It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

It would be funny if Alex Jones was given a hard pass and got questions whilst Acosta sat in the back.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is like forcing someone to be a good host to a guest who already raided the liquor cabinet and threw up on the sofa...

For 2 years straight!

Every time this douche set foot in that house he disrespected the host and hostess. There is a difference between being an unbiased reporter and carrying a grudge.

Where were all these armchair defenders of the press when Obama was silencing the media and leakers via espionage act? Protesting wallstreet and corporate America? Or World of Warcraft?

At what point de we apply standards equally again?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Sillyolme

The presses right to report the news...try asking Alex Jones and all the
other alternative news sources that have been banned about their rights
in reporting news?

One last thing...this will be the last time I will ever respond to any of your
posts!

Yep! It was CNN who pushed the hardest to get rid of AJ too. They have a lot of ballz crying about the 1st and 5th. Let's not forget the kid on 4 Chan they threatened to DOX and also the elderly lady in Florida.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Annee

Victim blaming, how completely unsurprising.

NO

Acosta was/is the victim here.

The intern could have verbally requested he hand her the mike.

She didn't. She physically was the aggressor.

Perspective.

Of course she reached for it. All the professional journalists handed it back but Abilio pushed her arm away and continued to grandstand. None of the journalists like the Acosta show as he suppresses their rights by acting like a selfish twit. Maybe they will sue the Gov for letting him in.

The new rules will ensure that those who don't behave will be gone. I would suspect that news conferences will stop until this gets resolved. I guess that like ATS, there will be temporary bans and ejections, and permanent ones. I'd love to see how Acosta behaves when he is not called on. He will self destruct rather quickly to the amusement of many.

She is still the aggressor.

She made the physical move.

Not Acosta.

Poor Acosta. Victimized by a brutal intern reaching for a mic that he should have handed her. The best training for him will be to sit and watch while the professionals get called on. He can then exercise his freedom of the press to make things up and shout at the sky.

Were there any emotions in my post?

NO

Just fact.

The intern was the physical aggressor.

If Trump gets reelected, and Abilio can't control his inner drama queen, he will have to wait another six years to ask a question. ¡Qué triste!

He could probably use the time to take a few journalism courses.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I did hear that the White House issued a doctored video to justify taking away Acosta's press pass. That sounds pretty corrupt. Did you guys on ATS catch that the video was falsified? I hope no one fell for it.

Denying press passes is not a good path to take, and it is illegal without due process. But I guess Trump never has been a law-abiding citizen. There is a previous case that is being used as a precedent to show that Acosta's first and fifth amendment protections have been violated. Conservatives who are so in love with the constitution should praise this ruling!

Unless said conservatives are being short-sighted and will complain to no end when a Democrat president revokes a press pass, but when a conservative president revokes a press pass, it's okay! No! Get away from that line of thinking.

It looks like Trump got triggered by Acosta, and his emotions caused him to act against the constitution.

When Donald Trump clashed with Jim Acosta, the chief White House correspondent for CNN, at his post-midterms news conference on Wednesday—and later revoked his press credentials—he most likely knew nothing about the precedent set by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals in Robert Sherrill’s case—precedent, experts said, that put the law squarely on Acosta’s side.

The Atlantic: The Legality of Revoking Jim Acosta's Press Pass
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 15:04:37 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 15:06:57 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

And check this out, from the same article:

To explain why Acosta’s credentials had been revoked, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump’s press secretary, tweeted a highly edited video on Wednesday that appeared to show Acosta hitting the intern who tried to grab his microphone. Sanders wrote on Twitter, “President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern...” Acosta tweeted back, “This is a lie.”

In actuality, the video Sanders shared was doctored and originally posted by Paul Joseph Watson, a British conspiracy theorist associated with the fake-news website Infowars.

Who would have guessed that Info Wars was spreading more lies? Isn't that damaging to our nation's integrity? This is literally one of the organizations that spread Fake News from the start! The sad thing is that a lot of people on ATS probably fall for this disinformation hook, line, and sinker every day while simultaneously pretending that the left is the source of fake news.

The only thing I can point out is that basing arguments on false facts is dangerous as it brings one farther and farther from reality. For our country, it is unhealthy. I have brought forth to you an example, with evidence, of Info Wars spreading a lie.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 15:16:54 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I watched the conference live. Acosta was being his usual activist self and wouldn't surrender the mic. He continued to prevent others from asking questions. The intern put her hand on the mic and he pushed her arm away.
My bet is that the journalists in the room would be happy to see him go.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I did hear that the White House issued a doctored video to justify taking away Acosta's press pass. That sounds pretty corrupt. Did you guys on ATS catch that the video was falsified? I hope no one fell for it.

Denying press passes is not a good path to take, and it is illegal without due process. But I guess Trump never has been a law-abiding citizen. There is a previous case that is being used as a precedent to show that Acosta's first and fifth amendment protections have been violated. Conservatives who are so in love with the constitution should praise this ruling!

Unless said conservatives are being short-sighted and will complain to no end when a Democrat president revokes a press pass, but when a conservative president revokes a press pass, it's okay! No! Get away from that line of thinking.

It looks like Trump got triggered by Acosta, and his emotions caused him to act against the constitution.

When Donald Trump clashed with Jim Acosta, the chief White House correspondent for CNN, at his post-midterms news conference on Wednesday—and later revoked his press credentials—he most likely knew nothing about the precedent set by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals in Robert Sherrill’s case—precedent, experts said, that put the law squarely on Acosta’s side.

