It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Annee
Ok, so I watched Acosta on YouTube.

How is he rude?

I can say -- the more he gets Trump to talk -- the dumber Trump sounds.

That's how it looks when your brain only sees the world in one narrow TDS frequency/wavelength.

No surprise there.

Assumptions from you?

I'll pass.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: je55ejame5
Acosta asked a few questions that the majority of America would like answered

Hilarious how people live in their own little bubbles.

The majority of American never heard the name Acosta let alone know or care about what questions (s)he may have asked anyone. So they certainly dont care about the answer to the questions.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: Annee

Actually I always said it was at most simple assault but would more closely follow what would constitute battery rather than assault and I think in some thread covering this I admitted I was wrong calling it simple assault.

There was no assault from Acosta.

Yes yes we get it she brutally attacked that poor man.... you know doing what her boss indicated she do, they should lock her up for felony assault it was so mean.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

How is he rude?

That's how it looks when your brain only sees the world in one narrow TDS frequency/wavelength.

No surprise there.

Assumptions from you?

I'll pass.

No, it's a simple observation of you and those like you.

In the real world of unbiased minds Acosta was completely out of bounds, and Trump let it unsettle him. He should have remained completely calm. Both Trump and Acosta showed some faults, but Acosta was the instigator and was the one committing all the real wrong.

To all the little children who hate Trump, it was all Trump in the wrong. Last week the children wanted to crucify some other white male for simple assault. This week they are defending and denying the Acosta assault.

Small minded, one narrow frequency/wavelength of childish and selfish thought patterns.
edit on 16-11-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Orange man bad

Actually he has been good. Obama did worse. Did you complain about Obama?...

Press ok

You mean the left-wing press which has been lying, posting fake news claiming POTUS Trump wants to deport all immigrants, that Melania suddenly disappeared (after she just had surgery) and the left wing lunatics were claiming they thought Trump did something to her and they were worried for her. (roflmao)

The same left-wing media, who like Obama and his administration, labeled everyone in the right as "nazis/rightwing extremists."

History has shown that time and again left-wingers become dictators every time. From Hitler, Mussolini, Mao, the castro brothers, the CCP, the kremlin who even to this day are the ones in control of Russia, etc, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I have to admit all this winning is getting kinda boring. a reply to: bknapple32

This is the problem with your party and people like yourself. You just "DON'T FRICKEN GET IT". Your idea of "winning" is allowing rude, unhinged loons to continue being your voice of reason.

The guy's an unprofessional A-hole that has no business calling himself a journalist by any stretch. Personally, I think he needs a good ass paddling but I'll stop right there on that subject.

Acosta is doing more damage to the Dem party than he is good, as are the the likes of Pelosi, Waters, Clinton, Hollywood, Etc...and....well, people like yourself, that continue the hateful rhetoric and divisive spewing of insults and your post are full of them as well as many others here.

Many of you'll think a lot of us are to stupid to see Trump for what he is. The mere fact that many of you have this mentality, does nothing more but show how ignorant you are and how much you grossly underestimate the members of this board and the citizens of this country.

"WE GET IT" we're just sick and tired of the constant whiny childish and corrupt antics. The Dem Party has become nothing more than a party of victims and Acosta is a perfect example of this and what the left has become overall. FFS, grow a pair and grow up and if you can't be somewhat respectful than just STFU, we're done listening to your poor me, poor me, antagonistic BS.

Take a break from the hate and step off the hamster wheel people.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: Annee

Actually I always said it was at most simple assault but would more closely follow what would constitute battery rather than assault and I think in some thread covering this I admitted I was wrong calling it simple assault.

There was no assault from Acosta.

Yes yes we get it she brutally attacked that poor man.....

Your words.

Not mine.

Drama much?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So, wasn't the White House press room previously nixons bowling alley or something? I mean, it's not written in the bill of rights that the president has to host their "show prep" for their editorials on their networks. I wonder what the line of thinking by that was. That Jim Acosta is owed DJ Trump's attention, as long as the status quo remains quo?

Thus:

"we're going to totally renovate the White House press room. Bring it into the 21st century. It'll be closed while the work continues, should be about 23 months. In the meantime, all future press briefings will be held in the parking lot, rain or shine. If the new press area takes up your parking space, you'll find your new temporary parking spot out back behind the recycling Dumpster, Mr. Acosta.
edit on 16-11-2018 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Maybe Acosta should have just went back outside and changed his outfit and went back in and joined the press corps.
According to this moron for a president, no one would be able to recognize him.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Media shills, rejoice!

Such behavior was, until recently, lousy and boorish behavior, even within the mass media. Someone who acted like an ass, who had no respect for all his peers, even worse, which makes him look like even more of an idiot, compared to most other cases.

