It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Not that big of a loss if Trump doesn't call on him. Trump has only had 4 press conferences his entire presidency so Trump not calling on him won't be that big of a loss. He will still be able to be there and speak to other officials.

Could be.

But in the final analysis, this is far bigger than Acosta, CNN or Trump. It will set a precedent for future presidents and the media covering him/her.

I expect this to eventually go to the Supreme Court. Neither side is going to accept losing in the lower courts. It will be appealed all the way to the top.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Acosta groupies lol!

No normal person wants to hear his pompous rump talking.

What are you talking about?

Who else is going to ask the important questions like “What is Melania going to be wearing?”
Or
“How many scoops of ice cream did you have?”

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

That's one way to solve the issue...

Ignore him, give him lots of rope, he'll hang himself eventually.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i think we need to ask just what a ruling such as this can really mean. it could set an interesting precedent that could become a huge issue.

first off how did this situation even come about in the first place? and i am not talking about this reporter and Trump, but the reason it could even happen at all. and that is the fact that the Whitehouse press core is actually made up of a select few reporters, from select media. not just any reporter or media person can get in. that is what has made this whole situation possible. the fact that it is essentially a closed and not really a public forum at all. as such since those allowed to attend are actually selected, it makes sense that yes indeed a person could and should be able to be barred. after all everyone except for those select few are barred from attending.

which actually brings the question of just what authority a judge even has in this matter? what law has been broken, or needs to be interpreted? now IF this was a fully open and public event, open to anyone who cares to show up and ask questions (and to be honest not even just limited to reporters and media), it might be a different story. but the fact remains that this has always been a closed event, and not open to all.

now it actually does make some sense that these press briefings be limmited to a select few, since if we had say a few thousand people show up to ask questions, well lets just say it would very quickly become a zoo. and likely get out of hand with everyone trying to ask their own questions. but by having it so closed to a select few, it does in fact leave plenty of room for those in charge of it to keep anyone out they don't want.

so now we have a judge trying to set a precedent, one that essentually blocks the ability to keep anyone out of it. so does that now mean if this idiot's (the judge) judgement is held up that apsolutely anyone and everyone who wishes to attend, must be allowed to do so? after all if it is against the law (and a judge only is supposed to deal with laws), to ban this spacific reporter. than it must also be against the same law to ban anyone. and the fact is that it is true that this type of event should in fact be open to all. and that would include say Alex Jones, or even Joe Shmo blogger. after all if this reporter has a right[i] to be there as this judge is saying in his judgement. that also means that everyone has the same right after all rights are supposed to be equal for all.

perhapse what needs to happen is to change the way people are selected to attend. instead of only allowing a select few, from a select few media outlets attend. that everyone who wishes to attend and take part be allowed to do so. and the only real way to do so, while not creating a circus and chaos would be to qute literally have a system where everyone who wishes take part do so in a rolling pool sytem. where say if 1,000 people wish to take part and yet there are only 100 spots than they each take their turn being allowed to attend. this of course would mean that with these numbers that each person who wants to take part may only attend one out of every ten briefings/question period. that would be the fair way to do it. as well as to insure that no one who wishes to participate are disallowed.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hilarious that you guys actually think this is important enough to waste your mental energy on. But that is the circus Trump is the ringleader of these days, unimportant issue after umimportant issue clogging people's vision and logic.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Hilarious that you guys actually think this is important enough to waste your mental energy on. But that is the circus Trump is the ringleader of these days, unimportant issue after umimportant issue clogging people's vision and logic.

Indeed. The farce continues...

The world is taking notice. Allies slowly dwindling...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Isn't that interesting?

Seems the administration still holds the, pardon the pun, it's unavoidable, Trump cards.

Key words: Temporarily, and Persuade.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: network dude

Interestingly you could swap out the name acosta and add trump when talking about hogging the mic, attention seeking and lack of decorum.
Trump hates Acosta as he sees himself...
Basic psychology.

But again, Trump is the guy in charge, Acosta isn't. he's a news guy, among many. he just happens to be loud and obnoxious like Trump. Did you get to holler at your third grade teacher and tell them how they should teach their class, or did you respectfully sit your ass in your seat and do what you were told?

