It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some ufo's might be extra terrestrial says retired McGill Professor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As we know there have been a couple of posts about the British pilots on their way home to Great Britain from Montreal who saw lights in the sky off the coast of Ireland. The speeds of these objects were reported to be around mach 2.

Retired McGill Professor Don Donderi said it is possible these ufo's were extra terrestrial in nature. He reminded it wouldn't be the first sighting by pilots and many have seen these ufo's up close.

“There are cases going back 50 years of pilots seeing what we call nocturnal lights,” Donderi said. “They provide some evidence that some of what people see in the sky and call UFOs are extra-terrestrial vehicles.”

In this most recent case, two sets of pilots, from British Airways and Virgin Airlines, both flying over the Atlantic last Friday, reported the sightings to air-traffic control, inquiring about any military exercises in the area. “It was moving so fast,” the BA pilot said of the object that appeared along the left side of the aircraft “then rapidly veered to the north.” It was “a very bright light,” she continued, that “disappeared at very high speed.” The Virgin Airlines pilot, flying from Orlando to Manchester, reported the same thing, but described it as a “meteor or another object making some kind of re-entry.”

Whatever was seen was enough for the Irish Aviation Authority to open up an investigation.

It was also enough for the Twittersphere, if not the stratosphere, to light up. The news, including audio of the pilots’ conversation with Irish air traffic control, travelled across the globe, at Mach internet speed, while others turned to mockery. “As a skeptic, I think it’s probably nothing stranger than flying leprechauns up to their usual mischief again,” said one commenter. It was the same attitude taken by Neil DeGrasse Tyson, a renowned American astrophysicist and author, when asked to comment on the existence of extra-terrestrial UFOs. “Call me when you have a dinner invite from an alien,” he said.

But Donderi says some sightings are unnervingly detailed, and harder to dismiss:

“People have close encounters of the second kind,” Donderi said. “Pilots have reported seeing vehicles within 100 yards of them. They see an actual shape, an object suspended in the sky, hovering over them, with windows, surrounded by a luminous glow — and then it moves off abruptly.” Some of the reports, by qualified individuals, backed up by instruments (like radar) turn out to be things humans can’t make, Donderi said. “Machines that fly faster and manoeuvre more abruptly than (vehicles) we can make.” He situates himself somewhere between the DeGrasse Tyson “establishment,” which denies there is any evidence of extra-terrestrial contact with Earth, and those who see in UFOs proof of the second coming.

He added further that those who study ufo sightings say some of them are extra terrestrial vehicles.

“Those who study it say that some of the UFOs are extra-terrestrial vehicles,” Donderi said Tuesday. “They’re here. And sometimes there’s interaction between aliens and people. There is evidence. But what it means and where we go from here, I don’t know.” Donderi says humans find it easier to convince themselves there is no evidence, and prefer to see those affirming the existence of ETs as crazy, or seeking adventure or profit. “If everyone realizes we’re being surveilled by extra-terrestrials who have better machinery than we do, we have a potential problem,” he said. “But any sensible person will say the first step in dealing with any problem is admitting it exists.”

source

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Donderi says some sightings are unnervingly detailed, and harder to dismiss

Talk about pointing out the obvious

Some of my favourites from the many thousands:

Major-General, Swedish Flying Corps - 1933:

Comparisons of these objects show that there can be no doubt about illegal air traffic over our secret military areas. there are many reports from reliable people which describe close observation of the enigmatic flier. And in every case the same remark can be noted: no insignias or identifying marks were visible on the machines... the question is: who or whom are they, and why have they been invading our air territory?

Sergeant, 1st Paratroop Brigade, 1st Marine Divison (U.S. Marine Corps) - UFO's over the Solomon Islands, 1942:

... suddenly the air raid warning sounded. There had been no 'Condition Red'... I heard the formation before I saw it. Even then, I was puzzled by the sound. It was a mighty roar that seemed to echo in the heavens. It didn't sound at all like the high-pitched 'sewing machine' drone of the Jap formations... The formation was huge; I would say over 150 objects were in it. Instead of the usual tight 'V' of 25 planes, this formation was in straight lines of 10 or 12 objects, one behind the other. The speed was a little faster than Jap planes, and they were soon out of sight. A few other things puzzled me: I couldn't seem to make out any wings or tails. They seemed to wobble slightly, and every time they wobbled they would shimmer brightly from the sun. Their colour was like highly polished silver. No bombs were dropped, of course. All in all, it was the most awe-inspiring and yet frightening spectacles I have seen in my life.