Except for President Trump, naturally. Such behavior pales in comparison to what Trump did!! He took away his press pass!

It didn't work, though. A judge decreed the President's actions were wrong, and had his press pass re-instated.

Of course, we know that when our Media-God demands it, we shall always obey, and fulfill, God's decree...at once, if not sooner!!

That's how a judge will come out of nowhere, to spew for the media. Same way it's always happened, over and over again. Same as it always will happen, over and over, in the future.

Ask yourself if this judge was aware of all the facts, and how it actually unfolded, and if the judge had obtained all of the evidence....or if it even mattered......

Wouldn't our judges be working on cases that are much more relevant, crucial, or important, than this??

And if not, what is so important about this case, compared to all other pending cases?

His behavior warranted removal of his pass privileges. At least, it warrants a temporary loss.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

How is he rude?

I think conservatives think Acosta is rude because he is asking Trump legitimate questions, questions that conservatives don't want to be answered - thus, why it is rude to ask them -

Trump himself already applauded a fellow Republican for body-slamming a reporter, so it seems to me like Trump and his followers are more interested in suppressing the free press through whatever means necessary than anything else.

I'm still reading about Acosta though to make an opinion on his reporting.
edit on 17amSat, 17 Nov 2018 00:54:09 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Can't wait to see the hijinx that will ensue when he's not chosen to ask a question!

I keep wondering when the other reporters are going to just tackle the guy bind and gag him so someone else can speak.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

His peers ...including fox news..... banded together to defend him. Sheesh the blinders needed to think like a koolaide drinker

Oh really? Take a gander at this. I don't think they all were so supportive of babblin' Jimmy.

(Blinders and koolaide are optional for the left while viewing this video)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh wow how cute, you did the tRump thing. Does that make a big difference? Or makes you feel like you are fighting the good fight?

Silly liberal me is more like it.

A bit like you lot saying Obummer and Killary in every other thread, for years.

Donnie isn't worth of being called anything other than "little dondon" or tRump.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This entire thread is like a group a children shouting, and ego point-scoring.

Actually made me log back in after years just to say how disappointed I am in what this community has become

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yea, but you apparently missed my post prior to this one you replied to....

No one sued their way back in when bummer kicked them out.

Are you American? Are you happy that so much of your tax payments are going to be spent on these ridiculous law suits against a sitting POTUS?

I'm pretty disgusted with all of it. It is like being stuck in a never ending "I know you are but what am I" playground fight from elementary school.

Fun stuff. Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Fools

OMG Do you really think that any judge is going to support taking away the presses right to report the news? Do you really think that?
tRump was way out of bounds and as usual he has to back down.

Actually he wasn't. As far as I am aware he never said that CNN couldn't send another reporter in Acosta's place. He only said he didnt want Acosta to be the reporter sent (by revoking his pree pass). CNN simply refused to... though I'm not really sure why. It would seem silly to potentially cut themselves off from the white house (had the judge ruled in trump's favour) over one reporter. So really there was no point to all this, it was just a big pissing match between CNN and Trump. This time CNN won, even if Acosta never gets to ask another question while inside or even near the White House. Though I am sure if the mean potus doesn't call on him eventually CNN will piss and moan until the last stars burnout.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

Actually he wasn't. As far as I am aware he never said that CNN couldn't send another reporter in Acosta's place. He only said he didnt want Acosta to be the reporter sent (by revoking his pree pass).

The White House Press Corps and the White House Corresponents Association are agencied independent of the White House. Reporter seating assignments are predetermined by contract.

Trump doesn't have the authority to dictate to media outlets who they hire for what jobs, the questions they ask or the viewpoint of the stories they write. He doesn't have the authority to "fire" reporters who ask questions that he doesn't like or author stories that make him look bad.

edit on 17-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

CNN actually has the most press passes than any network according to Sarah Sanders. They have 50 hard passes to the white house losing one doesn't violate anything. If they went by ratings they would be replaced by bloggers who have larger audiences. What I find interesting is you can tell she doesnt expect him to stay in the white house press pool very long. She went straight into the fact he doesn't have a 1st amendment right to be there and is putting rules in place to prevent his behaviour.

edit on 11/17/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

How is he rude?

I think conservatives think Acosta is rude because he is asking Trump legitimate questions, questions that conservatives don't want to be answered - thus, why it is rude to ask them -

Trump himself already applauded a fellow Republican for body-slamming a reporter, so it seems to me like Trump and his followers are more interested in suppressing the free press through whatever means necessary than anything else.

I'm still reading about Acosta though to make an opinion on his reporting.

He's pressuring Trump to talk.

Trump doesn't do well under pressure.

The focus should be on Trump's responses.

Hard journalism is nothing new.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join