It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Now he should just never call on him for any questions until CNN replaces him with someone else.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Not only that, but it’s temporary, like the anti-Trumper’s frothing glee over the decision. The judge has yet to rule on CNN’s first amendment case. The judge is essentially giving Accosta a chance to prove he isn’t a grandstanding d-bag.

Judge Timothy Kelly, who was appointed by Trump a year ago to federal district court in Washington, said the White House must give the credential back temporarily to give Acosta a chance to persuade the administration that he should be allowed to keep it.

NBC
edit on 16-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Funny thread.

House of Cards.

One by one.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Because trump is the epitome of classiness right? My dog has more class.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

and what do you think the outcome of that will be? The judge isnt a trump koolaid junkie he has to go by the law.
oh no..... now what?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yep.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

That's a dude...man

lmao

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Propagandalf

and what do you think the outcome of that will be? The judge isnt a trump koolaid junkie he has to go by the law.
oh no..... now what?

Yes, Accosta has to pretend he’s a good little boy or he gets his pass taken again. I can only hope that with the way you guys are breathlessly counting this as a win it is all dashed because you bet your dredibility on a CNN reporter.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro
So what, it's still cute and adorable too.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Refuse to call on Acosta?

You are assuming Trump will do any press conferences with Acosta in the room or even on the White House grounds. He isn’t required to give press conferences at all. It is all just a courtesy really.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Trump needs to start having private "lunches" or "snack time" and invite the journalists of his choice and at the same time end all press conferences.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

In all fairness (not disagreeing with you on Trump's own strategy in answering / avoiding questions etc) but looking back most WH press secretaries in my memory always do the political circles, spin, etc. Giving Trump some credit factually he has been pretty available to the press (whether or not that is a positive thing for Trump probably depends on if you like him or not and any preconceived biases one may have on things like charisma and decorum etc.)...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Arguably it shows Trump appointed a fair judge, would you agree?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's only as the legal wrangling works it's way through the courts.

"CNN had asked that Acosta’s credentials be returned while a lawsuit over their revocation goes forward."

So it's been ordered back to Acosta while we wait for the suit to settle. At least that my read of the article.

link   
Stupid laptop DP
edit on 16-11-2018 by thegeneraldisarray because: (no reason given)

link   
Oops again.

edit on 16-11-2018 by thegeneraldisarray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I'm trying to wrap my head around what the actual lawsuit is, and what the judges actual ruling was. So Acosta gets a press pass back according to the article - does that mean a judge can decide who can enter the WH grounds? What is the limitation then from independent journos / aka bloggers, etc. from filing suit so that they can have hard passes to the WH grounds as well?

I have a feeling there are myriad other ways the WH and SS can keep Acosta from being near the president? I don't see how being disallowed from the WH grounds is a revocation of the 1st amendment, i.e. Acosta is still free to write or say whatever he wants on the air (given the obvious exceptions of threats, etc.)

This whole thing seems like a laughable fiasco between two people with big egos.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Some swing that way; some don't.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]DBCowboy[/post]
a reply to: [post]bknapple32[/post]

Press bad.

Orange man good.

*shrugs*

So Acostass got his press pass back.

Guess I was wrong. I didn't think this could happen.

Orange man bad

Orange koolaide drinkers good

Press ok

Press OK, Acosta biggest jackass to ever possess press credentials...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Now he should just never call on him for any questions until CNN replaces him with someone else.

No he should call on him every single time so he can make himself and CNN look horrible like always.

I'm for free press but people defending this clown is a Joke. He's unprofessional disruptive and an attention whore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join