It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: stosh64

I have to image that he's the laughing stock of his peers. His antics are loathsome for any human.

I know right, Merkle, Trudeau, Macron et al. totally laugh at him. It's weird someone like you would say that about trump though.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I see a man pull away hitting a womans arm to the point she is pulled off balance. Slowed down or not. Pay closer attention.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Please stop using The Atlantic as your source. You might as well pull racial "facts" from NAACP.com.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

My opinion is there are a lot of hard truths that you right-wingers won't accept because you're buying into lies spread through the media you partake in. Looking at the original footage (you did look at it, right?). Does it really look like he is harassing the woman? He is just trying to keep the mic, and even says "Pardon me, ma'am."

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]JinMI[/post]
a reply to: [post]stosh64[/post]

I have to image that he's the laughing stock of his peers. His antics are loathsome for any human.

His peers ...including fox news..... banded together to defend him. Sheesh the blinders needed to think like a koolaide drinker

Do you really not see the precedent being set, or are you just trying to score a political point. I hope it's the later, because only a real dumb dumb couldn't see how bad this would be for them when the Dems are in the office again (or any opposition for that matter).

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Please stop using The Atlantic as your source. You might as well pull racial "facts" from NAACP.com.

I'm sure your conservative sources are much more accurate.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

It was assault on the female if you go by liberal standards. However, they excuse it because she wasn't one of them. Exposing their hypocrisy, something that happens daily, is hard to pass up.

Of course it wasn't assault in the real world, just in the standards of the liberal world.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Acosta is not a reporter but an insulting jerk.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
So you gusy think this is the end? LMAO

Trump will just re revoke it as soon as he can do it with due process.

Or the SS will say no.

Trump will still win this in the end like he always does.

Enjoy your very short lived win .

Lol, so you admit your pres is a loser? Ha!
Can't be a winner without a loser, right?
Zing!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: LSU2018

You should check out the original footage in the video I posted, it is 22 seconds in. I think you are being misled, friend. Acosta is simply trying to keep the mic from being taken from him, and even says, "Pardon me, ma'am."

Doesn't matter. If we're to go by the standards of the democrat, she was wholeheartedly, physically assaulted.

link   

I'm glad you agree she wasn't really assaulted. While I do agree that liberals can be overly-sensitive, I think you are reaching when you proclaim that they would treat something like this as assault. I went to a liberal arts college with extreme feminists on campus, and although I did see a lot I disagreed with, I NEVER saw something like this being claimed as assault.

The internet is a big place, maybe you could go fetch some example of liberals treating a situation like this as assault? There might be one.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 16:01:36 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: bknapple32

Trump calls for decorum, lol. Where is his decorum? After he kept on calling CNN reporters they're fake news and refusing to answer their questions. Respect goes both ways. Just because he's the president, doesn't give him the right to ignore the press when pressed for answers to questions? The press has a responsibility to get at the truth from our elected officials. The press works on behalf of all Americans.

Now Trump says he's for a free press? This is the same guy that kept saying at every chance he could "the media is the enemy of the people" and they're fake news! Lets see if Trump can control himself and stop saying it, I highly doubt it.

1. Just because he's the president, doesn't give him the right to ignore the press when pressed for answers to questions? Actually, it does and has for as long as there have been people asking questions. Many presidents ignored the media but since it is Trump and it gets ratings it is on the new every night.

2. You Said "The press has a responsibility to get at the truth from our elected officials. The press works on behalf of all Americans. which is true but the The press has a responsibility to report the truth from our elected officials. The press works on behalf of all Americans. That is not what is happening today. I cannot even read print media anymore it is so biased and Progressive in nature. It sucks. There is no fair and balanced reporting not even on Fox and everyone says that the the Conservative outlet. It is not.

3. The media is an enemy of the people when they are lying about the state of the union and elected officials and I am not just talking about Trump. News today is not a production of facts but a creation of stories just short of slander, bias and opinion.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Acosta is an attention seeker and not a real journalist.

link   

a reply to: ker2010

It was assault on the female if you go by liberal standards. However, they excuse it because she wasn't one of them. Exposing their hypocrisy, something that happens daily, is hard to pass up.

Of course it wasn't assault in the real world, just in the standards of the liberal world.

True, but I make it a point not to go by the insane twilight zone standards of the left.

link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Annee

Victim blaming, how completely unsurprising.

NO

Acosta was/is the victim here.

The intern could have verbally requested he hand her the mike.

She didn't. She physically was the aggressor.

Perspective.

Of course she reached for it. All the professional journalists handed it back but Abilio pushed her arm away and continued to grandstand. None of the journalists like the Acosta show as he suppresses their rights by acting like a selfish twit. Maybe they will sue the Gov for letting him in.

The new rules will ensure that those who don't behave will be gone. I would suspect that news conferences will stop until this gets resolved. I guess that like ATS, there will be temporary bans and ejections, and permanent ones. I'd love to see how Acosta behaves when he is not called on. He will self destruct rather quickly to the amusement of many.

She is still the aggressor.

She made the physical move.

Not Acosta.

Poor Acosta. Victimized by a brutal intern reaching for a mic that he should have handed her. The best training for him will be to sit and watch while the professionals get called on. He can then exercise his freedom of the press to make things up and shout at the sky.

Were there any emotions in my post?

NO

Just fact.

The intern was the physical aggressor.

If Trump gets reelected, and Abilio can't control his inner drama queen, he will have to wait another six years to ask a question. ¡Qué triste!

He could probably use the time to take a few journalism courses.

Funny to see the liberal call the female the aggressor, thereby justifying Acosta being a misogynist to her.

Kinda pathetic that you had to go to this:

MISOGYNIST: is someone who hates women.
A male chauvinist who thinks all women are stupid and manipulative is an example of a misogynist.

link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Sillyolme

Maybe "tRump" as you so cutely likely to call him

Lol, Silly triggered a tough gu... Snowflake!

You guys just don't get how bad this is. It could happen to treehousegatewaypunditsconservatives or whatever they are called. It wouldn't, but the rump is setting precedent.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm sure your conservative sources are much more accurate.

Watch the video and come to your own conclusions. My sources are my eyes. I'll admit that it doesn't help my opinion that I'll look for the worst since I can't stand the guy, I'm only human. But the exchange is easy to see. I won't read any opinionated sources to make my conclusion. That's fair, no?

link   

You should check out the original footage in the video I posted, it is 22 seconds in. I think you are being misled, friend. Acosta is simply trying to keep the mic from being taken from him, and even says, "Pardon me, ma'am."

Doesn't matter. If we're to go by the standards of the democrat, she was wholeheartedly, physically assaulted.

NO, she wasn't.

link   
They should just give the mic intern a taser and a badge. She gives a lawful command to hand over the mic if not light him up, which would be funny.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I saw the original footage, and I see no evidence of Acosta being a misogynist. For one thing, he said "Pardon me, ma'am" while simply trying to keep her from taking his microphone. For another, he would have treated a male intern the same. He was trying to keep the microphone so that he could ask Trump some hard questions, not so that he could insult the intern. in fact, he seemed concerned enough about the intern's well-being to say "Pardon me."

But conservatives who saw the doctored video didn't hear him say "Pardon me, ma'am" for one thing.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 16:05:02 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join