It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's new AAG Whitaker under investigation for scams at his previous company.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: BlackJackal

The DOJ didn't seem to have an issue with it, nor the POTUS or American people.

Nice try SG, you're just bad at this.

It's ok Arnie, I know it's hard for you. I keep destroying your heroes and all you can do is stick your head in the sand and deny, deny, deny. In all of the discussions I have had with you, not once have you made a bit of logical sense.

You are arguing that since Trump had no trouble with Whitaker that everything is fine and nothing is wrong with this guy. OK...... It's obvious Trump appointed this guy for one reason and that was to protect him from Mueller. He picked the guy that has been vocal in his opposition to Mueller, that isn't a coincidence. Trump could care less if this guy was a murderer, all he cares about right now is protection from Mueller.

The American people don't have a choice in this matter. It's not like the American people voted on it. I have no idea what logic you mean here.

Finally, the DOJ also doesn't have a choice in the matter. Trump appoints who he appoints.
Lmfao, destroy my heros? Sadly you didn't as IAMTAT has pointed out your folly within this garbage bin.

Sorry SG, not quite the results you wanted, huh? I love the fact that you're so salty and mad that your thread is debunked and your hit piece failed.

Try again SG.

It's the same damn thing in every thread with you isn't it? You just don't read anything. IAMTAT pointed out that he wasn't investigated during the original FTC investigation. However, right there in my opening topic I pointed out that he is now under investigation by members of Congress for his involvement in these scams.

A group of Democratic lawmakers announced on Wednesday that they are launching an investigation into acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker's involvement in a company the government deemed a scam.

debunked huh? Care to try again?

LINK

I swear talking to you is like talking to a toddler. Also, what the hell is SG?
edit on 16-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You just don't read anything

Says a guy who accuses Whitaker of fraud without providing any evidence, and labels the company in question "his company" and Whitaker a director although he served as in an advisory role not as an owner/director, smears him by association with a few of the clients/patent -holders of the company by invoking Bigfoot, pretending Whitaker is the one personally promoting Bigfoot,time travel, et al, and accuses the company itself of fraud although the case was settled with no admission of wrong doing or criminal charges.

This is what fake news looks like.

It actually looks like libel. Maybe your lawyer will get charged with libel too as he advises you Like you suggest happens here. Just kidding, the law doesn't work that way.
edit on 16-11-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's ok Arnie, I know it's hard for you. I keep destroying your heroes and all you can do is stick your head in the sand and deny, deny, deny. In all of the discussions I have had with you, not once have you made a bit of logical sense.

You are arguing that since Trump had no trouble with Whitaker that everything is fine and nothing is wrong with this guy. OK...... It's obvious Trump appointed this guy for one reason and that was to protect him from Mueller. He picked the guy that has been vocal in his opposition to Mueller, that isn't a coincidence. Trump could care less if this guy was a murderer, all he cares about right now is protection from Mueller.

The American people don't have a choice in this matter. It's not like the American people voted on it. I have no idea what logic you mean here.

Finally, the DOJ also doesn't have a choice in the matter. Trump appoints who he appoints.
Lmfao, destroy my heros? Sadly you didn't as IAMTAT has pointed out your folly within this garbage bin.

Sorry SG, not quite the results you wanted, huh? I love the fact that you're so salty and mad that your thread is debunked and your hit piece failed.

Try again SG.

It's the same damn thing in every thread with you isn't it? You just don't read anything. IAMTAT pointed out that he wasn't investigated during the original FTC investigation. However, right there in my opening topic I pointed out that he is now under investigation by members of Congress for his involvement in these scams.

A group of Democratic lawmakers announced on Wednesday that they are launching an investigation into acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker's involvement in a company the government deemed a scam.

LINK

😫 Dimocrats? Heh, don't make me laugh, grandstanding and it won't amount to anything, so DEBUNK.

My surprise face when dims launch an investigation and call for them on anything Trump related...

😐

Sorry, your pitiful attempt to make this stick just isn't working 😌

Better luck next time SG 😘

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

You just don't read anything

Says a guy who accuses Whitaker of fraud without providing any evidence, and labels the company in question "his company" although he served as in an advisory role not as an owner/director, smears him by association with a few of the clients/patent -holders of the company by invoking Bigfoot, pretending Whitaker is the one personally promoting Bigfoot,time travel, et al, and accuses the company itself of fraud although the case was settled with no admission of wrong doing or criminal charges.

This is what fake news looks like.

I did really? I accused him of Fraud? Really? Where did I do that?