I'd argue that it's more important for the person in charge to act professional than it is for some peon.

Yes, Acosta is an idiot, and acted as such. So do most reporters, it's why almost every reporter depicted on tv and in movies is shown to be a jerk. Reporters tend to be a bit scummy.

All the more reason for the president to act in a professional manner. I'm in no way giving Acosta a pass on his actions, he should've sat down and shut up. BUT, I'm giving Trump even less of a pass. He holds the highest position in the country, he shouldn't act like a pompous @$$.

If you have 2 bosses:
One is constantly a jerk, berating those under him, making up lies about others he disagrees with, backtracking on some things he's previously said, is very abrasive/un-pc, and generally acts like he thinks he's better than you.
The 2nd is a nice person, diplomatic, listens to those who disagrees with him, decides to go with the decision that is best for everyone rather than the decision that makes him look the best, keeps his word,and shows respect for every employee.

Which boss would you rather have? Anyone who says #1 is masochistic.
#1 is a pretty fair description of Trump (Trump supporters would probably agree too, given the number of "I love that he's un-pc, tells it like it is, etc" posts I've seen here and elsewhere).
#2 is a pretty fair description of how a president SHOULD act. Even if they decide to do something that you ultimately don't agree with, you'd still respect them, because they clearly show that they respect you and your opinion.

I'd much rather have the second option represent this country. If people are honest with themselves, I'd think most would agree with me.

which boss would I rather have? I'd rather be the boss. But if I had to work for someone, I'd do whatever I could to enjoy it, and if I didn't, I'd quit and find another one. I don't disagree with you that Trump acts like a spoiled dickhead sometimes. He was that way long before he ran for president, and he hasn't changed much. Like that part or not, it's commendable to remain who you were, even if you were a douche. I'd rather deal with what I know than some facade that person is hiding behind, but you may feel differently. If I had my choice someone like Pence would be Potus. But it's not up to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

But who exactly are the ones that keep clogging up the peoples vision with these ridiculous stories? It's the MSM that gets them started and keeps them going, fueling the flames of Trump hatred.

No one gave two#s about bummer booting reporters , so why the big fuss over current POTUS giving someone the boot? Because it's TRUMP that gave him the boot, that's why. And that is the only reason why.

Said CNN Resnorter is nothing but a disrespectful, me complex, loud mouth attention seeker.

Bummer never got called out for any of his wrong deeds, and there were many, but yet Trump can't have two scoops without the left-side masses losing their collective#forbrains.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Instead of all this legal posturing, I don't see why Acosta didn't just go out to his car, change his shirt and put a hat on and just go back in!?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Well done that Judge!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Now that would be must watch TV...!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Do you really think Acosta is good for democrats? Trump supporters love when Trump shuts him up and makes him look like a fool. How the hell can you support him? And don't say because of free press because that's the only farce here
edit on 16-11-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

WOW, Not used to seeing you call out a leftie like this. Good for you, yet the OP was pointless, as was this event.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don’t think the press have a right to be Whitehouse correspondents. With JA constant outbursts I’d be surprised if trump takes another question from him

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Do you really think Acosta is good for democrats? Trump supporters love when Trump shuts him up and makes him look like a fool. How the hell can you support him? And don't say because of free press because that's the only farce here

And how or what exactly tells you I support Acosta?
Is it just imaginative? Default trump defense action (DTDA)?

The farce doth continues...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Of course he got back in, we have a document that protects from tyrannical action from the government.

What this was is yet another push to condition those who CAN BE conditioned to accept actions they never would have before. Those who idolize the government and everything it does will support such actions, even when they go against the Constitution.

This will happen again and again and again, until the threat is removed or the Constitution is removed.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

You did notice, did you not, that that decision came with attachments like the word "temporary", and is contingent upon CNN/Acosta explaining/excusing his behavior at the presser that got him banned, and the White House agreeing with that explanation/excuse.

The judge, in this case, seems to regard it as a 5th amendment issue...the simply acted too hastily. So, it's still up to the White House to ultimately decide if the grandstanding "reporter" is allowed back.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

By then there will probably be 7 conservative Supreme Court Justices.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So wait. The white house can't bar individuals from entering the premise. Seems weird to me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join