It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I watched the original footage and Acosta did not manhandle the female staffer. He gently pushed her away as she was trying to take his mic, and said "Pardon me, ma'am."

If this was assault, why not file charges? Oh, wait... the original footage proves there wasn't assault.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 16:26:02 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: stosh64

Because trump is the epitome of classiness right? My dog has more class.

And I dont even have a dog...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I watched it and saw Acosta purposely take the edge of his
hand and whack the female staffer twice. He hit her twice.

Per Google

What is the definition of hitting someone?
: to move your hand, a bat, etc., quickly so that it touches someone or something in a forceful or violent way. : to cause (something, such as a ball) to move by hitting it forcefully with a bat, racket, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

Because trump is the epitome of classiness right? My dog has more class.

And I dont even have a dog...

and that means you dont know #, kapish?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero
I did do the tRump thing. I think it's great. whomever wrote it first

Did you have a point to your post? Something that has to do with the subject of the thread maybe? Or was that it for you?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Okay babe. Tee hee. Im so crushed....
lol

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Annee

I saw the original footage, and I see no evidence of Acosta being a misogynist. For one thing, he said "Pardon me, ma'am" while simply trying to keep her from taking his microphone. For another, he would have treated a male intern the same. He was trying to keep the microphone so that he could ask Trump some hard questions, not so that he could insult the intern. in fact, he seemed concerned enough about the intern's well-being to say "Pardon me."

But conservatives who saw the doctored video didn't hear him say "Pardon me, ma'am" for one thing.

I know.

They're just desperate.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Dr UAE

Okay babe. Tee hee. Im so crushed....
lol
We know, you express it everyday you post in this Trump Era 😌

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I didn't say there was such a law. The post I answered was claiming that another judge may find differently when no judge is going to say the press cant cover the president and the president cannot just take away someone's press pass for no reason. And he had no reason other than he didnt want to answer the hard questions.
Like why the # do you lie constantly dude. But they wont ask the questions I want them to because they are way more polite to him than I would ever be. Which is why Im not with the press.

You don't like the hard hitting questions that trump cant answer. Oh well. He doesn't either.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

He will be the dick hes always been then.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Solution?

Never call on CNN for questions.

Let them sit there and stew.

If they don't like it, they have the freedom to leave.

Done.

edit on E30America/ChicagoFri, 16 Nov 2018 16:42:31 -060011pmFridayth04pm by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As another member pointed out earlier, and has been completely ignored, this "doctored video" is a gif, which do not have an audio track. Apart from that, it's exactly the same as the original video.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That crap about him touching that woman's arm is a bunch of nonsense. All it does is take the spotlight off the real issue that Acosta is narcissistic bully who does not play well in the sandbox. Who will not give way so other reporters can do their jobs. He's an attention whore and a very creepy guy. CNN should be embarrassed to have him on their payroll.

This is not even a win for Acosta. The White House is likely working on the rules now and Acosta being Acosta will probably get himself tossed again real soon. I have no doubt that the next President from the Democrats will take note and do the same.

CNN must really be hurting if this is the direction they have chosen. Anything for a dollar, even giving star status to a creep.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Do you have some examples showing Acosta being a narcissistic bully? Maybe I'm not in the loop.

In this video with him and Trump, it seemed like he was interested in getting Trump to answer some questions in the interest of the people. I thought they were reasonable questions.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 16:59:18 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Was there no free press while Acosta was off premises? I must have missed that...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Here is a real incident of assault:

A reporter was assaulted by a Republican congressional candidate, who went so far as to knock him to the ground, "wail on him," and break his glasses.

Reporter Ben Jacobs of The Guardian said he approached Gianforte, a former technology executive, at a meet-and-greet event at the candidate's office in Bozeman, Montana.

Jacobs allegedly went up to Gianforte to get his opinion on the Congressional Budget Office's analysis of the American Health Care Act as he was preparing for a television interview. All of a sudden, Gianforte "seemed to just snap," Jacobs said.

"He grabbed my recorder, and next thing I knew, I'd gone from being vertical to horizontal on the floor," he told "GMA" shortly after the incident.

"He was on top of me and wailing on me," Jacobs added.

ABC News

What does Trump think about this assault?

President Trump on Friday said he had no regret for making light of Rep. Greg Gianforte's physical assault on a reporter at a Montana rally Thursday night.

Trump: No regrets for praising Gianforte for body-slamming reporter

So Trump and conservatives tolerate assault when it comes to a conservative candidate body-slamming and breaking the glasses of a reporter, but get upset when a reporter tries to lightly brush away an aide trying to get his microphone?

Does this mean that Trump supporters dislike it when the protected free press ask them hard questions? Enough to be fine with politicians assaulting reporters, but hypocritically, willing to accuse a reporter of assault who doesn't deserve it?

Conservatives need to clean up their act. I would suggest starting with being open to the press.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 17:09:36 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 17:10:52 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"Manhandle", lol. I'd hate to see you in a fight, you wouldn't last half a second if you consider that "manhandling".

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Here you go, some of his antics at the North Korea summit, no less.
Acosta Yelling on Hot Mic

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

A judge ruled that there needed to be due process regarding the press pass. So let's get one thing clear... there was a violation of free press.

You seem to claim that there was free press while Acosta's access was being revoked, which is not true. That is like saying that there was still freedom in the south before the civil war (even though there were slaves) because the white people were free.

What might make more sense... let's say that one person got unlawfully searched? Yet you say, "I didn't get unlawfully searched! Therefore the 4th amendment is still in effect for everyone!"
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 17:18:55 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"Manhandle", lol. I'd hate to see you in a fight, you wouldn't last half a second if you consider that "manhandling".

Oh but I thought the entire argument was just a distraction
from the really important things in life lol.

But here you are.....

ETA I am a woman by the way and would have no problem putting
that asshat Acosta in his place.

edit on 16-11-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join