It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
From the link:

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly ordered the White House to immediately return Acosta’s credentials while CNN’s lawsuit continues.

So Acosta/CNN won a battle... Not the war. Its not over yet.

It may be a hollow victory though... I don't see anything in the order that the Prez must call on him. He may return only to be ignored, in which case CNN might as well not have any reporter there at all.

Not that big of a loss if Trump doesn't call on him. Trump has only had 4 press conferences his entire presidency so Trump not calling on him won't be that big of a loss. He will still be able to be there and speak to other officials.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I was watching it live. Assault is defined as unwanted touching period. Do I believe Acosta was intentionally attempting to assault the young intern ? No but it was clearly unwarranted and uncalled for behavior. Does it deserve being stripped of his credentials ? No, however a well deserved time out of a week or so is justly deserved and he owes an apology to the young women just doing her job.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
LoL. Someone should throw a shoe at him every day. Have the White House arrest and then release the guy perpetually.

Then Acosta can brave his freedoms against the tenacity of human nature.

For everyone thinking that this is a win against Trump. LOL

It's all you got. Y'all can have it. Besides, I'm pretty sure lots of Dem leadership will sink thanks to blatant voter fraud across the country.

Either way, we will continue to vote however the hell we want.

You never had to beat Trump. You had to win us back. You didnt and so Trump put a ring on that voter base. All the voting ladies, all the voting ladies,

Guess you didn't catch the midterm results??

Your party might want to consider winning people back... because you're losing more everyday.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: JDmOKI

I've heard his name but actually thought he was someone else.

I'd be against Trump saying no more cnn at press conferences but I support no more Jim Acosta. You can ask challenging questions like a professional not a protestor

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

stop with the assault crap. jesus, does anybody have integrity anymore.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Sillyolme

Arguably it shows Trump appointed a fair judge, would you agree?

What it really proves is that Trump judicial appointees don’t legislate from the bench, understanding where the judicial branch lies in the balance of government...unlike every liberal judge, appointed by liberals, who think their mandate is to legislate from the bench. You’ll never get the liberal dividers in this thread to come to terms with that though, so really not worth the effort.

I do find it telling that the liberals here flock to defend Acosta, the biggest grandstanding narcissistic reporter to pretend he’s a “journalist”...very, very telling.

Not just defending Acosta, defending the Free Press. Because most people with half a brain understand how important it is to have a Free Press.....

“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”
~ Adolf Hitler

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: stosh64

I have to image that he's the laughing stock of his peers. His antics are loathsome for any human.

There are so many presidents still alive and I'm fairly sure he was already a bit of a laughing stock with them...... you did mean Trump, didn't you?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: DJMSN

stop with the assault crap. jesus, does anybody have integrity anymore.

How's avenatti doing?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

That's cute. Trying to use my words to be funny and stuff.

Oh you!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

jesus, there's video here, he CLEARLY wasn't assaulting anyone. again, does anyone have integrity anymore?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

jesus, there's video here, he CLEARLY wasn't assaulting anyone. again, does anyone have integrity anymore?

Integrity, yes, funny thing that....

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Sarah Sanders says new rules will be put into effect immediately. I wonder what those new rules could be?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Fools

OMG Do you really think that any judge is going to support taking away the presses right to report the news? Do you really think that?
tRump was way out of bounds and as usual he has to back down.

OMG, are you really that slow? How in the world is revoking the press pass of ONE reporter, going to stop even that ONE reporter from reporting the news?

Not that you will be able to reason that out, but seeing the smoke coming from your ears would be comical.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is what a Liberal winning looks like...too funny
A condescending Jack A** "might" be allowed
back in the club.

Congrats guys, enjoy your moment in the sun

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: MisterSpock

Better yet the press should just refuse to cover anything that trump wants them to cover. We need a trump free day or two.
I say # Ignore Trump today...

You lead the way sweetheart. But we all know you wont.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

so a Judge that Trump appointed, didn't rule in Trump's favor? Well, that meant that judge was likely a very good choice and one that you should be proud of. Perhaps some other choices Trump made are good ones you might applaud, given the opportunity to remove the anti-trump blinders you wear daily.

I'd bet he isn't called on and will have to sit and shut up for a bit, out of spite and all. and if he grandstands again, I'd bet they put rules in place to have him removed. I'd classify this as a battle, not a war, much more ground to cover here, but enjoy what you see as a win for you, God knows you need even a small one every so often.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

nah, our win was the mid-term elections. pretty happy about that!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yay?

Ummm....

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

When you consider a tie a win, you've lost

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

good for you. I hope the left can use that to do something other than continue the "I hate Trump" platform that has served you so well since election time. Perhaps enacting some laws that help American People?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join