It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Police Force Anywhere In The World Should The British Police Emulate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
There's always good apples and bad apples for sure.
My son got caught with a bong and 3 grams of weed when he was 15 at a beach party, the cops took him home so his mother told him off lol. No official caution, no penalty, just the weed was 'confiscated' with no paperwork haha.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

T&C's prevent me from telling my best cop stories.

Haha, me too.

That one was just to let some people know it's not all bad.

At the end of the day, they are people too. If you treat them as such you can be surprised by the results.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

No official caution, no penalty, just the weed was 'confiscated' with no paperwork haha.

I'm sure they "destroyed it", just wonder if it was done by protocol or finished off with donuts. Maybe some biscuits and tea there.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Haha for sure!
I've had stuff 'confiscated' loads of times, it's a game, and better than being arrested.
I've got a mate used to sell ecstasy back in the 90's, got caught with say a thousand pills but by the time it got to court he was charged with possession of 50 or so lol, he didn't tell the judge that it was more than that, no chance.
Got a lame fine paid in installments. Really difficult to go to jail here, you really have to be a twat.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That's how it should be.

Victimless crimes should be a fine.

What good is putting someone in jail so taxpayers can pay extra just so they can lose their job and become a burden on society?

Governments just like to have control of how we think, hence why the don't want us to alter our minds. That should be alarming to people.

Anyone who believes that governments, the US in particular are looking out for citizens best interest and their wellbeing are kidding themselves.

Society accepts a crummy dad/husband who abuses alcohol because of legality and demonizes those who alter their minds and listen to music and explore nature.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A lot depends on where you live in the UK, 'Police Scotland' will nick you for half a gram of weed, but Devon & Cornwall police service will say meh, not even worth confiscating. South Wales Police service are like roided up stormtroopers chewing furiously, and they will nick you for looking at them the wrong way.
It varies wildly across the UK as I imagine it does in the US.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
A lot depends on where you live in the UK, 'Police Scotland' will nick you for half a gram of weed, but Devon & Cornwall police service will say meh, not even worth confiscating. South Wales Police service are like roided up stormtroopers chewing furiously, and they will nick you for looking at them the wrong way.
It varies wildly across the UK as I imagine it does in the US.

That it does.

Sad to hear about Wales though, I'm about a third Welch, a third Italian, and a third various, the most prominent being Native American. Although each time someone gets the 23 and me I have to balance those out, because I'm not getting one.

I'm sure the Welch will catch some jokes my way, add in it I'm from Texas and I'm a huge target, I know, haha.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My mother is Welsh, ancestry traced back hundreds of years.
South Wales cops are rough because South Wales is a rough and industrial violent place.
Men nod and acknowledge each other as they pass and make eye-contact, it is a way to show respect and that you are not seeking violence.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Haha for sure!
I've had stuff 'confiscated' loads of times, it's a game, and better than being arrested.
I've got a mate used to sell ecstasy back in the 90's, got caught with say a thousand pills but by the time it got to court he was charged with possession of 50 or so lol, he didn't tell the judge that it was more than that, no chance.
Got a lame fine paid in installments. Really difficult to go to jail here, you really have to be a twat.

Yet the North of Scotland in a small village of a few thousand the cops were going round armed with revolvers for a while until the public spoke out it looked that stupid . one cop went in to a Tesco coffee shop and took his gun belt off and left it on the table while he went to get served , my friend who worked behind the counter chewed him up for it .

It,s one thing to see armed cops at major airports that is just normal now but to be strutting about in as small town you can leave the doors open is another when they act like it is the wild west

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

My mother is Welsh, ancestry traced back hundreds of years.
South Wales cops are rough because South Wales is a rough and industrial violent place.
Men nod and acknowledge each other as they pass and make eye-contact, it is a way to show respect and that you are not seeking violence.

Hopefully our societies can slowly change the status quo. We the people may be able to ask more of our public servants, and help in making a conducive environment for them to make those changes.

One of the mistakes I see in western societies is the quickness to put blame everywhere else but upon ourselves. We often forget about personal responsibility, whether that be walking through life with candor and decorum, or utilizing our rights to be well informed and applying that through a vote.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
One of the mistakes I see in western societies is the quickness to put blame everywhere else but upon ourselves.
Massively agree

We have had savage cuts in police numbers here, roughly 700 officers at any given time patrolling the largest police service area in England covering 1 and a half million people. You just don't see cops anymore unless a major crime has been committed like murder or whatever.

What's happened though is the community has become closer and stronger, challenging behaviour which affects others.
We basically police ourselves these days, and cops are rarely called unless it really is an emergency.
It's almost like it has forced us all to become more responsible for ourselves and each other.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Mayberry, NC, USA

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

Lol, I googled it

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not the American thugs.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
Not the American thugs.

I don't believe all US cops are thugs, I have US friends who tell me different.
I like that UK cops generally only have crap sticks though, I wouldn't want that to change.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The police academy. a reply to: Kester

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Yeah... thing is, the vast majority of the countries population, live in areas which are not well served by the police service, where police numbers are too few, funding too tight to permit a police officer or police car with more than one officer, to arrive in response to a call which warrants their attention. They no longer come out to burglaries in many places, unless the perpetrator is in the house when you call, and even then, will arrive two hours or more later. Some people put a call in and NEVER see response.

Its a running joke in even remotely well populated areas, that it used to be that you got worried when you heard sirens, or saw the flashing lights, because it meant something was actually happening at that moment that warranted said concern. Now you are just glad that someone actually managed to get a response out of the police force, which has been systematically destroyed by a succession of tory governments.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Again, I don't mind the cuts to police numbers, it feels more free. 10 years ago we had uniformed people all over the place, council street wardens, PCSO's and actual cops walking the beat, now nothing, I was genuinely shocked the other day when I saw a lone PCSO in town.
I spoke to her and said I was shocked, she said she was the only uniformed presence in the whole town and she actually felt scared. I told her not to worry because if she was in trouble half the men around would assist her, including myself, she smiled thanks and seemed more confident hearing that.

I don't want a police state, I like it as it is here since the cuts to 'authority' services.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: TrueBrit
Again, I don't mind the cuts to police numbers, it feels more free. 10 years ago we had uniformed people all over the place, council street wardens, PCSO's and actual cops walking the beat, now nothing, I was genuinely shocked the other day when I saw a lone PCSO in town.
I spoke to her and said I was shocked, she said she was the only uniformed presence in the whole town and she actually felt scared. I told her not to worry because if she was in trouble half the men around would assist her, including myself, she smiled thanks and seemed more confident hearing that.

I don't want a police state, I like it as it is here since the cuts to 'authority' services.

I think that's what makes the British bobby so great, they're equal to us so generally treat us more than fairly and we have their back in return, as doing that role relying on your brain over weapons takes serious balls and discipline - they seem far more caring than most other forces who see themselves as an authority.

Things have strangley got better here since police cuts but I'm not sure uf that's just because muggings seem to have completely vanished, farmore money ad less chance of being caught via bankfraud, cybercrime etc.. these days. Gang turf wars are definitaley 100% settled, only the ones resorting tyo violence or dealing crack and heroin get touched - think there was one none heroin related raid last year (around 25kg weed/hash recovered) but that was only because of a dodgy plate and the weed was 'confiscated' with no one charged, case dropped two days later).

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion
Any cop doing the right thing will get backup in my corner of England, if a cop is in trouble then it's trouble.
The overwhelming majority of people think the same here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join