It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

How could Acosta be exerting power over the woman? He was defending his own personal space from her attempt to exert power over him and take his microphone.

I think you are delusional if you think his action was an assault or misogynistic act.

As for Acosta dominating press conferences, I have been reading lately about his controversial style. It seems he does ask questions more than the other reporters in the room. It also seems he editorializes a bit.

I don’t think it’s the end of the world if a reporter editorializes a bit, in fact, I find it helpful to see where they are coming from.

As for talking out of turn, Trump could try explaining to him that he is upset about how he talks out of turn and set clearer rules.

edit on 17pmSat, 17 Nov 2018 23:44:35 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: network dude

I had a hard time with the videos I watched making a clear decision on how much Acosta was taking time from other reporters overall. I was going to find some other clips to see if this was true or not. This is something I could see being an issue.

I don’t see how Acosta “assaulted” the intern, and I’m going to go with he didn’t, or Trump would have already tried to charge him.

I think that conservatives should realize that Acosta has a legitimate viewpoint that many people agree with, and the questions I’ve heard him ask so far seem to be highly appropriate ones that many would like the answers to.

A lot of conservatives these days are acting like children. I’ve seen two of them on ATS mark a poster to be mocked by their friends in the past day or two. Maybe they were children, it is hard to know.

so rather than address my post, you went with a strawman, followed by whataboutism? You used to be better than this.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's called being polite. That's not a rein. Though I suppose some would call his behavior "keepin' it real", or some such drivel, rather than behavior that deserves a spanking from his mother.

Sorry Seagull, but I must disagree. The Fourth Estate does not curtsy for the king

People used to expect courtesy - then were mocked for being politically correct

Politeness is in the eye of the beholder, and courtesy is something our fearless leader* doesn't understand

Even in the White House, the press should be holding our governments feet to the fire. If I had any gumption I would go find you hundreds of instances where the press was not polite to our president (even Obama
) or other government officials - but I am low on time and gumption today

edit on 11/18/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Trump meanwhile is the most transparent president we've had in my life time.

You're probably right - but it's completely accidental

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

More whataboutism?

What's your point? That if Obama had taken away somebody's press pass they might have taken him to court to get it back?

But that didn't happen - did it?

:-)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is deafening, I joined up here because i'm getting tired of the anti President popaganda. Obama has done this but no one made this much of a deal over it.

Thanks Tim for the help!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

This is deafening, I joined up here because i'm getting tired of the anti President popaganda. Obama has done this but no one made this much of a deal over it.

Did you watch your own clip? How do you connect this to Trump?
edit on 11/18/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Did I post the wrong clip?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The same way you're connecting the rudeness of the press, not just Acosta to make it clear he's not the only one, just the worst offender, to the current President.

This is hardly a recent phenomena, it's been a growing trend/problem for some time now--it's just reached a current crescendo during this kerfuffle.

Frankly, I want better from professional, supposedly, journalists, again, supposedly. Just as I want better from my President

Do I expect it? No. Am I disappointed? Yes.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

Did I post the wrong clip?

Only you can answer that

I just think it is not making the point you were trying to make. How does your clip counter anti-Trump propaganda?

Reporters were tough on Obama. Obama was tough on reporters. This has been going on for as long as we've had a free press

Why should Trump get a pass?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Frankly, I want better from professional, supposedly, journalists, again, supposedly.

I want better from our journalists too - but I doubt what I want to see would please you :-)

These guys have been kissing his ass for too long

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I know, it’s always funny watching them trying to form opinions on their own before being told what to think. a reply to: odzeandennz

Strange referring to yourself as "them".

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

These guys have been kissing his ass for too long

You must be talking about Obama!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Haha halarious

Nothing more to add.

Free press 1Trump 0

Like you people know ANYTHING about that.
Cheer for a "free press" here; live in tyranny there.
Well done

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I've said this many of times, yet you Trump supporters never address it. So I'll say it again... clearly the media has PROVEN many of Trump's lies and contradictions. Deny it? Search YouTube for the many contradictions and lies coming out of the horses mouth. How can anyone stand by someone who has clearly and blatantly lied numerous times! You're supporting a president who has ZERO credibility and not only in America but around the world! Yet he has the ignorance and stupidity to point the finger at the media and say their lying when the videos prove otherwise! Sure, different news outlets lean a liberal or conservative way. But fact is facts. Even Fox News had to swallow some of their conservative slants and face the untruths of what came out of Trump's mouth!

When Trump is caught on video saying the ignorant rhetoric and lies almost on a daily basis, our media wouldn't be doing it's job by not exposing it! It's not like he only put his foot in his mouth just a couple of times! This guy is making our country a laughing stock and his narcissistic character is allowing our adversaries to play to his ego and business interests. Give me a break. Americans who think this president represents the character and values of this country should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Due process was denied... for a privilege. Sure, seems legit.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just like we have an adversarial justice system, we have an adversarial press.

But it isnt like journalists are government officials. They are just business people. Their business is to sell advertising space. First and last, they are rewarded and punished based on how many people pay attention to them.

Journalism isn't some glorified calling, it's selling want-ads while pretending to report stuff you need to know.

How did it get decided that CNN has a standing invite to the White House, but a correspondent from Facebook doesn't? If they shrink down to less than 200,000 viewers for this ad-man's show, does he get replaced by someone with more viewers? Like the weather man?

Apparently the White House press corps needs a student hand-book.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Fools

OMG Do you really think that any judge is going to support taking away the presses right to report the news? Do you really think that?
tRump was way out of bounds and as usual he has to back down.

Revoking the pass of a reporter for battering a woman during a press conference is taking away the presses right to report the news?...and is out of bounds? Jim Acosta isnt the press, he is one individual out of thousands that work for the press. CNN can simply replace him with someone else. They didnt ban CNN as a whole nor did they ban the press as a whole.

What part of this don't you get?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: dragonridr

More whataboutism?

What's your point? That if Obama had taken away somebody's press pass they might have taken him to court to get it back?

But that didn't happen - did it?

:-)

No he took it a couple of steps further and tried to have reporters jailed. He actually charged a reporter with treason for not revealing their source.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I agree Acosta sees himself as fighting back. But it’s not the job of reporters to fight back. Theirs is to gather information, fairly and accurately, and let readers and viewers decide what to do with it.

I know how quaint that sounds. But following that tried-and-true formula is how the media built its credibility. The abandonment of decorum is part of the abandonment of standards and is destroying public trust.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join