It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Refuse to call on Acosta?

You are assuming Trump will do any press conferences with Acosta in the room or even on the White House grounds. He isn’t required to give press conferences at all. It is all just a courtesy really.

would you be okay with him never answering questions form the press?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
LoL. Someone should throw a shoe at him every day. Have the White House arrest and then release the guy perpetually.

Then Acosta can brave his freedoms against the tenacity of human nature.

For everyone thinking that this is a win against Trump. LOL

It's all you got. Y'all can have it. Besides, I'm pretty sure lots of Dem leadership will sink thanks to blatant voter fraud across the country.

Either way, we will continue to vote however the hell we want.

You never had to beat Trump. You had to win us back. You didnt and so Trump put a ring on that voter base. All the voting ladies, all the voting ladies,

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Find it hard to believe you are defending a man who put his hand on a young woman in disregard to her and the job she is assigned to do. The press has every right to report and ask every tough question they wish but Acosta is grandstanding and making himself to be the story.

As far as the ruling itself, it is only in regards to the injunction of temporary relief. The question of the legality is still very much in question. I do believe in regards to the main question before the court, is not related to an individual's First Amendment Rights as argued, since he continues to report as usual. CNN is issued around 50 hard passes and their reporting is unhindered and no rights violations appear to be a valid argument.

The behavior of Acosta should be the arguments before the court. He violated the young woman's rights when he put his hands on her. He also violated the rights of every other reporter in the room. He prevented other reporters from asking the questions they have, only because he didn't like the answers he received. It's not good for this to happen, but I understand why it was done, Acosta is wrong. CNN'S ratings prove that.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
From the link:

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly ordered the White House to immediately return Acosta’s credentials while CNN’s lawsuit continues.

So Acosta/CNN won a battle... Not the war. Its not over yet.

It may be a hollow victory though... I don't see anything in the order that the Prez must call on him. He may return only to be ignored, in which case CNN might as well not have any reporter there at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Refuse to call on Acosta?

You are assuming Trump will do any press conferences with Acosta in the room or even on the White House grounds. He isn’t required to give press conferences at all. It is all just a courtesy really.

would you be okay with him never answering questions form the press?

I'm OK with Trump never answering questions from Acosta not cnn. If he's your champion for the press being victims of Trump I'm not signing up.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

honestly, i didn't even know who he was before all this, but you all sure seem to hate him. it's funny.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The White House would have that right if a democrat was in the office!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Arguably it shows Trump appointed a fair judge, would you agree?

What it really proves is that Trump judicial appointees don’t legislate from the bench, understanding where the judicial branch lies in the balance of government...unlike every liberal judge, appointed by liberals, who think their mandate is to legislate from the bench. You’ll never get the liberal dividers in this thread to come to terms with that though, so really not worth the effort.

I do find it telling that the liberals here flock to defend Acosta, the biggest grandstanding narcissistic reporter to pretend he’s a “journalist”...very, very telling.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I hope his first question next press conference - when is that middle class tax cut rolling out?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: bknapple32
The White House has every right to revoke Acosta's pass. Please do enlighten us though, what exactly is preventing the tabloid CNN from simply appointing a different emmisary??? Hmm... Why does it have to be Acosta and not one of their hundreds of other employees???

Not according to the judge. According to the judge the White House failed to give an adequate reason for the suspension and did not allow for due process.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh that’s right weren’t they working night and day on that? a reply to: knoxie

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

What it really proves is that Trump judicial appointees don’t legislate from the bench, understanding where the judicial branch lies in the balance of government...unlike every liberal judge, appointed by liberals, who think their mandate is to legislate from the bench. You’ll never get the liberal dividers in this thread to come to terms with that though, so really not worth the effort.

I do find it telling that the liberals here flock to defend Acosta, the biggest grandstanding narcissistic reporter to pretend he’s a “journalist”...very, very telling.

I find it telling that trumps chumps flock to defend trump, the biggest grandstanding narcissistic prick who pretends to be a president.. very, very telling.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Find it hard to believe you are defending a man who put his hand on a young woman in disregard to her and the job she is assigned to do. The press has every right to report and ask every tough question they wish but Acosta is grandstanding and making himself to be the story.

As far as the ruling itself, it is only in regards to the injunction of temporary relief. The question of the legality is still very much in question. I do believe in regards to the main question before the court, is not related to an individual's First Amendment Rights as argued, since he continues to report as usual. CNN is issued around 50 hard passes and their reporting is unhindered and no rights violations appear to be a valid argument.

The behavior of Acosta should be the arguments before the court. He violated the young woman's rights when he put his hands on her. He also violated the rights of every other reporter in the room. He prevented other reporters from asking the questions they have, only because he didn't like the answers he received. It's not good for this to happen, but I understand why it was done, Acosta is wrong. CNN'S ratings prove that.

Geez, are you still on the assault bandwagon? I guess you didn't get the news did you? Trump and the White House dropped that allegation altogether when this went to court because they knew it wouldn't hold water. You should probably drop it to because anyone with half a brain can see he didn't assault that intern.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No, he's really the president. Sworn in and everything. We had a vote. I swear.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

honestly, i didn't even know who he was before all this, but you all sure seem to hate him. it's funny.

I don't believe you at all, no offense

Go on YouTube his grandstanding is well documented

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
an attack on the free press my skinny white butt...

Nothing was preventing him form doing his job, nothing was preventing the rest of the press corps from doing their job (accept Acosta hogging the mic) the white house only prevented him from doing his job there.

The only harm doing to Acosta was done by Acosta acting like a clown and slapping an interns arm, instead of following the unwritten rules of behavior at a presidential press conference.

Now they are probably going to have to sign an agreement on behavior and we will get less information out of these side shows than we already do... Thanks CNN for curtailing the press at the White house.
edit on 16-11-2018 by Irishhaf because: Spelling is hard when waking up.

link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

I find it telling that trumps chumps flock to defend trump, the biggest grandstanding narcissistic prick who pretends to be a president.. very, very telling.

Indeed, they defend everything he does even if it contradicts traditional conservative and Republican norms and values. Then blame everyone else for being hypocritical. It really is funny to watch it play out.

I plan on making a compilation post soon of quotes from these people and how they change thread to thread.

link   

I've heard his name but actually thought he was someone else.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Now he should just never call on him for any questions until CNN replaces him with someone else.

No he should call on him every single time so he can make himself and CNN look horrible like always.

I'm for free press but people defending this clown is a Joke. He's unprofessional disruptive and an attention whore.

I'm for free press as well, which this lawsuit has nothing to do with. Now that I've read the replies in the thread, I think a better idea is to just put him in the back of the room. If he starts screaming out like expected, then revoke the pass again and make CNN go to court again to fight it or send another idiot.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Spoken like a true partisan hack.

Good luck with your thread. I'm sure there will be an equal opposite reaction.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join