It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post]proteus33[/post]
a reply to: [post]bknapple32[/post]

Wow look like justice system bought and paid for by CNN

A justice within the system appointed by Donald Trump...Hmmm

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Is there a law against being a clown AND a journalist in the constitution ?

To some Acosta is no more gauche than Trump. Depends which side of the fence you sit on as to how you perceive the terrible manners and decorum from either of these men.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]zazzafrazz[/post]
a reply to: [post]Blaine91555[/post]

To some Acosta is no more gauche than Trump. Depends which side of the fence you sit on as to how you perceive the terrible manners and decorum from either of these men.

This

I see a reporter breaking norms to try and ask his slanted questions. I see someone who is just as knowledgeable at breaking norms, and that person doesnt like the questions. Magically everyone who supports the guy that doesnt like the questions- dont like the questions either. Now to one side, hes a reporter reacting. To the other, its the man in power reacting to the reporter....

On and on we go.....

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: network dude

LOL

it's hilarious how not one ats trump supporter will talk about the middle class tax cut trump promised.

blog.taxact.com...

you can start here and find out what it means to you. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you are getting at.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I'll add one more thing, if we were to set a 'terms and conditions of conduct ' for the press, that smacks of 'ask only nice things of dear leader'.

Unfortunately we have to put up with egoistical putrid sideshow from these fat boys 'cause the law says we have to.

Freedom sucks when it's for the other side huh?

edit on 16-11-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm commenting on what actually happened here.

The outcome of this will apply when a President you approve of is in office. You know that right?

Reading what I have so far in this thread, most don't even understand what this decision was, or that it does not mean it's over.

How do you think all the others at these press conferences feel when one arrogant prick dominates them, preventing them from doing their jobs? You think they actually like him
Behind closed doors I'd imagine he's universally hated by both sides.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

This

I see a reporter breaking norms to try and ask his slanted questions. I see someone who is just as knowledgeable at breaking norms, and that person doesnt like the questions. Magically everyone who supports the guy that doesnt like the questions- dont like the questions either. Now to one side, hes a reporter reacting. To the other, its the man in power reacting to the reporter....

On and on we go.....

you didn't think Acosta being rude and not relinquishing the microphone and letting some other reporter ask a question was an issue? Please tell me you don't act like this when doing business?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

like Obamacare? it's funny how the republicans tried to run on that towards the end of this past election.

how about that middle class tax cut - when do you think that will roll out?

blog.taxact.com...

While you may notice a change in the paychecks you receive from your employer after Jan. 1, 2018, the bulk of the tax reform won’t go into effect until you file your return in 2019.

Jan 1st 2019, any other questions?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It's irrelevant which president is up on the podium.

He has the right to act like an ass, just like Trump does.

Would I prefer they act like statesmen and professional journalists, of course, but the tone is set, 'aint nothing I can do about but agree with the judge.

edit on 16-11-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: uncommitted

That's cute. Trying to use my words to be funny and stuff.

Oh you!

Really? You meant the reporter and don't think Trumps antics are loathsome. Ok, takes all sorts.

See there?

You didn't even need my help.

Why do you think I would need your help for anything? I understand you would rather see a loathsome individual in the white house than support free speech even when you disagree with what is said.

You need to lighten up so a joke is in order...

Q: What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?

A: Trump wouldn't pay thousands to watch a Russian lentil on a bed

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

LOL

it's hilarious how not one ats trump supporter will talk about the middle class tax cut trump promised.

Here let me take a stab at it... Oh wait the thread is about Acosta and the court case... not tax cuts and the thread drift you seem intent on trying to force.

=================================

I think when its all said and done, Acosta will lose his credentials to the white house it is not a freedom of the press issue, folks should read up on places where the press is murdered if they report something negative about the countries leader, or their families being kidnapped and tortured or they are drive out of their country do to their reporting, telling Acosta he cant come to the white house and scream his opinions at the president is not suppressing the free press.

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
White house should end all press conferences.

Then what? Will he be ordered to hold press conferences for the media?

I'd do that just as an example of "one ruining it for all".

I agree. Trump should not be allowed to ruin it for all.

link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: bknapple32

I'll add one more thing, if we were to set a 'terms and conditions of conduct ' for the press, that smacks of 'ask only nice things of dear leader'.

Unfortunately we have to put up with egoistical putrid sideshow from these fat boys 'cause the law says we have to.

Freedom sucks when it's for the other side huh?

They should be able to ask anything that isn't a national security issue, or something vulgar, but other than that, they should be able to ask whatever they want, WHEN CALLED ON. And if they ask their question, they should be courteous to the other reporters there, and let them have equal time, unless it's all about Acosta, and everyone else is there to support him. I see this as an opportunity for him to NOT be called on and then trow a tantrum. Time will tell.

link   

originally posted by: [post]network dude[/post]

originally posted by: [post]bknapple32[/post]

This

On and on we go.....

you didn't think Acosta being rude and not relinquishing the microphone and letting some other reporter ask a question was an issue? Please tell me you don't act like this when doing business?

Again context is important. Trump and Acosta have developed a history. Was he being rude? Sure- Lets count the many times Trump, the leader of the free world, has been rude. The idea that some here will hold Jim Acosta to a higher standard than the president of the united states is humorous.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Press ok

The way Acosta acts is that OK too? Just trying to get an understanding where you are coming from...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Interestingly you could swap out the name acosta and add trump when talking about hogging the mic, attention seeking and lack of decorum.
Trump hates Acosta as he sees himself...
Basic psychology.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Refuse to call on Acosta?

You are assuming Trump will do any press conferences with Acosta in the room or even on the White House grounds. He isn’t required to give press conferences at all. It is all just a courtesy really.

Obama went almost a year without a press conference.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Somehow I think this is partisan with you and you would be saying the opposite if the situation were reversed.

Do you personally believe all the other reporters have the right to be heard also, or just Acosta?

This is not a partisan thing with me. I'd say it no matter who it is that was acting like that. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anyone has to put up with a bully with a microphone and that the rest of the press should bow to Acosta as he strips them of their right to ask questions. The moment you trample on others rights, you lose your own.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

It's irrelevant which president is up on the podium.

He has the right to act like an ass, just like Trump does.

Would I prefer they act like statesmen and professional journalists, of course, but the tone is set, 'aint nothing I can do about but agree with the judge.

I don't think you fully understand the power structure of the presidency and the government as a whole. If you think about it like a pyramid, with one guy at the top, that guy is Trump, everyone else is under him. That may change in a few years, but for now, it's just like that. Even if Trump is orange and mean.

Being a reporter at CNN doesn't offer you as an equal to the president, you are kind of like a kid who has to raise your hand to be called on in class. When you were in grade school, you had to respect the teacher, even if you didn't like them correct? It's kind of like that.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I thought y 'all were anti-pc.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join