It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Acosta gets his press credentials back immediately

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]network dude[/post]

originally posted by: [post]bknapple32[/post]

originally posted by: [post]zazzafrazz[/post]
a reply to: [post]Blaine91555[/post]

Is there a law against being a clown AND a journalist in the constitution ?

To some Acosta is no more gauche than Trump. Depends which side of the fence you sit on as to how you perceive the terrible manners and decorum from either of these men.

This

I see a reporter breaking norms to try and ask his slanted questions. I see someone who is just as knowledgeable at breaking norms, and that person doesnt like the questions. Magically everyone who supports the guy that doesnt like the questions- dont like the questions either. Now to one side, hes a reporter reacting. To the other, its the man in power reacting to the reporter....

On and on we go.....

you didn't think Acosta being rude and not relinquishing the microphone and letting some other reporter ask a question was an issue? Please tell me you don't act like this when doing business?

Again context is important. Trump and Acosta have developed a history. Was he being rude? Sure- Lets count the many times Trump, the leader of the free world, has been rude. The idea that some here will hold Jim Acosta to a higher standard than the president of the united states is humorous.

but the president, as rude and abrasive as he may be, is still the president of the United States. If you want to make an argument for Trump not acting presidential, you would have a hard time finding someone to disagree with you. But Acosta is a reporter for a failing news outlet, he ins't quite at the same level as the guy who was elected to run the United States. You do get that right?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
'aint nothing I can do about but agree with the judge.

You do know what was actually decided, right? That they can simply write a formal set of rules of behavior and if Acosta breaks them he's gone?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I understand how "the system" works.

So do they.

The attention and distraction is working wonders for both of them.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Again context is important. Trump and Acosta have developed a history. Was he being rude? Sure- Lets count the many times Trump, the leader of the free world, has been rude. The idea that some here will hold Jim Acosta to a higher standard than the president of the united states is humorous.

Can Acosta not invite the president to his show? Can Acosta tell the President to leave his show, or even turn off the mic if he doesn't see the President's action as appropriate? We the White House Press conference is the President's show with rules, rules that Acosta constantly break. That other news reporters do not.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Interestingly you could swap out the name acosta and add trump when talking about hogging the mic, attention seeking and lack of decorum.
Trump hates Acosta as he sees himself...
Basic psychology.

But again, Trump is the guy in charge, Acosta isn't. he's a news guy, among many. he just happens to be loud and obnoxious like Trump. Did you get to holler at your third grade teacher and tell them how they should teach their class, or did you respectfully sit your ass in your seat and do what you were told?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Annee

Victim blaming, how completely unsurprising.

NO

Acosta was/is the victim here.

The intern could have verbally requested he hand her the mike.

She didn't. She physically was the aggressor.

Perspective.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: BlackJackal

I was watching it live. Assault is defined as unwanted touching period. Do I believe Acosta was intentionally attempting to assault the young intern ? No but it was clearly unwarranted and uncalled for behavior. Does it deserve being stripped of his credentials ? No, however a well deserved time out of a week or so is justly deserved and he owes an apology to the young women just doing her job.

The intern "aggressively" physically reached for the mike, which Acosta was still speaking in. She forced physical contact. The intern is in reality the aggressor.

Thanks that made my day. Stupid intern doing her job.

How dare she expect Acosta to act like a grown up and give up the mic. She wasn't assaulted but your post made my head hurt

Did she physically reach to grab the mike?

Or did she verbally ask for him to give it to her?

She was the aggressor.

edit on 16-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You do know what was actually decided, right? That they can simply write a formal set of rules of behavior and if Acosta breaks them he's gone?

That is the funny thing (in a sad way) about this, if anything their "victory" has guaranteed the rules around the press corp will be much more strict and unforgiving in the future, which will guarantee more softball questions and less actually useful information as they want to keep their seat at the table.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You do know what was actually decided, right?

Yes.
Judge Kelly ordered the White House was required to restore his White House access, but is under no obligation to call on him during questions.
He said the White House decision likely violated the journalist's right to due process and freedom of speech.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Actually, there are quite a few on here who triumphantly celebrate “anything” that embarrasses POTUS 45, regardless of how superficial it makes their Country appear. They still haven’t accepted their queen bee couldn’t be bothered to campaign in the Midwest and lost the Presidential election to the least qualified contestant in the race...quite the feat on her part.

That said, nor will that same group ever acknowledge the significant accomplishments of POTUS 45 in his first two years in office, despite the multitude of roadblocks #neverTrump, #Resist, and the other 20 groups hiding behind hashtags put in front of him.

