It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Trump is such a whiny little b***h. LOL How anyone can consider him to be a tough individual is beyond me. Acosta asked a few questions that the majority of America would like answered and Trump freaks out and pouts, then tries to ban the reporter who asked these questions...idiot.

I am sure this judge's ruling has triggered Trump and his disciples and that for me is what makes this story great.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Now Jim is gonna be that kid in class with his hand up yelling.. Pick me! Pick me!! and never gets picked.
Then he is gonna be on television crying about never getting picked and it's gonna be about his Constitutional Right to be picked to ask a question...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
JA is there to piss trump off, period. Any simpleton with a lukewarm IQ can figure that out. You don’t shout over the potus, other reporters and swat aids away if you want to be considered a real journalist.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Don't you think Acosta has the right to push someone out of his personal space if they are invading it? The doctored video left out the "Pardon me, ma'am," which makes it clear that he was trying to be considerate.

I find it hard to believe that Trump has empathy for his female staffer after praising Greg Gianforte, a Republican who body-slammed a reporter and actually did get charged with assault.

I also find it somewhat funny that Trump praises an ally of his for a real, charged-and-convicted assault, yet is unable to take it when a reporter gently pushes an aide out of the way who is trying to steal his microphone.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 19:34:57 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
JA is there to piss trump off, period. Any simpleton with a lukewarm IQ can figure that out. You don’t shout over the potus, other reporters and swat aids away if you want to be considered a real journalist.

There can't be too many dolts who think Acosta is a real journalist. He is an activist who knows little about journalism. He makes more statements than asks questions. His questions are shallow and not well thought out. He shouts over others who are journalists.
The new rules will keep him from interrupting the adults. He will sit quietly and enjoy a new experience called listening. If he doesn't, goodbye Jim.

ETA: Didn't Obama restrict Fox?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

In a perfectly normal setting sure.. but at the white house asking the president questions there are some rules once you start shouting statements at the president and refuse to let anyone else ask a question....well he is lucky Secret Service didn't grab him and remove him by force.

Also the left just spent the entire summer telling us how you must believe the woman, or that you should never put hands on a woman. So the hypocrisy of the left now saying he never touched her, I really don't care about their feelings being hurt.

I fully expect the final decision will be he permanently loses his credentials, because he has not suffered lasting harm from this, and the Press is not being suppressed. Which will lead to Trump writing rules bases off the legal decision that will make the white house press corp more useless than it already is which is not a win for anyone.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

He did not put hands on a woman (the intern).

She was actually the physical aggressor.

Not Acosta.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: je55ejame5
Trump is such a whiny little b***h. LOL How anyone can consider him to be a tough individual is beyond me. Acosta asked a few questions that the majority of America would like answered and Trump freaks out and pouts, then tries to ban the reporter who asked these questions...idiot.

I am sure this judge's ruling has triggered Trump and his disciples and that for me is what makes this story great.

You do know by Law the press is just there for the presidents convenience and not because they have a right to be there right? The judge overstepped his bounds. The press pass is the same as a visitors pass and can be revoked for any reason. the solution for the president is to just stop having press conferences and just use presidential addresses when he needs to make a statement from the oval office. Also stop the daily press briefings and just use twitter.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ok, so I watched Acosta on YouTube.

How is he rude?

I can say -- the more he gets Trump to talk -- the dumber Trump sounds.

edit on 16-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You do know by Law the press is just there for the presidents convenience and not because they have a right to be there right?

I don't know that. Do you have a source? It's my understanding that the White House Press Corps and the White House Correspondents Association are independent entities that choose their own representatives.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: burntheships

Here is a real incident of assault:

A reporter was assaulted by a Republican congressional candidate, who went so far as to knock him to the ground, "wail on him," and break his glasses.

Reporter Ben Jacobs of The Guardian said he approached Gianforte, a former technology executive, at a meet-and-greet event at the candidate's office in Bozeman, Montana.

Jacobs allegedly went up to Gianforte to get his opinion on the Congressional Budget Office's analysis of the American Health Care Act as he was preparing for a television interview. All of a sudden, Gianforte "seemed to just snap," Jacobs said.

"He grabbed my recorder, and next thing I knew, I'd gone from being vertical to horizontal on the floor," he told "GMA" shortly after the incident.

"He was on top of me and wailing on me," Jacobs added.

ABC News

What does Trump think about this assault?

President Trump on Friday said he had no regret for making light of Rep. Greg Gianforte's physical assault on a reporter at a Montana rally Thursday night.

Trump: No regrets for praising Gianforte for body-slamming reporter

So Trump and conservatives tolerate assault when it comes to a conservative candidate body-slamming and breaking the glasses of a reporter, but get upset when a reporter tries to lightly brush away an aide trying to get his microphone?

Does this mean that Trump supporters dislike it when the protected free press ask them hard questions? Enough to be fine with politicians assaulting reporters, but hypocritically, willing to accuse a reporter of assault who doesn't deserve it?

Conservatives need to clean up their act. I would suggest starting with being open to the press.

so on a points only system, I'm figuring Trump had 9 points against him, but Acosta had 11, so in the end, Trump may win here. We were assigning whataboutism points right?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not Acosta.

So you are stating for the record that he did not touch her at all in any way?

I was always told growing up if a woman is beating you, do not lay hands on her... he clearly in every video I saw brought his arm down across hers in an attempt to keep the mic in his hand. All he had to do was hold it and pull away without striking at her, which in his snit he could not restrain himself from doing.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We were assigning whataboutism points right?

I see it as hypocrisy, rather than whataboutism.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Not Acosta.

So you are stating for the record that he did not touch her at all in any way?

I was always told growing up if a woman is beating you, do not lay hands on her... he clearly in every video I saw brought his arm down across hers in an attempt to keep the mic in his hand. All he had to do was hold it and pull away without striking at her, which in his snit he could not restrain himself from doing.

He blocked her aggression -- as she crossed in front of his body, grabbing the mike out of his hand -- while he used the back of his hand/arm to stop her while saying "Excuse me m'am"

ASSAULT!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I love how you lot love pretending it was assault.

Honestly make it so easy to spot the real members of cult-trump.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Exactly like Avenatti.

"She hit me first".

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Exactly like Avenatti.

"She hit me first".

Whataboutism!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ok, so I watched Acosta on YouTube.

How is he rude?

I can say -- the more he gets Trump to talk -- the dumber Trump sounds.

That's how it looks when your brain only sees the world in one narrow TDS frequency/wavelength.

No surprise there.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: Annee

Actually I always said it was at most simple assault but would more closely follow what would constitute battery rather than assault and I think in some thread covering this I admitted I was wrong calling it simple assault.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: Annee

Actually I always said it was at most simple assault but would more closely follow what would constitute battery rather than assault and I think in some thread covering this I admitted I was wrong calling it simple assault.

There was no assault from Acosta.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join