It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: BlackJackal

I was watching it live. Assault is defined as unwanted touching period. Do I believe Acosta was intentionally attempting to assault the young intern ? No but it was clearly unwarranted and uncalled for behavior. Does it deserve being stripped of his credentials ? No, however a well deserved time out of a week or so is justly deserved and he owes an apology to the young women just doing her job.

The intern "aggressively" physically reached for the mike, which Acosta was still speaking in. She forced physical contact. The intern is in reality the aggressor.

Thanks that made my day. Stupid intern doing her job.

How dare she expect Acosta to act like a grown up and give up the mic. She wasn't assaulted but your post made my head hurt

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: network dude

like Obamacare? it's funny how the republicans tried to run on that towards the end of this past election.

how about that middle class tax cut - when do you think that will roll out?
Ladies and gentleman, whataboutism for the win!!!! What's my party's platform? Anything Trump want's, we are against!!!! It's been working super so far, and we are getting so much done!!!

Obamacare was the single most epic fail in political history, if you want to tout your successes, I'd venture into some other territory.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Wow look like justice system bought and paid for by CNN

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

LOL

it's hilarious how not one ats trump supporter will talk about the middle class tax cut trump promised.

edit on 16-11-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Haha halarious

Nothing more to add.

Free press 1Trump 0

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

LOL

it's hilarious how not one ats trump supporter will talk about he middle class tax cut trump promised.

Yea it wont happen for sure now because the democrats took the house.

Theyd rather raise taxes because they suddenly care about the deficit

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If I was Trump, I would go ahead and declare that the press corp in the White House will now have a set of guidelines to set expectations of the journalists behavior that they have to follow or their credentials will be removed. No exceptions.

The left likes to have a minority idea ruin everything for everyone else, so pot meet kettle.

1. They will only be able to ask one question and only when called upon.
2. If they ask a question out of turn they are not able to come to the press room for one month.
3. If they continue to be a bad egg like Acosta, they are forever banned.
4. To get back in the press room after any ban they have to publicly apologize before the press coverage starts and their network has to cover their apology for whatever rule they have broken.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Haha halarious

Nothing more to add.

Free press 1Trump 0

Jim Acosta the champion of free press and the democrats.

You do know cnn has has other journalists that can do his job right?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

they don't take the house until January 20th.. I think.

he made it pretty clear he had it ready to roll out. whatever you do don't hold him to it. pusses.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

LOL

it's hilarious how not one ats trump supporter will talk about he middle class tax cut trump promised.

Yea it wont happen for sure now because the democrats took the house.

Theyd rather raise taxes because they suddenly care about the deficit

I think that Trump will have of Veto action in the next 2 years.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Haha halarious

Nothing more to add.

Free press 1Trump 0

That’s not the point, Trump didn’t like his reporting so removed his pass in a silly petty spat that was about shutting up reporting he didn’t like.

The judge agrees.

Trump was in the wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Can't wait to see the hijinx that will ensue when he's not chosen to ask a question!

Too predictable.

If it were me, I would end every press conference with, "Any questions from the whinny little bitch in the second row?" and I wouldn't respond to any other reporters when Acosta was present.

When the press corp gets tired of every press conference ending in a shouting match with one reporter, maybe they will start to police their own.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Haha halarious

Nothing more to add.

Free press 1Trump 0

That’s not the point, Trump didn’t like his reporting so removed his pass in a silly petty spat that was about shutting up reporting he didn’t like.

The judge agrees.

Trump was in the wrong.

So I still have to hear him whine and shout without asking any real questions just statements.

He's annoying and this is a loss for everyone because this clown will keep getting attention.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
First, this is not victory for the media and 1st Amendment rights. This was a decision based on due process of the 5th. The argument was that it was removed 'too quickly'. Therefore the judge ruled, based on due process, it should be re-instated.

There was never a threat of the freedom of press. CNN has 14 other WH correspondents cleared besides Acosta.

Acosta can report whatever he wants, just like he always has, without a seat in the presser but now, empowered, he is going to come back and actually push it past the limit and the WH will be prepared. He will either not be called on and whine about it or he will eventually pull a stunt that will get him removed.

There is no victory boneheads...as there was never anything to lose.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Are you as excited as I am to see an emboldened acosta and irate president make charade theater in disguise of a press conference!

Yay we win!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Trump was being a moron, if the judge didn’t order the pass to be put back in place alll it would have done is set a precedent that Trump can just kick out any reporter who asks questions he doesn’t like.

Trump was being an idiot, again, just get over it. Be thankful that this was stopped and free press protected for once.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You're not in a battle over a dictator attacking the 5th amendment. I know you want that but its just one super annoying grandstanding dbag trying to get attention.

If it was a tough question Trump didn't wanna answer I'd agree with you but it's Jim Acosta so you lost me.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Oh well, looks like the Trump appointed judge didn't fall for the Infowars doctored video Sarah presented. lol
time to move on.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've only had time to read the first few pages of this thread, but I'd hope at some point what really happened here has been mentioned.

They simply need to make up a set of guidelines as to behavior and apply it to everyone, then if Acosta does his usual, he's gone.

Anyone think Acosta will be able to play by a set of rules? The idiot who tried to disrupt the meeting between Trump and Un. Odd the Left is not embarrassed by him and asking CNN to please hire someone credible, but at this point not surprising.

I don't care which side of the fence he sits on, but Acosta is a clown and everyone knows it, even CNN who now apparently panders to the lowest common denominator. It's a shame what CNN has become since the 1990's when they were the go to source of news.

The next step in court won't end well for Acosta. It's just starting and it's a good thing this is being settled, so press conferences will have legal grounds to get rid of clinical level narcissists hiding behind press credentials. CNN is celebrating too soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Trump was being a moron, if the judge didn’t order the pass to be put back in place alll it would have done is set a precedent that Trump can just kick out any reporter who asks questions he doesn’t like.

Trump was being an idiot, again, just get over it. Be thankful that this was stopped and free press protected for once.
Foolish, the case is still ongoing.

The judge simply agreed to reinstate the creds as per request made by CNN. The main argument was irreparable rep damage, so in the interest of that granted that request.

This does not conclude or end the case you fool.

By your logic, if the judge COMPLETELY agreed, he would have ruled in CNNs favor and ended it. The judge didn't 😌

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join