The Atlantic: The Legality of Revoking Jim Acosta's Press Pass

The video was not altered. It was not sped up or slowed down. No data/frames were added or subtracted from the video. The intern's arm and Jims hand were zoomed in on to show the physical contact between the two.

In no way is that considered doctored. If that's doctored instant replay in some sports where the foul/play or whatever is zoomed in on wouldn't be a legitimate way of making a call because it would be considered "DOCTORED". Actually, it was a gif image that was the issue, but even if they zoomed in on the contact its not a doctored video.

Dont let your hatred for Trump make you look foolish by claiming its a doctored video.

This is the same foolishness as those who considered it an assault which it wasn't.

edit on 16-11-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

How was it doctored?

Last I saw the only changes that occurred were standard for any video being compressed into a Gif format.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Fine Fine all easy with your great President. Acosta starts to play up out he goes or end of conference simples and no sweating.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I'm glad you asked, and I will answer. I can only hope you have an open mind for the truth.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Wednesday night shared a video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta that appeared to have been altered to make his actions at a news conference look more aggressive toward a White House intern.

The edited video looks authentic: Acosta appeared to swiftly chop down on the arm of an aide as he held onto a microphone while questioning President Trump. But in the original video, Acosta’s arm appears to move only as a response to a tussle for the microphone. His statement, “Pardon me, ma’am,” is not included in the video Sanders shared.

The Washington Post

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Now you can stop saying he only hires people who agree with everything he says.

Thread fail.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

The video misinterpreted the situation. I already posted a link backing up my argument. Do you have a response to that? Here is a video that includes the original take, in case that helps. If you are really interested in the truth, you can check out the real exchange at about 22 seconds in. If there is something I'm missing, let me know.

What are the alleged edits? They sped up Acosta's arm movements and cut the audio of him saying "Pardon me, ma'am." It was enough to take his body language out-of-context.
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 15:51:43 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Trump calls for decorum, lol. Where is his decorum? After he kept on calling CNN reporters they're fake news and refusing to answer their questions. Respect goes both ways. Just because he's the president, doesn't give him the right to ignore the press when pressed for answers to questions? The press has a responsibility to get at the truth from our elected officials. The press works on behalf of all Americans.

Now Trump says he's for a free press? This is the same guy that kept saying at every chance he could "the media is the enemy of the people" and they're fake news! Lets see if Trump can control himself and stop saying it, I highly doubt it.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I have to admit all this winning is getting kinda boring. Couldn’t the rwnj’s give us a better Challenge? Beating the orange one like beach ball is becoming kinda unfulfilling. a reply to: bknapple32

One win (House of Reps) in 4 years and you're already bored of winning?

Hmm. No wonder you hate Trump and love losing.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

boom

I chortled. Reading that, it sounded like the unenthused Ben Stein saying it.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

This is all a sideshow. If democrats were true to their beliefs, they would have disowned Acosta for putting his hand on that woman and snatching the mic from her and ignoring her. He'd have been branded a misogynist and woman hater. Nobody takes the liberal species seriously, that's why they're losing all over the civilized world while they point and laugh at Republicans as their own ship swirls around the toilet bowl.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Annee

Victim blaming, how completely unsurprising.

NO

Acosta was/is the victim here.

The intern could have verbally requested he hand her the mike.

She didn't. She physically was the aggressor.

Perspective.

Of course she reached for it. All the professional journalists handed it back but Abilio pushed her arm away and continued to grandstand. None of the journalists like the Acosta show as he suppresses their rights by acting like a selfish twit. Maybe they will sue the Gov for letting him in.

The new rules will ensure that those who don't behave will be gone. I would suspect that news conferences will stop until this gets resolved. I guess that like ATS, there will be temporary bans and ejections, and permanent ones. I'd love to see how Acosta behaves when he is not called on. He will self destruct rather quickly to the amusement of many.

She is still the aggressor.

She made the physical move.

Not Acosta.

Poor Acosta. Victimized by a brutal intern reaching for a mic that he should have handed her. The best training for him will be to sit and watch while the professionals get called on. He can then exercise his freedom of the press to make things up and shout at the sky.

Were there any emotions in my post?

NO

Just fact.

The intern was the physical aggressor.

If Trump gets reelected, and Abilio can't control his inner drama queen, he will have to wait another six years to ask a question. ¡Qué triste!

He could probably use the time to take a few journalism courses.

Funny to see the liberal call the female the aggressor, thereby justifying Acosta being a misogynist to her.

link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You should check out the original footage in the video I posted, it is 22 seconds in. I think you are being misled, friend. Acosta is simply trying to keep the mic from being taken from him, and even says, "Pardon me, ma'am."
edit on 16pmFri, 16 Nov 2018 15:53:33 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: ker2010

The video misinterpreted the situation. I already posted a link backing up my argument. Do you have a response to that? Here is a video that includes the original take, in case that helps. If you are really interested in the truth, you can check out the real exchange at about 22 seconds in.

This is false as per your link.

A hardcore leftist propaganda site, WAPO doesn't do any specialized testing, infact there isn't a link at all to any testing.

They're are basing this off the visual method, any armchair warrior can do this and it's nothing special and not indicative of anything.

A side by side comparison, one zoomed in and another the original, there isn't any doctoring or any increased/decreased parts as the supposed experts say from visually comparing them.

Infact, noticable buzz words already indicate the slant WAPO has taken, such as *Appears and *Looks, by those very same experts.

Ker2010 post on this is details the hardtruths that most leftist don't want to agree with.

You're just simply wrong as is WAPO.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join