It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
'aint nothing I can do about but agree with the judge.

You do know what was actually decided, right? That they can simply write a formal set of rules of behavior and if Acosta breaks them he's gone?

That is the funny thing (in a sad way) about this, if anything their "victory" has guaranteed the rules around the press corp will be much more strict and unforgiving in the future, which will guarantee more softball questions and less actually useful information as they want to keep their seat at the table.

Exactly right and this will backfire on the press. Why even FoxNews backed Acosta is beyond me. It should be common sense that when a reporter acts like a petulant child in the White House they can be denied access.

At least it's dealing with the 5th instead of the 1st. Something easily complied with. Had it been the 1st, it probably would have ended them even holding the press conferences in the future.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: bknapple32
The White House has every right to revoke Acosta's pass. Please do enlighten us though, what exactly is preventing the tabloid CNN from simply appointing a different emmisary??? Hmm... Why does it have to be Acosta and not one of their hundreds of other employees???

Because a federal judge said so.

Sorry for you

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Boadicea

By then there will probably be 7 conservative Supreme Court Justices.

Most likely, yes. I'm assuming Trump is counting on it. I expect this wasn't as spontaneous as it might seem. Trump knew Acosta would cross a line and he was prepared for it.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

and an entire presidency without a budget...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

The White House has every right to revoke Acosta's pass. Please do enlighten us though, what exactly is preventing the tabloid CNN from simply appointing a different emmisary??? Hmm... Why does it have to be Acosta and not one of their hundreds of other employees???

Sorry for you
*Temporary Pass 14 days, yawn.

Sorry, too bad for you 😌

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

No, because a Federal Judge stated they did not follow Due Process.

This does not mean he cannot lose his credential or any other reporter. It can still happen and I hope it does. It is a technicality based on how they filed and for why he should lose it.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Propagandalf

Isn't that interesting?

Seems the administration still holds the, pardon the pun, it's unavoidable, Trump cards.

Key words: Temporarily, and Persuade.

Personally, I'm quite glad Acosta is back in there. I love seeing him virtue-signal and grand-stand until Trump steps up and makes him look like a fool. Acosta has become a parody of himself.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

*Temporary Pass 14 days, yawn.

Sorry, too bad for you 😌

Yes, he lost his hard pass. And rightly so, he was beyond out of
bounds, and basically hit a woman.

And people are defending him even though he acosted a woman.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

I see a reporter breaking norms to try and ask his slanted questions.

His questions are not even good or current, and he is not breaking norms, but rules. He wants to become the news and not report it. As he takes up all that time as other reporters also want to ask their two questions, and so he is doing a disservice to them too. It is not like the President is going to stand there for an hour as Acosta bloviates without restraint.

The President called on him and answered his two questions and at that point Acosta wouldn't give up the mike for others to ask too, so remove his ass and CNN and send another.

edit on 16-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'd schedule conferences more often. Seat him in the back and call on smaller organizations that aren't party to the legal action. As soon as Acosta starts talking over everyone, I'd say, "Sorry, guys. Jim doesn't think you're important enough to have your question heard... I can't hear. We are trying to have an orderly event with you as guests. We're going to cancel today. Maybe we'll try again another day".
Then I'd invite the person he interrupted back for a fully catered one-on-one interview back in the residence. Wash-rinse-repeat, calling only on reporters not party to the action who are also patiently and quietly raising their hands.
If they're going to act like uncouth kindergarteners, treat them like it. Reward good behaviour and ignore the offenders. Let them eat themselves and turn on Acosta after they all lose their chance for face time because he keeps shouting at the press conferences.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Acosta groupies lol!

No normal person wants to hear his pompous rump talking.

How thoughtful of you to speak for everyone.

Oh wait, you only speak for "normal" people.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Glad to see someone on the right agree that they are, in fact, not impartial and are self-serving rather than serving the needs of the US population at large.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Enjoy Acosta while he lasts. He'll go the way of Avenatti
very soon, his days are numbered.

I suspect the reason people defend his unacceptable behavior
is that they hate Trump. Self destructive behavior always ends
the same way.

And tell me what is "Normal" about Jim Acosta,
He's a loudmouthed grandstanding male, who manhandled a woman
in the White House. I am not sure you haters can go much lower, but
I am sure they will try.

edit on 16-11-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The presses right to report the news...try asking Alex Jones and all the
other alternative news sources that have been banned about their rights
in reporting news?

One last thing...this will be the last time I will ever respond to any of your
posts!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm wondering when I'll get my Whitehouse Press Pass. If a judge can force the President to allow access to a security environment... then we all have the same right. The good news for them is that I wouldn't be an ass like Acosta!

Py

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Victim blaming, how completely unsurprising.

NO

Acosta was/is the victim here.

The intern could have verbally requested he hand her the mike.

She didn't. She physically was the aggressor.

Perspective.

Of course she reached for it. All the professional journalists handed it back but Abilio pushed her arm away and continued to grandstand. None of the journalists like the Acosta show as he suppresses their rights by acting like a selfish twit. Maybe they will sue the Gov for letting him in.

The new rules will ensure that those who don't behave will be gone. I would suspect that news conferences will stop until this gets resolved. I guess that like ATS, there will be temporary bans and ejections, and permanent ones. I'd love to see how Acosta behaves when he is not called on. He will self destruct rather quickly to the amusement of many.

She is still the aggressor.

She made the physical move.

Not Acosta.

Poor Acosta. Victimized by a brutal intern reaching for a mic that he should have handed her. The best training for him will be to sit and watch while the professionals get called on. He can then exercise his freedom of the press to make things up and shout at the sky.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Glad to see someone on the right agree that they are, in fact, not impartial and are self-serving rather than serving the needs of the US population at large.

Conservative Justices better serve the needs of the public by not changing the meaning of the Constitution and not legislating from the bench.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Victim blaming, how completely unsurprising.

NO

Acosta was/is the victim here.

The intern could have verbally requested he hand her the mike.

She didn't. She physically was the aggressor.

Perspective.

Of course she reached for it. All the professional journalists handed it back but Abilio pushed her arm away and continued to grandstand. None of the journalists like the Acosta show as he suppresses their rights by acting like a selfish twit. Maybe they will sue the Gov for letting him in.

The new rules will ensure that those who don't behave will be gone. I would suspect that news conferences will stop until this gets resolved. I guess that like ATS, there will be temporary bans and ejections, and permanent ones. I'd love to see how Acosta behaves when he is not called on. He will self destruct rather quickly to the amusement of many.

She is still the aggressor.

She made the physical move.

Not Acosta.

Poor Acosta. Victimized by a brutal intern reaching for a mic that he should have handed her. The best training for him will be to sit and watch while the professionals get called on. He can then exercise his freedom of the press to make things up and shout at the sky.

Were there any emotions in my post?

NO

Just fact.

The intern was the physical aggressor.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

Sorry for you

Wrong.
The judge ruled that due process had not been followed, not that the WH could not suspend or revoke a press pass.
The WH will be issuing new rules and Acosta will no longer be able to behave as he has... or he will be thrown out.
The rudeness and grandstanding is over.
You might not realise it but Acosta and CNN just handed complete control of proceedings to the WH. The press must now follow the rules or they are gone.
edit on 16/11/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Enjoy Acosta while he lasts. He'll go the way of Avenatti
very soon, his days are numbered.

You're seriously comparing Acosta to Avenatti?

Desperation?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join