It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I had a hard time with the videos I watched making a clear decision on how much Acosta was taking time from other reporters overall. I was going to find some other clips to see if this was true or not. This is something I could see being an issue.

I don’t see how Acosta “assaulted” the intern, and I’m going to go with he didn’t, or Trump would have already tried to charge him.

I think that conservatives should realize that Acosta has a legitimate viewpoint that many people agree with, and the questions I’ve heard him ask so far seem to be highly appropriate ones that many would like the answers to.

A lot of conservatives these days are acting like children. I’ve seen two of them on ATS mark a poster to be mocked by their friends in the past day or two. Maybe they were children, it is hard to know.
edit on 17pmSat, 17 Nov 2018 16:25:40 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I’d like to see you try and charge Acosta with anything whatsoever from this encounter with the intern and see if it holds up in court. So you want to try battery? Go ahead and make a case for it...

Personally, I think you guys are trying too hard to manipulate facts against reality. It makes you look desperate. If Trump wants to rewrite rules for press releases, he can go for it.
edit on 17pmSat, 17 Nov 2018 16:21:16 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

He did touch her, he tried to defend his space while saying “pardon me.” It wasn’t assault, or battery, or any of that.

People have a right to defend their personal space, especially if they are polite about it.
edit on 17pmSat, 17 Nov 2018 16:24:43 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Acosta did not beat on an intern, that’s ridiculous. She was invading his space and he pushed her away. As a conservative, you should understand the concepts of standing your ground and self-defense?

What was Acosta defending against? A woman who weights half his weight and is trying to do her job... Acosta is a bully who doesn't understand the concept of one question. He was/is not the only reporter there, but instead of "politely" giving the mic to the intern, who happens to be a woman, now left-wingers like you want to claim he was defending himself?... Are you really that naive?

I realize Acosta only gently pushed her away while saying “pardon me” but it is the same concept. Everyone has the right to defend their personal space, especially if they are polite about it.

He didn't "gently push her" he was excerting power over that woman. Acosta, like many other left-wingers, is a control freak and an attention freak who can't play by the rules.

Sometimes I think you guys are trying to be ignorant. Are you just trying to get a rise out of liberals or something?

Do you have no concept what assault really is?

Acosta didn't need to use more force because the intern was no man, or wasn't a bigger woman. Acosta was supposed to only get one question. If he is more than capable of doing this in the light of day and left-wingers like you would defend him, there is no reason to doubt that Acosta would be even more forceful agaisnt women in private. If that intern had been your wife, or sister/daughter you would be singing a much different tune.

edit on 17-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

It was rude. Not to mention uncalled for. There are, or were, unwritten rules of conduct at White House pressers--apparently they're going to be written, now...

Assault? That's stretching it a bit...it was still, very much, uncalled for.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It was rude. Not to mention uncalled for. There are, or were, unwritten rules of conduct at White House pressers--apparently they're going to be written, now...

Journalism with reins on it is not journalism. All presidents have been subjected to insistent journalists and hard questions

Trump is a snowflake and is surrounded by a very large and protected safe space when it comes to reporters. He and the White House resort to BS stuff like accusing a reporter of accosting a tender, delicate young intern (she's probably a virgin too - someone should ask Sarah) even when we can see that he didn't with our own eyes

The times we live in - right

edit on 11/17/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Sillyolme

Arguably it shows Trump appointed a fair judge, would you agree?

What it really proves is that Trump judicial appointees don’t legislate from the bench, understanding where the judicial branch lies in the balance of government...unlike every liberal judge, appointed by liberals, who think their mandate is to legislate from the bench. You’ll never get the liberal dividers in this thread to come to terms with that though, so really not worth the effort.

I do find it telling that the liberals here flock to defend Acosta, the biggest grandstanding narcissistic reporter to pretend he’s a “journalist”...very, very telling.

Not just defending Acosta, defending the Free Press. Because most people with half a brain understand how important it is to have a Free Press.....

