It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: BlackJackal

I was watching it live. Assault is defined as unwanted touching period. Do I believe Acosta was intentionally attempting to assault the young intern ? No but it was clearly unwarranted and uncalled for behavior. Does it deserve being stripped of his credentials ? No, however a well deserved time out of a week or so is justly deserved and he owes an apology to the young women just doing her job.

In order for it to be assault it can't be accidental, there has to be intent behind it and there wasn't. It can be argued that the only reason the contact was made in the first place was due to the actions of the intern. Either way, the entire assault line was bogus from the start:

In order commit an assault an individual need only have "general intent". What this means is that although someone can't accidentally assault another person, it is enough to show that an offender intended the actions which make up an assault.

LINK

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

like Obamacare? it's funny how the republicans tried to run on that towards the end of this past election.

how about that middle class tax cut - when do you think that will roll out?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: uncommitted

That's cute. Trying to use my words to be funny and stuff.

Oh you!

Really? You meant the reporter and don't think Trumps antics are loathsome. Ok, takes all sorts.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
SMDH

Did everybody just read the headlines and started hacking and sawing, thumbs up and back pats???

Nobody but a few posters actually read the source, to include the naive OP for sourcing his title in much the same manner as the MSM?

A cnn request was granted to have his credentials reinstated while the CASE CONTINUES 😌

If the judge felt it so, kelly could have ruled and ended it. However, Kelly didn't. The case continues and we shall see the end result.

So my leftist friends, go ahead and put away your party hats, hollow victories do seem to end rather quickly.

edit on 16-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Party Pooper 😫

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

If only Trump haters gave a snip about the second like they do the first.

Then we might actually get somewhere instead of giving press credentials to people that aren't REAL journalists.
edit on 16-11-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

who do you consider a "real" journalist?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
SMDH

Did everybody just read the headlines and started hacking and sawing, thumbs up and back pats???

Nobody but a few posters actually read the source, to include the naive OP for sourcing his title in much the same manner as the MSM?

A cnn request was granted to have his credentials reinstated while the CASE CONTINUES 😌

If the judge felt it so, kelly could have ruled and ended it. However, Kelly didn't. The case continues and we shall see the end result.

So my leftist friends, go ahead and put away your party hats, hollow victories do seem to end rather quickly.

Pretty much. They celebrated before they even made it to the finish line. The irony is, according to the judge, now it is on Acosta to prove to the Trump admin he should have his press pass.

link   
a reply to: knoxie

Political hacks like Acosta aren't.

link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Sillyolme

Arguably it shows Trump appointed a fair judge, would you agree?

What it really proves is that Trump judicial appointees don’t legislate from the bench, understanding where the judicial branch lies in the balance of government...unlike every liberal judge, appointed by liberals, who think their mandate is to legislate from the bench. You’ll never get the liberal dividers in this thread to come to terms with that though, so really not worth the effort.

I do find it telling that the liberals here flock to defend Acosta, the biggest grandstanding narcissistic reporter to pretend he’s a “journalist”...very, very telling.

I find it telling that trumps chumps flock to defend trump, the biggest grandstanding narcissistic prick who pretends to be a president.. very, very telling.

Indeed, they defend everything he does even if it contradicts traditional conservative and Republican norms and values. Then blame everyone else for being hypocritical. It really is funny to watch it play out.

I plan on making a compilation post soon of quotes from these people and how they change thread to thread.

I'd like to see that thread.

My current favorite situation is the sudden lack of threads and talk about this caravan of invaders.

The week up to the election it's all they talked about. Many threads.

Now it's nothing

Pretty cool

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: uncommitted

That's cute. Trying to use my words to be funny and stuff.

Oh you!

Really? You meant the reporter and don't think Trumps antics are loathsome. Ok, takes all sorts.

See there?

You didn't even need my help.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Come to think of it.

There should be mandatory background checks,waiting periods, and training classes to be a journalist.

How bout that virtual cognitive dissonance?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

his contact with the intern was pretty much the definition given for battery, from your link.

I had originally thought it was simple assault but I was wrong it certainly was battery though, though I am sure you will continue to defend that raging narcasist from CNN since he is on your team.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

SMDH

Pretty much. They celebrated before they even made it to the finish line. The irony is, according to the judge, now it is on Acosta to prove to the Trump admin he should have his press pass.
No kidding, the ignorance in this thread is astounding. I'm ashamed to say, on both sides. Of course I expect this from leftist, but the right usually is pretty good about this kind of stuff.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Seriously, why all the fuss? Over a reporter getting banned ????

The White House announced today that due to the increasing number of scandals – reporters will not be allowed at The White House until further notice. The White House is in damage control mode as an escalating series of scandals raised questions about whether officials abused their authority — all while threatening to undermine President

The decision to ban reporters is particularly striking given the fact that the Justice Department secretly obtained two months of phone records from Associated Press journalists. The AP went public with the charge Monday, and quickly earned sympathy from lawmakers on both sides who widely agreed that the record grab appeared to be unnecessarily intrusive.
There was no sympathy from The White House. “Hey, if reporters are going to try to undermine what the President is doing, we want to know about it,” a source close to The White House said.

“It’s a wise decision to ban reporters,” reportedly said former President, Bill Clinton. “My second-term was negatively affected by that drummed-up Monica Lewinsky scandal. It would be a shame if that happened to President. Reporters are part of the problem.”
Link

I mean seriously! The gall to ban or block the free press over trying to report on a President riddled with scandals!

MORE reporters booted.... WTH?

Eliminated from the plane's traveling press were the Washington Times, the New York Post and the Dallas Morning News. "It feels like the journalistic equivalent of redistributing the wealth," said John Solomon, executive editor of the Washington Times.
link

It appears as though the white house is at war with news media! THIS CAN'T STAND! Right?

“Attacking the news media is a time-honored White House tactic,” says media critic Brian Stelter, but “to an unusual degree,” this administration has “narrowed its sights to one specific organization,” which it has deemed “part of the political opposition.”
Linky

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

I read the beginning while still drinking my morning caffeine will freely admit I jumped to a conclusion and probably misread the paragraph that set me off.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

his contact with the intern was pretty much the definition given for battery, from your link.

I had originally thought it was simple assault but I was wrong it certainly was battery though, though I am sure you will continue to defend that raging narcasist from CNN since he is on your team.
Probably so. The case is still ongoing, so it will be interesting to see.

Imho, Judge gave him a taste before the inevitable pull back 😌

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Propagandalf

I read the beginning while still drinking my morning caffeine will freely admit I jumped to a conclusion and probably misread the paragraph that set me off.

To be fair, this isn't in any of the provided sources, and is suspiciously but unsurprisingly missing from any anti-Trump, pro-Acosta rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

I was watching it live. Assault is defined as unwanted touching period. Do I believe Acosta was intentionally attempting to assault the young intern ? No but it was clearly unwarranted and uncalled for behavior. Does it deserve being stripped of his credentials ? No, however a well deserved time out of a week or so is justly deserved and he owes an apology to the young women just doing her job.

The intern "aggressively" physically reached for the mike, which Acosta was still speaking in. She forced physical contact. The intern is in reality the aggressor.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

SMDH

No kidding, the ignorance in this thread is astounding. I'm ashamed to say, on both sides. Of course I expect this from leftist, but the right usually is pretty good about this kind of stuff.

You're right I didn't read the source, just went off what the OP said. Mainly because I don't really care either way. I just have this feeling Trump will do something way over the top to put Acosta back in his place. It will be entertaining, to say the least.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Victim blaming, how completely unsurprising.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join