It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Teikiatsu

A judge ruled that there needed to be due process regarding the press pass. So let's get one thing clear... there was a violation of free press.
False.

This amounted to procedure, so a Temp pass was given.

The case continues on whether there was a violation of the free press.

Damn, you're so deluded, liberal Media indoctrination like crazy.
edit on 16-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The next President Trump press conference:

Jim, I see your have your pass again. Please move to the back row and have a seat. Make room in front for the reporters that I will actually call on to ask a question.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thegeneraldisarray

I watched the video, what parts do you have a problem with? I heard Acosta ask some reasonable questions, and he was polite. Was the problem that he was trying to get Trump to answer a question while he was walking? I've seen that behavior from pretty much all reporters, from wherever forever.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 17:22:52 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: thegeneraldisarray

I watched the video, what parts do you have a problem with? I heard Acosta ask some reasonable questions, and he was polite.
Okay, so you're being willfully dense and everybody sees it.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Not willingly dense. I'm interested in what you find to be the problem. I seem to have missed it. I'm willing to concede the issue if I understand where you are coming from.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 17:24:15 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: bknapple32

Trump calls for decorum, lol. Where is his decorum? After he kept on calling CNN reporters they're fake news and refusing to answer their questions. Respect goes both ways. Just because he's the president, doesn't give him the right to ignore the press when pressed for answers to questions? The press has a responsibility to get at the truth from our elected officials. The press works on behalf of all Americans.

Now Trump says he's for a free press? This is the same guy that kept saying at every chance he could "the media is the enemy of the people" and they're fake news! Lets see if Trump can control himself and stop saying it, I highly doubt it.

Why would he stop saying it? It's true. The MSM is fake news and the enemy of the people.
Acosta can ask his questions - or rather make statements as he usually does - but their will be rules in place that he must now follow or be ejected. Those rules are likely to be that once his time is up, he shuts his mouth and stops hogging the mic. Obviously the President will not be held to the same rules. It's his press conference. He gets to speak more often, obviously.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: burntheships

"Manhandle", lol. I'd hate to see you in a fight, you wouldn't last half a second if you consider that "manhandling".

Oh but I thought the entire argument was just a distraction
from the really important things in life lol.

But here you are.....

ETA I am a woman by the way and would have no problem putting
that asshat Acosta in his place.

Lmfao, nice 🤣

Can't wait to see its rebuttal
edit on 16-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Fix

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Not willingly dense. I'm interested in what you find to be the problem. I seem to have missed it. I'm willing to concede the issue if I understand where you are coming from.

Fairly obvious where he's coming from. The video wasn't doctored. It was zoomed in. There was no speeding up or slowing down, and Acosta saying 'pardon me, ma'am' is not relevant, unless words remove the fact that he pushed the young lady's arm away forcibly in order to keep hold of the mic.

It's all ended well. Acosta is allowed back in, but now has to behave himself as he should have done in the first place.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Absolutely not.

Already in this thread, you've expressed disdain for conservative media as well as denigrate "right wing" logic and information through baseless opinions.

I wouldn't even attempt to change your immovable and indoctrinated views, only Trump can do that 😌

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I gave you an option, man. I was interested to hear what you had to say. Maybe someone else can clear it up for me.

I'm also still interested in why conservatives are okay with a Republican candidate who body-slammed a reporter, even breaking his glasses, and got officially charged with assault but seem to think that a reporter lightly brushing someone away who is invading their space, while saying "Pardon me", is a problem.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 17:50:31 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

You've never watched him in the White House press conferences then? You should.

How do you feel about all the other reporters who would like to ask questions? Do they matter ?

I don't know what to say if you have never watched him in action.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thanks, THIS comment was helpful. I’ll look into finding some clips.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It is a distraction, no doubt about it. Thanks for reiterating that fact.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He will do what he has always done...talk/yell over whoever was called on for a question.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I gave you an option, man. I was interested to hear what you had to say. Maybe someone else can clear it up for me.

I'm also still interested in why conservatives are okay with a Republican candidate who body-slammed a reporter, even breaking his glasses, and got officially charged with assault but seem to think that a reporter lightly brushing someone away who is invading their space, while saying "Pardon me", is a problem.

Yes, because “every” conservative think things like that are okay! Though it does seem to me that was a pretty even match if I remember, between two men. It wasn’t a 220 lb Acosta beating on a 140 lb intern...apples and oranges, but you knew that.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Trump should fight fire with fire.....give Alex Jones a Press Pass and seat him right beside Acosta. Now that would be entertainment

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Interesting times when it's argued that banning 1 reporter is a violation of the 1st amendment but banning multiple firearms isn't a violation of the 2nd....

A2D

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

This one is great. I just cringe when this guy gets the mic.

edit on 16-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Falenor

I second this.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I do have an open mind.... But I think we have wildly different ideas of what doctored means, to me a doctored video would have false images in it, neither video had anything false he did bring his arm down with enough force to jar her since she did stumble forward slightly in both videos.

edit on 16-11-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join