Some of us choose to support the US President because we are legal citizens of the US and he is our President. Just like I have supported every President in office since the 70s, when I turned 18 and could vote. Never really felt the need to cry in my milk or scream at the sky if my candidate lost.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

"Mr Acosta are you done making your public protest after you've demanded your third question?"

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump was being a moron, if the judge didn’t order the pass to be put back in place alll it would have done is set a precedent that Trump can just kick out any reporter who asks questions he doesn’t like.

Trump was being an idiot, again, just get over it. Be thankful that this was stopped and free press protected for once.

Acosta is little more than a protester with a press pass. That sort of behavior isn't welcome in some situations. Just get over it.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You do know what was actually decided, right?

Yes.
Judge Kelly ordered the White House was required to restore his White House access, but is under no obligation to call on him during questions.
He said the White House decision likely violated the journalist's right to due process and freedom of speech.

Could be me, but I believe due process applies to criminal behavior, not to who is in a clique. Further, Acosta was free to say whatever he wanted, so not sure how there was a loss of Freedom of Speech. Then again, never claimed to be a lawyer or a judge...just someone who understands decorum when addressing the President of the United States.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Take the ruling up with the Trump appointed judge, not me.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Interestingly you could swap out the name acosta and add trump when talking about hogging the mic, attention seeking and lack of decorum.
Trump hates Acosta as he sees himself...
Basic psychology.

But again, Trump is the guy in charge, Acosta isn't. he's a news guy, among many. he just happens to be loud and obnoxious like Trump. Did you get to holler at your third grade teacher and tell them how they should teach their class, or did you respectfully sit your ass in your seat and do what you were told?

I'd argue that it's more important for the person in charge to act professional than it is for some peon.

Yes, Acosta is an idiot, and acted as such. So do most reporters, it's why almost every reporter depicted on tv and in movies is shown to be a jerk. Reporters tend to be a bit scummy.

All the more reason for the president to act in a professional manner. I'm in no way giving Acosta a pass on his actions, he should've sat down and shut up. BUT, I'm giving Trump even less of a pass. He holds the highest position in the country, he shouldn't act like a pompous @$$.

If you have 2 bosses:
One is constantly a jerk, berating those under him, making up lies about others he disagrees with, backtracking on some things he's previously said, is very abrasive/un-pc, and generally acts like he thinks he's better than you.
The 2nd is a nice person, diplomatic, listens to those who disagrees with him, decides to go with the decision that is best for everyone rather than the decision that makes him look the best, keeps his word,and shows respect for every employee.

Which boss would you rather have? Anyone who says #1 is masochistic.
#1 is a pretty fair description of Trump (Trump supporters would probably agree too, given the number of "I love that he's un-pc, tells it like it is, etc" posts I've seen here and elsewhere).
#2 is a pretty fair description of how a president SHOULD act. Even if they decide to do something that you ultimately don't agree with, you'd still respect them, because they clearly show that they respect you and your opinion.

I'd much rather have the second option represent this country. If people are honest with themselves, I'd think most would agree with me.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: DBCowboy

Are you as excited as I am to see an emboldened acosta and irate president make charade theater in disguise of a press conference!

Yay we win!

I want to see SOMEONE throw a punch!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The intern was doing the job her boss (POTUS) told her to do. Again, Trump makes the decisions in the WH, not activists err i mean journalists.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

NO

Perspective.

Of course she reached for it. All the professional journalists handed it back but Abilio pushed her arm away and continued to grandstand. None of the journalists like the Acosta show as he suppresses their rights by acting like a selfish twit. Maybe they will sue the Gov for letting him in.

The new rules will ensure that those who don't behave will be gone. I would suspect that news conferences will stop until this gets resolved. I guess that like ATS, there will be temporary bans and ejections, and permanent ones. I'd love to see how Acosta behaves when he is not called on. He will self destruct rather quickly to the amusement of many.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

NO

Perspective.

Of course she reached for it. All the professional journalists handed it back but Abilio pushed her arm away and continued to grandstand. None of the journalists like the Acosta show as he suppresses their rights by acting like a selfish twit. Maybe they will sue the Gov for letting him in.

The new rules will ensure that those who don't behave will be gone. I would suspect that news conferences will stop until this gets resolved. I guess that like ATS, there will be temporary bans and ejections, and permanent ones. I'd love to see how Acosta behaves when he is not called on. He will self destruct rather quickly to the amusement of many.

She is still the aggressor.

She made the physical move.

Not Acosta.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Acosta groupies lol!

No normal person wants to hear his pompous rump talking.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join