“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”
~ Adolf Hitler

Hey everyone! Look, it's a child that actually believes America has a free press!

Let's gather around him in a circle and laugh at his ignorance!

You talk about this poster being a child yet your idea of an “adult” conversation is gathering up your buddies, running a circle around him, and mocking him? If you fail to see how ridiculous this is, I’m sorry.

Anyone dumb enough to believe America(or any country) has a free press deserves to be public mocked and ridiculed.

Its easier to buy the Flat Earth Theory than that nonsense. There's far more proof the earth is flat than there is to validate the theory of a free press.

I can barely stop laughing at the thought that there are actually people on THIS site that buy that idiocy.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Carcharadon

That was the Russians. Clear and irrefutable case of Russian election meddling.

Riiight, the same old left-wing tactic of either "you agree with me or you are a Russian troll/spy." Seriously STFU already with that crap and learn to actually make an argument that makes sense...

Guess I should have used the /sarc tag in that post.

I was mocking the Leftist.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: MisterSpock

Better yet the press should just refuse to cover anything that trump wants them to cover. We need a trump free day or two.
I say # Ignore Trump today...

You are confused, Trump doesn’t need the press. The press NEEDS Trump.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

*sigh*

How many times will you guys have to be given a civics lesson before you learn it? His first amendment rights were not affirmed by the TRO (in other words, your OP is fake news, this has nothing to do with a free press). What the TRO said was that maybe Acosta was denied due process (dubious imo) so until the case could be heard, the press pass would need to be reinstated.

This will fail. Just like the travel ban challenges failed. Trump has appointed hundreds of judges iirc so the odds of an activist slipping through are fairly high.

But hey, at least you got to feel good about being right for a few brief moments before this gets wiped into the dustbin.

ETA:
The standard for granting a TRO is that substantial harm would be done by not halting a new activity before a case is heard. Acosta having his press pass yanked will certainly do him great harm, ergo the TRO. He'll get his day in court and on that day, he'll lose his press pass.
edit on 17-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Apparently you've forgotten all of the times obama threw people out of the press briefing simply because they deviated from his prescribed list of questions he would accept. Talk about a baby. Trump meanwhile is the most transparent president we've had in my life time. He loves to go out and talk to the press and when he does so, it's not scripted. It's quite refreshing.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It's called being polite.

That's not a rein. Though I suppose some would call his behavior "keepin' it real", or some such drivel, rather than behavior that deserves a spanking from his mother.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The problem with acosta is that he wasn't asking questions, he was making a protest. When told his turn was over he kept going. When told again, he kept going. When the intern tries to take the mic he acts like a five year old and turns to shield the mic and pushes her arm away. Not assault imo, but childish and deserving of suspending his press pass. In fact, if I were trump, I would instruct my comms team to not take any questions from CNN until he is reassigned.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Isn't it hilarious that actual politeness is considered a shackle on a free speech, yet the same people want hate speech to be an actual law, they want gender pronouns to be enforced by law, and they're all in on PC culture?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Isn't it hilarious that actual politeness is considered a shackle on a free speech, yet the same people want hate speech to be an actual law, they want gender pronouns to be enforced by law, and they're all in on PC culture?

It is the main goal of the left. To suppress the right to free speech of anyone who is not left-wing, and to force people to kowtow to the left-wing agenda.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Funny how people forget what happened in the past Obama went after the media. In fact he went further than Trump.

www.vox.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Well free speech doesn't give you the right to attack someone either. People should not be allowed to threaten others free speech or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I said nothing about threats.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You do realize that the judge only ruled that he didn't get due process right? All they have to do is give him a hearing, find that he is out of line and then revoke the pass again if they so choose to do so. Myself I would seat him in the back, never call on him and if he yells questions have him removed every time.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jeff77

Yep, if CNN wants to be petty and not reassign acosta elsewhere, then do it right back.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join