their gains, thereby screwing the common citizen of much needed tax revenue that could be very beneficial to the common citizen.

The problem as I see it is that this didn't start with this administration. Truthfully, we were sold out by the crooked politicians and financial oligarchs during President Woodrow Wilson's administration and the crooked postiicians infesting congress during that period. Mind you, I don't hold this administration blameless but just how much can he accomplish when dealing with an exponentially corrupted swamp of a government for the past 100 years? The 16th and 17th amendments, as I have previously stated numerous times, sold this nation to the crooked politicians and banking elite.

Every administration, both democrat and republican has had the opportunity to do their best to correct this travesty and abomination on the American public but didn't loft a finger to even try.

What they have done over the years is to allow or even create legislation that allows this to continue. A good example is during the Clinton administration, commercial banks were allowed to merge with investment banks. Corrupt politicians sponsored and passed that legislation and Clinton signed it into law. He is scum but that's just my opinion. But then again, I am born and raised Arkansan and have known the POS from his early days.

Their greed has usurped our constitutional protections and rendered the constitution mute. They swear oath to it and immediately turn their backs to it.

I can't blame the corrupt oligarchs for doing their best to game the system they are playing. I blame the goddamned crooked politicians that have sold this nation to the wolves and allowed it to happen for the past 100 years. Flucking politicians created the system.

S&F to your post. Great discussion.

Charles

Edit: Goddamn we have been electing sorry representatives.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

First off, I have to say I didn't go to all of the sites you linked to but I did go to the last one.

www.icij.org...

I do have to admit you present a valid argument to the truth that corruption is rampant in government and oligarchs are using every loophole at their disposal to avoid taxes on their gains, thereby screwing the common citizen of much needed tax revenue that could be very beneficial to the common citizen.

The problem as I see it is that this didn't start with this administration. Truthfully, we were sold out by the crooked politicians and financial oligarchs during President Woodrow Wilson's administration and the crooked postiicians infesting congress during that period. Mind you, I don't hold this administration blameless but just how much can he accomplish when dealing with an exponentially corrupted swamp of a government for the past 100 years? The 16th and 17th amendments, as I have previously stated numerous times, sold this nation to the crooked politicians and banking elite.

Every administration, both democrat and republican has had the opportunity to do their best to correct this travesty and abomination on the American public but didn't loft a finger to even try.

What they have done over the years is to allow or even create legislation that allows this to continue. A good example is during the Clinton administration, commercial banks were allowed to merge with investment banks. Corrupt politicians sponsored and passed that legislation and Clinton signed it into law. He is scum but that's just my opinion. But then again, I am born and raised Arkansan and have known the POS from his early days.

Their greed has usurped our constitutional protections and rendered the constitution mute. They swear oath to it and immediately turn their backs to it.

I can't blame the corrupt oligarchs for doing their best to game the system they are playing. I blame the goddamned crooked politicians that have sold this nation to the wolves and allowed it to happen for the past 100 years. Flucking politicians created the system.

S&F to your post. Great discussion.

Charles

Edit: Goddamn we have been electing sorry representatives.

Cheers, If we can address the issues openly there is hope that a solution to those problems is at hand.

I think that simplifying the rules is fairer across the board and leaves fewer places for 'loop holes' to hide.

Of course the vested interests will never be happy. There's no way to gain unfair advantage (what they think is them "being clever") and other people will gain from their own hard work and dedication to task.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Mueller - Mr. Trump , have you Colluded in Any Way with the Present Russian Government in Influencing the 2016 Presidential Election ?

President Trump - No .

Mueller - Ah , Thank You Mister President .....

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

President Trump/Attorneys have had the 15 questions from Bob Mueller since mid September. Trump answered them this week. He will transmit or courier the responses to Mueller's office next week.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Mahogany

Mueller - Mr. Trump , have you Colluded in Any Way with the Present Russian Government in Influencing the 2016 Presidential Election ?

President Trump - No .

Mueller - Ah , Thank You Mister President .....

That might be the first question. The others would probably be more detailed.

edit on 11/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

" The others would probably be more detailed. "

Such as ? Been Down that Road already , and Dorothy has Made it Back Home. Munchkinland No Longer Exists for Herr Mueller..........

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yeah. It doesn't matter. He can just lie anyway. As is his habit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join