I did nothing but provide the facts. Whitaker was involved with this company at least to the extent that he is on record lying to a customer that there would be “serious civil and criminal consequences" for them filing complaints against the company. Additionally, he threatened lawsuits against the owner of the RipoffReport if he didn't remove negative comments about his company from that site.

See the thing is, you didn't read either. I never once mentioned Whitaker in context of the original investigation at all. The original investigation is just back story. He is being investigated now to see how connected he actually was to the company.

The only thing I said about the original investigation in my post was:

The company, World Patent Marketing, was forced out of business last year by the FTC due to scamming consumers out of $26 million dollars.

Did I say it was because of Whitaker? No.
Did I say Whitaker committed Fraud? No.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Try again SG.

LINK

😫 Dimocrats? Heh, don't make me laugh, grandstanding and it won't amount to anything, so DEBUNK.

My surprise face when dims launch an investigation and call for them on anything Trump related...

😐

There really isn't any hope for you. You never have an original thought. Everything you say is a talking point you have picked up either on this board or from the right wing media.

You portray yourself like a small child wanting very badly to be in an adult conversation. You want to be taken seriously so badly that you overdo it, you put in too much gusto.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, this should disqualify him for qualifying for the job. So Trump just needs to find someone else if this is true.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: BlackJackal

How'd I know it would be your name making this thread... Still foaming I guess.

Does it feel good or kinda crappy being a tool of some crooked politicians?

I think he used to be another member who was banned. Same writing style.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Try again SG.

LINK

😐

There really isn't any hope for you. You never have an original thought. Everything you say is a talking point you have picked up either on this board or from the right wing media.

You portray yourself like a small child wanting very badly to be in an adult conversation. You want to be taken seriously so badly that you overdo it, you put in too much gusto.
😫😫😖😭

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

From your OP:

The company, World Patent Marketing, was forced out of business last year by the FTC due to scamming consumers out of $26 million dollars. 

False. Case was settled without admission of wrongdoing. No one was found guilty of or admitted to wrong-doing (ie "scamming consumers")

A man who is deeply involved with a fraudulent company that was proven to scam customers out of millions of dollars with absolute crackpot schemes such as Bigfoot DNA and time travel.

Repeat of false claim.
You also again misrepresent the FTC complaint. The complaint was by the iNVENTORS of the patents paying to be promoted. The "consumers" and complainants are some of the "crackpots" you mentioned. They claimed they paid WPM (I don't know if that's a recognized acronym, but I'm tired of typing it out) to promote their bizarre inventions and snip investment opportunitiesinvestments and they didn't get a good return on their payment for services.
WPM was not accused of trying to bilk people with crackpot schemes. They were ironically accused of NOT effectively promoting the crackpots as promised.

If Whitaker protects Trump from the Mueller investigation Trump gives Whitaker a pardon for his involvement with World Patent Marketing. 

Whitaker was never accused of wrongdoing. Why would he need a pardon?

Then after being corrected, you just double down on stupid saying:

Just to be clear, Whitaker was more involved than just drafting contracts and agreements. He sat on the Board of Directors for this company so he was involved in any major decision made by that board. 

I can't go through each post and deconstruct them all, but you're full of the brown stuff.

Then you have the audacity to say:

I did nothing but provide the facts.

It's libel. Maybe you and ATS can go in halfsies for legal representation if they sue.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Fact - The company World Patent Marketing is out of business
Fact - The company was accused by the FTC for "deceiving consumers and suppressing complaints about the company by using threats of criminal prosecution against dissatisfied customers."
Fact - Matthew Whitaker took part in suppressing complaints.
Fact - The FTC settlement outlines the specifics of their fraudulent behavior.
Fact - World Patent Marketing agreed to a settlement for the above charges.

In its March 14, 2017, filings, the FTC accused World Patent Marketing of “deceiving consumers and suppressing complaints about the company by using threats of criminal prosecution against dissatisfied customers.” Last May, the FTC announced a settlement in the case that included a ban on the company and a judgment worth $26 million.

LINK

Scott Cooper and his companies, World Patent Marketing Inc. and Desa Industries Inc., have agreed to a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission that bans them from the invention promotion business.

The proposed settlement order resolves charges the FTC brought last year, alleging that Cooper and his companies deceived consumers and suppressed complaints about them using threats, intimidation, and gag clauses. A federal court subsequently halted the Florida-based scheme and froze its assets pending litigation.