RAF Flight-Lieutenant, Royal Auxiliary Airforce - UFO's over the U.K., 1954:

When I was at about 16,000 feet I saw a whole lot of contrails - possibly at 30-40,000 feet - over the North Foreland. Through the middle of the trails I saw 3 objects which I thought were aeroplanes, but they weren't trailing. They came down through the middle of that towards Southend and then headed towards me. When they got to within a certain distance one of them went off to my port side - one gold and one silver. And the third object came straight towards me and closed to within a few hundred yards, almost filling the windscreen, then it went off towards my port side, I tried to turn round to follow, but it had gone. It was saucer-shaped with a bun on top and a bun underneath, and was silvery and metallic. There were no portholes, flames or anything. I haven't found a satisfactory explanation for what i saw... but I know what i saw.

Truck Driver (and other witness) - Hampshire, U.K., 1967:

Our vehicles were stationary 25 - 30 yards from each other. The object was in between us. It glowed in the most beautiful green colour I have ever seen. It was like nothing on earth... I sat in the cab petrified. I don't want ever to experience anything like that again. This was no hallucination.

Police Officer (plus two others) - Yorkshire, U.K., 1978:

It was absolutely awe-inspiring to see it. i don't know how to explain it to you - it was such a beautiful looking thing. It seemed to have portholes around the dome - an elongated domed area. And what stood out more than anything else was the coloured lights dancing around on the outside of the skirt at the bottom... which gave the visual impression that it was rotating. Now whether the thing was going round, or whether it was just the lights that were going round and giving the impression, I don't know. I would say it was the lights that were going round because when you were looking at the portholes, they didn't seem to be going round in a circle as you would have expected.

General, Spanish Airforce:

As a General, my opinion is the same as the Air Ministry, but in my own personal capacity, I have for some time heald the view that UFO's are extraterrestrial craft. It was an extremely bright object which remained there stationary for that legth of time and then shot off towards Egea De Los Caballeros, covering the distance of 20km in less than 2 seconds. No human device is capable of such a speed.

Commandant, Chilean Airforce - Argentina, 1965:

It is rash to say that we all saw a flying saucer, like those in science fiction. But nevertheless it was something real, an object travelling at a staggering speed, that performed evolutions and ...caused interference in the instruments of the Argentinian base lying on an island that is near to and right opposite our base... What we observed was no hallucination or collective psychosis. as far as I am concerned it is a celestial object that I am unable to identify. That it could be an aircraft constructed on this earth, I do not believe possible.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
some great sightings there. And don't forget about the infamous Tehran Iran sighting by the military pilot from 1976 I think it was. Very very difficult to explain this one away as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The McGill guy sounds really smart... Yep, a ufo could be aliens. What a champion of the things that are so obvious they don't need to be said.

Wouldn't expect much more from McGill, french Canadians are the worst. Love Ontario

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

The McGill guy sounds really smart... Yep, a ufo could be aliens. What a champion of the things that are so obvious they don't need to be said.

Yes, UFOs might be extraterrestrial, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.
edit on 16-11-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

He did a podcast lecture at the uni a few years ago. Abductions were the theme iirc.

ETA - the site doesn't exist anymore. There's a YT lecture

There's also a podcast interview with the Merseyside Skeptics Society.
edit on 11.16.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

very intelligent guy. I rather like him.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think that gray aliens are actually time-travelers from Earth's future. They probably used being extra-terrestrial as a cover story when captured by the feds.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
WoW! all that from a professor. His schooling sure has paid off.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Same here kinda as to time or dimensional travel, considering if it would be easier for them to make the equipment for or other.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

i see someone has been reading john keel too

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Of course

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: hombero

Yes, UFOs might be extraterrestrial, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
"Some ufo's might be (are) extra terrestrial" has been stated by many high brass military, Generals, Majors, and Captains for many decades.
It was a consensus by them and stated that way in memos and other documents, and on Television in the 50's.

Those who opposed those views used ridicule and character defamation to counter the effects.

Ridicule and character defamation won the battles against most of society to this very day.

"Anyone who uses ridicule and character defamation against others has no valid basis for any point to make" Something I remember hearing a military brass type say on some old news reel about the UFO subject once.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I think NATOS line back then was yes they exist and theres not a damn thing anyone can do about them and nobody knows why they are here.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

i see someone has been reading john keel too

Timothy Good, although I'm sure the quotes probably appear in a few works

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

he probally saw them in keel's work and decided to put in his books too