It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiavo Solution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I figured out how we could get Terry Schiavo some protection! All we have to do is get her accused of a crime. A really bad one. Not genocide, that's only punishable by about 46 years in the international court. I mean something like a double murder. Get her the death penalty. Then, she'll have more rights than she does now, and Jeb could grant her a stay of execution. Even if he wouldn't, she could be killed in a humane way, such as lethal injection, instead of starvation, which is a punishment reserved just for people who were bad enough to go into a coma or suffer from brain damage.

So what do you say? Any unsolved double murders in Florida we could pin on her?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Actually we could just find someone rich enough to pay her husband an amount equall to the insurance he will recieve upon her death in exchange for his signature to sign over his rights to her life to her parents and I bet you a dollar that he would sign the papers for the right amount of cash. Then her parents could decide what to do with her.

X

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Or bribe the judge to rule on the side of reason. If she did, in fact, tell her husband she didn't want to live like this, he was a bit of a scumbag making her wait 15 years before deciding to honor her wishes.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The "solution" has already made itself evident...

Once DCF is involved, you can expect it to take YEARS, and the eventual conclusion to be the least desirable for ALL parties involved...

And the husband didn't wait 15 years...he's been trying to carry out her wishes for YEARS, it's her parents who can't let go...

This poor woman is a vegetable and has been for over a decade, and yet people clamor to support keeping her that way??? Truly mind boggling...

The family dog would get more humanity than Terry's getting. Heck, when she eventually is let go, it'll be by starving her to death, because the law doesn't have the balls to approve she get an injection to send her into the great beyond peacefully....

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah, the world would be far better without DCF. After all, dependants are the property of those they're dependant on, let them abuse them. It'll be better for all involved.

Besides, we should be able to kill anyone we want based on our word when we find someone new. What the heck is wrong with these people who don't want to starve Terry to death? Are they sick or something? She's in agony now! How do I know, you ask? Why, I just established a psychic link with her and heard her cries of agony, asking to kill her. See, now there's two accounts.

Gaz, I'm sure you're all for stem cell research...Why wouldn't her brain be able to be repaired via stem cells?

Hehe I'm a little cranky today

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
He husband is doing what he thinks is best for her. Pulling the plug. This woman is pretty far gone what is the point in her living, perhaps it is time she was let to move on to the mystery of death.

Also, id like to know who you are to judge this womans husband in such a manner. It is disgusting to suggest that this man is simply trying to get insurance money. SHAME

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm 1000% behind Gazrok here (and he is in Florida ya know).

Let her go already. Not to insult anyone, but the "life at any cost" people clamoring to "support" (read as manipulate) Terry's obviously psychologically distraught parents for political reasons or just to make themselves feel purposeful or full of the spirit or whatever gets off these grandstanding interlopers are patently disgusting to me and most everyone I know (IRL).

No Jake, though I respect your intent here, it is not the self evident "side of reason" to force this woman to persist in that state. I do not understand the morbid fascination with prolonging the mortal coil people of faith seem to have above all others. And speaking of "faith" have some. If it's God's will that she'll live, she will. She'll hop out of bed and go get a steak, right?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
She is still alive? Man oh man, if I was in that situation where there was no hope for recovery, I would want them to put a bullet in my head so to speak. Actually I would prefer the bullet then the injection or the starving to death. Too bad there was no way to communicate with her, then we could actually ask her if she wanted to end it. Would that make euthanasia in this case valid? I'm just trying to find out WHAT is a valid reason to end the pain(from an Evangelical perspective that is).

[edit on 25-2-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I dont know about that...

The woman is a thinking, feeling human being. I havent read up much on this, but im asking...

How much attention is the husband paying this woman?

Does he visit regularly..

Is it HER wish to die?

From all i've seen its her parents who take care of her daily, celebrate holidays and such...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Even if he wouldn't, she could be killed in a humane way, such as lethal injection, instead of starvation, which is a punishment reserved just for people who were bad enough to go into a coma or suffer from brain damage.

This moring when i heard the latest on this whole fiasco on the radio, and they mentioned letting her die by simply removing her feeding tube and my jaw litterally hit the floor.

Can the husband not think of a less painful way to let her die? i mean sheesh!

i dont want to debate who is right and who is wrong in this matter, but starvation? c'mon!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Can the husband not think of a less painful way to let her die? i mean sheesh!

Its not the husband, its how they do it when the Hospitols "let people go" they remove life support, and they are not allowed to help it along any more then that. Stupid eh?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
i dont want to debate who is right and who is wrong in this matter, but starvation? c'mon!

That's my big problem with this. I didn't have a problem with unplugging her before I knew more details. Were she on a ventilator, it would be really brief and, from what I've understood, after the initial panic of not being able to breath asphyxiation is a really peaceful way to die. Ask folks who have had major allergic reactions. However, to torture someone for 7 to 10 days before they pass away...That's when I sided with the family. Before hearing about that, I was behind the husband. After 15 years, there's probably not much chance of her coming back short of adult stem cell research finding a way to get them to create brain cells.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Dgtempe, there's good reason to think her husband a "dog" (as well as defend him), but including him, his motives, or anything else in the debate is a meaningless distraction.

You know I watched my mother die while my stepdad (her husband) made my grandparents life a living hell by excluding them and me from lots of the decision making (among other things... $$$).

He's an SOB that will burn in hell, but for all intensive legal purposes your legal spouse supercedes ALL in decision making (and rightfully so).

Which makes it all the more sad gays can't marry and decide who speaks for them in these situations like breeders do.

But on TS, it's his call. Reverse it: if he wanted to keep her alive forever, but it was killing her parents to see her like that...tough. It's his call.

But in this case even removing him and all others from the equation, it's still just the right thing to do to let her go IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yeah, the world would be far better without DCF. After all, dependants are the property of those they're dependant on, let them abuse them. It'll be better for all involved.

If you've ever had to deal with DCF, then by all means, I welcome the debate. If not, then you have NO idea what they are like. My step-daughter lives about a block away from my wife (the girl's natural mother) and I. Yet, we can't see her without jumping through hoops, and all because of baseless accusations about 7 years ago, in which nobody was even charged on any count, etc. yet they give babies back to crack-addicted moms, or we have incidents like the recent torturing of those kids by their adopting parents where they had toenails pulled off by pliers. Please don't presume to lecture me on the "merits" of an agency like DCF....

EDIT: I'm in a bad mood today too, hehe....

new topics

top topics

join