According to the FTC, consumers paid the defendants thousands of dollars to patent and market their inventions based on bogus “success stories” and testimonials. After stringing consumers along for months or even years, the defendants did not deliver what they promised, and many people ended up in debt or lost their life savings with nothing to show for it.

Under the proposed settlement order, the defendants are banned from invention promotion activities, misrepresenting any good or service, and suppressing the availability of truthful negative comments or reviews by consumers. They are also prohibited from profiting from consumers’ personal information collected as part of the challenged practices, and failing to dispose of it properly.

The order imposes a $25,987,192 judgment that will be partially suspended when $78,670 in frozen funds are transferred to the Commission and Cooper has paid $976,330. The full judgment will become due immediately if the defendants are found to have misrepresented their financial condition.

The Commission vote approving the proposed stipulated final order was 2-0. The FTC filed the proposed order in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.

LINK

As you can see, even in the settlement with the FTC you can see that the company owners are banned from this type of business in the future and the judgement against them. A company that is doing business in good faith isn't going to get a judgement that bans them from doing future business and a 26 million dollar fine. It was a fraudulent company and Whitaker is expressly linked to the original FTC complaint.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whitaker was not a named party to the suit, and none of the named parties admitted wrong doing in the suit, the case was decided by settlement, not judgement. The case was never adjudicated.

You can't claim a person committed fraud when neither he nor the company he advised was found guilty of fraud. Well, you can, but you can't have integrity while you do it...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Whitaker was not a named party to the suit, and none of the named parties admitted wrong doing in the suit, the case was decided by settlement, not judgement. The case was never adjudicated.

You can't claim a person committed fraud when neither he nor the company he advised was found guilty of fraud. Well, you can, but you can't have integrity while you do it...

Ok, your right, that company is pure as the driven snow. I'm sorry I ever brought anything up at all.

You realize you are arguing semantics right? You are arguing that since they were not found guilty in a court of law that they aren't guilty. Even though the company went out of business agreed to a 26 million dollar fine and it's owners agreed never to open a similar business again in their lives. Also, just because Whitaker is not expressly stated in the complaint he did nothing wrong even when there is documented evidence that links him to one of the principal complaints of the FTC case.

It really doesn't matter what you think to be honest. The investigation that I talked about when I opened this thread is happening and just because you want to argue semantics, that doesn't change.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

That's fine. They can investigate all they want. Just know they are investigating a person who was not a named party to that case, who was an advisor-- not a director-- to a firm that was accused of not properly marketing on behalf of crackpots-- not a "company that was proven to scam customers out of millions of dollars with absolute crackpot schemes such as Bigfoot DNA and time travel." And that the FTC action was settled without judgement or admission of wrongdoing.

Sounds like a political exercise to me.

Instead you continue to blindly misrepresent every fact germane to the case while loudly screaming "I'm just stating the facts" pretending that Whitaker was owner or director "of a company that was proven to scam customers out of millions of dollars with absolute crackpot schemes such as Bigfoot DNA and time travel.".

It isn't "semantic" . You either are lying or have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
What can I say.....
All the best people.

sigh

So you out because the source admits the AAG isn't accused?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

originally posted by: Sillyolme

To start, I just want to say reality is the best writer. You can't make up a story that sounds weirder than this one.

But they will claim it is made up anyway.

Don't forget deflect deflect deflect. These guys are totally brainwashed. It's sad and I feel sorry for them

They read and hear so many lies that the lie world has become reality.

Uhhh you yourself are brainwashed. Just look at your sig, and the lack of a comma like its written.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Like I said, a double standard. Thank you for proving my point. I would suggest being less of a hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Arnie123

Like I said, a double standard. Thank you for proving my point. I would suggest being less of a hypocrite.
I would suggest adding relevant infomation instead of skulking the forums and proclaiming enlightenment you think you're so fond of.

This isn't indicative of a double standard when its facts vs fake news.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You realize you are arguing semantics right? You are arguing that since they were not found guilty in a court of law that they aren't guilty.

Ah, now this is an interesting comment, and one which gets to the heart of you as a contributor, and explains virtually every thread you've made.

This pretty much explains your world view of Trump, Trump Jnr, Kavanaugh, and anyone else on your hit list. You just KNOW they're guilty, and anyone asking for actual evidence or truth is simply 'arguing semantics'. How very telling.

By that rationale, Hillary is guilty of everything but just never found so in a court of law? Anything you say or argue to the contrary must simply be 'arguing semantics'. I guess she should just go to jail now...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

...'a group of Democratic law makers'... have decided to investigate.

You're too stupid to understand what is going on.

Penis.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Damn I thought you went away

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join